Tuning Kits

Nuuk

Has anybody got any experience in these tuning kits.

It looks ideal to replace e.g. a Honda PCX 125cc worn out cylinder/piston with a kit that makes it a 164cc for as little as 6400 Thb.

There seems to various kit from this supplier. Some performs more than others.

http://www.yuminashi.eu/164cc-light-bore-flat-deck-cylinder-kit-pcx125-v1/ 

If the cost is the same as a new cylinder or a re-bore then I suppose why not but you will still be breathing though 125 sized valves.  Once you start down this road all of a sudden the injector is not big enough, the variator settings are wrong, etc etc. 

Have you priced a re-bore at a Honda dealer and an oversize piston?  

If the engine is in good condition you might get more from simply getting a local performance camshaft? Ok you'll need lighter weights in the variator as the power has moved further up the rev range but European PCX's come with those anyway.

Edited by VocalNeal

Yes but the pcx needs new cylinder/piston anyway?

In the link they also recommend to fit a larger fuel injector (under the kit). Don't know what that will cost?

I see some very fast pcx'es here in Patts sometimes, they go really fast, young Thais that also put those skinny wheels on them, ha-ha.

But yes, where will it end? Get a R3 and smoke them all.

^ Nuk didn't say that his/her piston and cylinder were worn out. Just that it looks like a good idea. 

You can probably get the same thing from a Thai aftermarket mocy shop for 3500-3800 baht. If the cylinder is not Nikasil it can me re-bored.

Edited by VocalNeal

30 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

^ Nuk didn't say that his/her piston and cylinder were worn out. Just that it looks like a good idea. 

You can probably get the same thing from a Thai aftermarket mocy shop for 3500-3800 baht. If the cylinder is not Nikasil it can me re-bored.

Yeah my bad again,  don't know whether PCX cylinders have that coating but if as say e.g. worn out engine,  there's many ways to go,  maybe possible upgrade PCX125 to a PCX150 if you want a bit more power gain.