Unemployment edging up, Thai NESDB says

webfact

Unemployment edging up, NESDB says
By WICHIT CHAITRONG 
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- ALTHOUGH unemployment was still quite low in 2016 at 0.99 per cent, it has been relentlessly climbing, with rates of 0.8 per cent in 2013 and 0.9 per cent in 2014 and 2015.

The National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) said yesterday that January’s unemployment rate came in higher at 1.2 per cent. 

About 550,000 new graduates are expected to be ready to enter the labour market this year, of whom 61 per cent have only a tertiary education. 

However, the economy has been forecast to grow at 3-4 per cent, with expansions in nearly all industries and in private investment. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/EconomyAndTourism/30308116

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-07

Whoever came up with this?

Unemployment edging up rubbish, in our area not enough people to fill the jobs.

Big C , Global house have opened here. Some people in our village who never had paid employment  before are now working.

Sounds like somebody is trying to justify their job, by coming up with these facts.

6 minutes ago, Thechook said:

How do they actually determine the unemployment rate in Thailand if they don't have a welfare system.

They don't, it's up to the day whims and wants of the talking heads in the department,

when they feel that today is the right time to release and announcement,

one day unemployment is down, the next it's up, other days nothing,

ask them for creditable data to back up their statements, and they will ask for few

months time to produce it....

Am what counts for employment?? A day or so a week I guess gets you on the list as many I've seen in the villagers don't move till rice is due to be harvested and maybe a odd day here and there 

Edited by Nigeone

2 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Am what counts for employment?? A day or so a week I guess gets you on the list as many I've seen in the villagers don't move till rice is due to be harvested and maybe a odd day here and there 

Watching rice grow is a full time job!

4 hours ago, Nigeone said:

I believe that self-employed and seasonal workers are considered fully "employed" even if only for part of the year. So the considerable Thai agriculture workforce (excluding migrants) would be considered fully employed even when not working.

I see a lot of vacant jobs ( Jobsdb, Etc) especially in engineering , still unemployment on rise ? . They need to find out 

1. Why people are not taking up available jobs ?.

2. Do people from college/training institute have required skill to match requirements.

3. Employer's over expectation or  ill logical conditions.(ie.  HR copy/Paste skill set of experienced person to young candidate )

4. Why people too often move from job to job.  

or  they need to redefine " what is unemployment ?"

I found few things among young college graduates ,

1 .They want to work in cities not in rural areas.

2. Need a perfect desk job. few people are taking site works.

3. Expects a great salary increase every year without getting roasted.