Which is your favorite Pattaya shopping center?

Sarahg

With several choices and more on the way, my favorite is the new (opened April 1) Harbor Mall on Pattaya Klang. Clean and quiet with very few customers Monday to Thursday. The mall receives a much needed Bangkokian invasion every weekend.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say I have a favourite ( I like the Harbor mall)  as I just go there to buy what I need, my wife on the other hand insists on going to Central Festival the Beach every Sunday !

sometimes the traffic is horrid  the car park is full to bursting  its taken over an hour to get out of the car park on a couple of occasions which has subdued her enthusiasm quite a bit.

I don't understand why Bangkokians flock to Pattaya's shopping malls every weekend  its as if they dont have enough of them in Bangkok

like to waste time sitting in traffic trying to park,petrol,tollway fees  accommodation etc  just so thay can "shop" at  "centun"

I finally went to Harbor and did go on a weekday.

Yes it was empty and kind of depressing.

I ate at one of the chain Japanese restaurants that don't have any other local presence.

The food was truly awful even for a chain place. 

The novelty of an empty mall did have it's dark appeal but I won't be rushing back. 

Looking forward to what the new MARINA place will be like and of course eventually Terminal One. When does MARINA open exactly? 

Edited by Jingthing

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I ate at one of the chain Japanese restaurants that don't have any other local presence.

The novelty of an empty mall did have it's dark appeal but I won't be rushing back. 

Looking forward to what the new MARINA place will be like and of course eventually Terminal One. When does MARINA open exactly? 

I've seen signs this week on 2nd Road saying it will open on the 19th -  next Monday. There are hundreds of workers on site, still at it after dark. This morning I could see only 1 outlet near to completion and that was.......wait for it......McDonalds. Quelle surprise.

2 hours ago, johng said:

Wouldn't say I have a favourite ( I like the Harbor mall)  as I just go there to buy what I need, my wife on the other hand insists on going to Central Festival the Beach every Sunday !

sometimes the traffic is horrid  the car park is full to bursting  its taken over an hour to get out of the car park on a couple of occasions which has subdued her enthusiasm quite a bit.

I don't understand why Bangkokians flock to Pattaya's shopping malls every weekend  its as if they dont have enough of them in Bangkok

like to waste time sitting in traffic trying to park,petrol,tollway fees  accommodation etc  just so thay can "shop" at  "centun"

My favorite is Central Festival, though I like Harbor, too.  I can tell you why some Bangkokians flock to Pattaya's shopping centers on weekends.  My partner's sister and her husband live in BKK and work at banks.  They leave for work around 5:30AM and get home, exhausted, around 7:30 or 8PM, sometimes later, depending on the traffic.  By the time they unwind a bit and get some dinner, watch a little tv, it's time for bed and start the whole rat race again in the morning.  Good luck finding time to do anything more than essential shopping.  When they sometimes visit us on a weekend, they're off to hit the malls first thing.  They love that the malls are so easy to get to compared to BKK. They can easily hit the outlets, Central Festival, and Royal Garden and they usually come back loaded down with things like shoes, clothes, and so on that they don't have time to shop for during their busy weeks.  We complain about the traffic but it's a breeze compared to BKK and Pattaya is fairly compact with a lot of the shopping choices not far from each other.

7 minutes ago, newnative said:

My favorite is Central Festival, though I like Harbor, too.  I can tell you why some Bangkokians flock to Pattaya's shopping centers on weekends.  My partner's sister and her husband live in BKK and work at banks.  They leave for work around 5:30AM and get home, exhausted, around 7:30 or 8PM, sometimes later, depending on the traffic.  By the time they unwind a bit and get some dinner, watch a little tv, it's time for bed and start the whole rat race again in the morning.  Good luck finding time to do anything more than essential shopping.  When they sometimes visit us on a weekend, they're off to hit the malls first thing.  They love that the malls are so easy to get to compared to BKK. They can easily hit the outlets, Central Festival, and Royal Garden and they usually come back loaded down with things like shoes, clothes, and so on that they don't have time to shop for during their busy weeks.  We complain about the traffic but it's a breeze compared to BKK and Pattaya is fairly compact with a lot of the shopping choices not far from each other.

Then surely they could do that in Bangkok at the weekend, then they would not have to travel to Pattaya to shop? just a thought!

1 minute ago, lemel said:

Then surely they could do that in Bangkok at the weekend, then they would not have to travel to Pattaya to shop? just a thought!

Yes, of course, they do shop in BKK on the weekends.  I'm just saying that when they are in Pattaya they take advantage of the convenience of having a lot of shopping relatively close by to each other and much easier to get to than some of the shopping centers in BKK.  They, and I think most Bangkokians, don't drive to Pattaya just to shop--they come to get away from BKK, kick back, some to see family members here, eat out at different restaurants, etc. 

We like Central too, go there app 1 time per week so my boy can play in the kids zone.

Harbor mall kids zone is somewhat odd, pay 400 baht and then he can play the whole day. I told them I only want 100baht worth of playing (1 hour). Blank stares and was told: Cannot do mister. OK, bye-bye was my answer.

We also liked the old Central festival in North Pattaya, soon to be finished renovating, I wonder how that gonna look and Terminal1 nearby is not so good for them.

We were in Harbor mall today looking for some Christmas toys, the ever fewer and fewer phone stalls are not making good business, the place was almost empty, expect for the people working there. One floor have over 50% closed shops, not good.   

10 hours ago, SidJames said:

Pattaya Night Bazaar where you can fill up on sale items then buy a suitcase or two, on sale of course, to carry your bargains home in.

Can't be long before we see 80-90% sales but the holy grail of a 100% sale still a distant dream for now

If the Night Bazaar is tourist tat venue, then Lukdod would have to be the winner in those stakes, no?

I'll just say Mikes shopping mall since it's small and the oldest in town. You can get a decent cup of coffee there and just grab with you some cheap  t-shirts and jeans  . And the beach side is full of life , so you can watch a lot of crazy stuff while drinking your tea or coffee. 

But for a real mall I guess Central Festival will always be number one in Pattaya

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Harbor Mall is a Joke and grocery downstairs better lower their prices or they will close soon, I would of hated being A vendor or store owner there, Depressing 

Edited by Ireland32

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

When does MARINA open exactly? 

19th of December

15442288_1837628219841974_3816595004286636169_n.jpg

seems I was confused abut the location  when I said  there was only Starbucks.. the Central marina is located at the building previously called

Central Festival Center or Big C north Pattaya

23 hours ago, newnative said:

hen they sometimes visit us on a weekend, they're off to hit the malls first thing.  They love that the malls are so easy to get to compared to BKK. They can easily hit the outlets, Central Festival, and Royal Garden and they usually come back loaded down

If they would stay in Bangkok over the weekend, they would discover that central BKK is pretty much empty and has no traffic jams.

Easy to "hit" Paragon, Central and Emporium within a reasonable amount of time.

Bangkok Thai's just have a thing for getting out of the city on the weekends, which I appreciate much.

Edited by ThailandLOS

22 hours ago, KittenKong said:

My favourite mall is the one that isnt full of pointless fashion/design/clothing shops selling ridiculously over-priced designer items that I would never buy in a million years.

Sadly it doesnt exist here.

Sounds like Mike's would cater for your needs.