price and times for buses from bangkok to pattaya??

eurfx

20 hours ago, thairookie said:

I wonder why they have not found it fit to have a bus service from DMK to Pattaya.

Because there is little demand?

The last time I went to DMK it was still called BKK. Never been since the new airport opened, and not likely to.

On 1/30/2017 at 10:52 AM, siam2007 said:

No, the Ekkamai Buses stopped doing this, thankfully. And no stop in Laem Chabang either. There are separate Buses originating from Laem Chabang nowadays

I used the blue bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya Nua this week, and it went to Laem Chabang to drop off passengers.

Edited by Tony M

17 hours ago, Tony M said:

I used the blue bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya Nua this week, and it went to Laem Chabang to drop off passengers.

That seems highly unusual, but maybe if some PAX explicitly asked before they boarded the Bus and there was more than just one of them, then they maybe still do this (probably with a 50 Baht Bill or so handed over to the driver). Officially these Buses are NOT supposed ´to stop at Laem Chabang any longer

34 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

That seems highly unusual, but maybe if some PAX explicitly asked before they boarded the Bus and there was more than just one of them, then they maybe still do this (probably with a 50 Baht Bill or so handed over to the driver). Officially these Buses are NOT supposed ´to stop at Laem Chabang any longer

It was two passengers, and one more a little further down the road, near to the Rayong turnoff.  

On 2/1/2017 at 10:44 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

As far as I know, there is no direct bus from Pattaya bus terminal to DM. What you can do is take the Mo Chit bus, then taxi to DM Airport.

Problem is knowing what the bus timetable is, especially if you have a flight to carch.

Having to go to Morchit I went to the Pattaya North bus station to ask the bus timings and the response was "maybe every 15 minutes, maybe every hour, not sure"

They don't have a timetable.

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Problem is knowing what the bus timetable is, especially if you have a flight to carch.

Having to go to Morchit I went to the Pattaya North bus station to ask the bus timings and the response was "maybe every 15 minutes, maybe every hour, not sure"

Of course not.  They can be delayed up to an hour based upon traffic/accidents.

16 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The bus terminal departures are based on demand. I do know the Mo Chit bus is not nearly as frequent as the Ekamai bus. A way around this is to take the Ekamai bus, get off at Udom Suk BTS station and take the train all the way to Mo Chit station and then a taxi to DMK. Takes about 40-45 minutes to Mo Chit station from Udom Suk. 

56 minutes ago, ouredd said:

So I have a 10am flight at Don Muang airport,what is the best way to get there by bus from Pattaya ?

What I would to:

- Reserve a cheap hotel for 1 night near Mo Chit or Victory Place

- Get a normal bus to Mo Chit in the evening

- Take a taxi or the A1 or A2 bus to DM in the morning.

:)

7 hours ago, ouredd said:

So I have a 10am flight at Don Muang airport,what is the best way to get there by bus from Pattaya ?

Ekkamai bus from Pattaya,first BTS stop past Bang Na,get the Mochit BTS(42 baht)

Took the 540am from BKK to Pats this morning.  It stopped 6 times.  2 for pick ups,  3 for drop offs, and one so the driver could take a pee on the side of the road.  Anyway, Each stop was only 30 seconds so no biggie.  2 hour total.

On 3/5/2017 at 6:04 AM, bkk6060 said:

Of course not.  They can be delayed up to an hour based upon traffic/accidents.

On 3/5/2017 at 0:17 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

The bus terminal departures are based on demand.

I wonder why the Swiss don;t adopt this type of non-scheduling then, it would make their country run so much more effectively,