Alternatives to Truevisions

brewsterbudgen

I know there have been a number of threads about all the TV options available (in Bangkok), but it's difficult to find one that suits my requirements and, no doubt, changes occur regularly to the various operators and the packages available.  I've been a loyal UBC/Truevisions customer for over 10 years but with the demise of BBC Entertainment and CBeebies, and a move to a new condo, it feels like time for a change.

I'm looking for something that will give me:

1) News channels (CNN/BBC/Sky/Fox)

2) Sport (Premiership football, NFL, F1, MLB)

3) The regular Thai channels (3, 5, 7)

4) Quality kids programming (CBeebies, Disney, Nickleodeon)

5) Some movies, preferably with English/Thai soundtrack options

6) Some UK TV content

I don't want the system to operate via my computer.  If it's internet connected, I'd want to have a set-top box/remote control - completely separate from my computer.  I'm happy to pay a one-off charge or a monthly/annual subscription.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

I recently changed from Truevisions as i found i rarely used their service. I got cable Sophon for all the thai channels to keep the tgf happy. I have an android box and can see all the UK channels via Mobdro, Sky Sport, Movies, BBC etc. I also watch Sky News via Youtube which is better than anything that Truevisions provided.  So all my needs met at a much smaller monthly outlay.

• Like 1

If you're like most people and have a Smart TV these days, just sign up for a cheap IPTV service that offers a m3u list as a product and you can watch all the channels you mention straight from remote of the TV using the TV's IPTV app functions. If the TV isn't smart then just attach an Android TV box that delivers same result. 

• Like 1

Truevisions went out of date with Safari suits and cassette tapes.  Age has no excuse here; even at 67 years I can buy an android box, download app MODBRO and watch all the external TV programs FREE with no subtitles in local language dropped across the screen. Watching F1 GP in HD, live and NO adverts beats the Foxsport SD version with adverts as an example.

On 17/12/2016 at 11:28 AM, Henryford said:

I recently changed from Truevisions as i found i rarely used their service. I got cable Sophon for all the thai channels to keep the tgf happy. I have an android box and can see all the UK channels via Mobdro, Sky Sport, Movies, BBC etc. I also watch Sky News via Youtube which is better than anything that Truevisions provided.  So all my needs met at a much smaller monthly outlay.

Is Sophon available anywhere other than  Pattaya? I googled itg  and it does not appear so. I am  in Phuket and equally po-ed with True visions, but have not found any alternative yet

Edited by Farang99

Buy an Adroid box and use free apps or pay for a service like ilikehdtv, which gives you all the channels on a menu. There are other services like 365 etc. What I like about ilikehdtv is that you pay only when you use it. When we are away we dont subscribe to the service. You can also view TV on your phone or tablet with these types of services/apps.

3 minutes ago, bark said:

Save money, of course. get rid of True Visions.

Sorry, I meant what do you get with the box as opposed to watching it straight from the internet. My membership runs out with Expat TV at the end of the month and it's more or likely I will switch to Pulse.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Sorry, I meant what do you get with the box as opposed to watching it straight from the internet. My membership runs out with Expat TV at the end of the month and it's more or likely I will switch to Pulse.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Sorry, I am too busy to answer anymore questions.

1 hour ago, DavidB4 said:

Best for free online TV(USA content) = http://www.watchepisodes3.com/  and then http://tvrush.eu/ (not an attractive site but allot of choices including older shows).  For movies: http://fmovies.se/ and http://putlockers.ch/  all free. 

Sorry but do you mean an allotment of choices or a lot of choices?  Again....sorry but 1 of my engrish peeves...:smile:

On 19.12.2016 at 0:09 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Yes I use it great service easy set up great customer care and plenty of chanels with more added frequently now with the Thai chanels you mentioned

Does it have any of the True Sports channels (TrueSport HD1 etc)?

Do you HAVE to have an Android box or could I use my MacBook which I regularly connect to my TV?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice move need any help pm me but it is easy to set up just remember your email or username and password. Then your away.

Very efficient service from Pulse. The box arrived 2 days after ordering and was easy to install.

However I think my wifi may not be good enough. If my wife is on Facebook Live on her phone, my son is watching videos on his tablet, and my phone is on, every channel freezes and watching is impossible. When nobody is using a device it works ok.

Should I connect the box directly to the internet router?

20 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Very efficient service from Pulse. The box arrived 2 days after ordering and was easy to install.

However I think my wifi may not be good enough. If my wife is on Facebook Live on her phone, my son is watching videos on his tablet, and my phone is on, every channel freezes and watching is impossible. When nobody is using a device it works ok.

Should I connect the box directly to the internet router?

Yes hard wire it if problems persist use the chat service on there Web site they will help also try settings on box and see what server your on try switching to back up server

• Like 1