2017 D-Tracker questions

Hey I'm buying a 2017 D-Tracker 250 soon and can't find any recent information, all my searches find info from 5 to 7 years ago so have a few questions.

1. Are the new D-Trackers still restricted?  And need to be derestricted to reach their full potential?

2. Are 330 or 350 cc kit upgrades still available here in Thailand and working well?

3. Any particular shops in Bangkok that are well known for quality work on mods for the D-Tracker?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

8 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

What bigger CC bike is similar to the D-Tracker?  None that I know of but I'm eager to learn if there is an alternative.  D-Trackers and KLX type bikes are just so much more comfortable and safe to ride in Bangkok, but if theres a bigger engine version great.

Honda 500X,  220 baht.

I'm sorry you and I are not talking about the same types of bikes at all..... the D-Tracker is basically a KLX which is a motocross style bike, the D-Tracker uses street tires instead of offroad tires.  This format is extremely safe because it can power slide in an emergency and if I go down I have always landed on my feet, even flipping it in traffic I still landed on my feet.  The Honda500 would slap the pavement like any other bike of that type. 

There is a KLX 450 in Canada so thought you meant something like that.  But Thailand doesn't sell it.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

19 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

I'm sorry you and I are not talking about the same types of bikes at all..... the D-Tracker is basically a KLX which is a motocross style bike, the D-Tracker uses street tires instead of offroad tires.  This format is extremely safe because it can power slide in an emergency and if I go down I have always landed on my feet, even flipping it in traffic I still landed on my feet.  The Honda500 would slap the pavement like any other bike of that type. 

There is a KLX 450 in Canada so thought you meant something like that.  But Thailand doesn't sell it.

Honda 800 Africa twin. :laugh:

The 2017 current Thai Kawasaki website shows the KLX 250 WITH A CARB!!!

Got me vaguely interested.

Briefly.

Until i chased it up and found out that it's a mistake, and just like all previous years over here, they run FI...

Edited by thaiguzzi
spelling