Fancy Pants! Honest schoolboys return 100,000 baht cash found in pocket of old jeans

webfact

Fancy Pants! Honest schoolboys return 100,000 baht cash found in pocket of old jeans

By Coconuts Bangkok 

15493835_1363022327041768_52021422373847

Photo: AEC News/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Two students in Tak province’s Mae Ramat neighborhood got the surprise of their life on Thursday afternoon after they were presented with some donated clothes to wear during the winter months.

When they were trying on the old clothes, they found a wad of cash in the pocket of a pair of jeans that added up to THB100,000!

Cousins Khamnon Kaenwichit and Nawapon Suksereepon, both 9, quickly alerted their teacher, who had distributed the clothes to the underprivileged students.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/12/16/fancy-pants-honest-schoolboys-return-100000-baht-cash-found-pocket-old-jeans

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-12-16

2 hours ago, JAG said:

If no-one is able to establish a verifiable claim I trust that these two lads will get to keep the money.

What am I talking about -silly old fool that I am...

The teacher has the money now. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have returned the money, it was a gift from God.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The teacher has the money now. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have returned the money, it was a gift from God.

Oh I should imagine that it is being "looked after" somewhat further up the "educational food chain "!

So great of the kids . Salute to their honesty. Maybe the person donated these cloths wanted some one to get them as well , maybe to be forgiven from some sins ..

anyway I hope the boys are rewarded and if no claims they should have it 

6 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

does this mean:

a ) donated clothing is not washed before given to the poor?

b ) the owner of the cash is another nine-year-old, judging by the jeans size?

c ) the kids have learned their lesson on how to stay underprivileged?

d) An honest drug dealer's missing some good money he/she's hiding in the pants?

Edited by lostinisaan

How on earth can this happen?  100,000 is quite a little bundle.  Having said that, a friend of ours back home hides gold and money in bags of old clothes.  She went home to Thailand for a visit and my friend (hubby) decided to take the advantage of her absence to show her what he meant  by getting rid of some of her horde of old clothes that he is always telling her to dump.   It all went into the local "old clothes to charity" donation bin.    Possibly something similar happened  here

Edited by The Deerhunter

20 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

How on earth can this happen?  100,000 is quite a little bundle.  Having said that, a friend of ours back home hides gold and money in bags of old clothes.  She went home to Thailand for a visit and my friend (hubby) decided to take the advantage of her absence to show her what he meant  by getting rid of some of her horde of old clothes that he is always telling her to dump.   It all went into the local "old clothes to charity" donation bin.    Possibly something similar happened  here

If your friend ( hubby) likes beer, the woman surely became a Beerhunter.....:sleepy:

Edited by lostinisaan

3 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

If your friend ( hubby) likes beer, the woman surely became a Beerhunter.....:sleepy:

He does.  In fact he is the only person I know who drinks his particular favourite tipple.  However I am at a loss to know what a beerhunter is and  it has to do with the post.  She was seriously not impressed on her return, I can tell you.

One hundred banknotes makes quite a lump in a pair of jeans -- almost impossible to miss by anyone. But, if so, and if the jeans were crumpled up and thrown into a bag and then simply given to these kids without checking, then you'd expect the notes to be a bit dog-eared and worn, edges crimped and folded over. These look quite fresh, way too fresh.

I think a new PR agency is needed.

This story smells VERY fishy to me. I suspect it's part of the 'Trust me - I am a Thai' propaganda.

This could easily be the latest incarnation of the junta's fake news operations (as if!) to attract more tourists and goodwill towards Thailand, when they desperately need both.

7 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

One hundred banknotes makes quite a lump in a pair of jeans -- almost impossible to miss by anyone. But, if so, and if the jeans were crumpled up and thrown into a bag and then simply given to these kids without checking, then you'd expect the notes to be a bit dog-eared and worn, edges crimped and folded over. These look quite fresh, way too fresh.

I think a new PR agency is needed.

Exactly.

There is a single fold in the notes, and all of that is not fitting in a pocket. 

The Thai propaganda machine is almost as good as North Korea's PR team. However, both are equally as kooky and absurd.