Video: Man escapes from car as it sinks in the floods

webfact

Video: Man escapes from car as it sinks in the floods

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

RAYONG: -- Video on Thai TV showed a man escaping from his sinking car in a stretch of road in Rayong yesterday.

Very heavy rain had hit the area taking motorists and locals by surprise around 11.30 am, reported Thai News Agency.

One man climbed out of the passenger side of his vehicle as it literally floats in the floodwaters.

Two cars were submerged in the area after floods hit a 400 meter stretch of the road. Many shop houses suffered damage.

Flooding was as deep as 2 meters in some areas.

Locals said they had never seen the like of it in the area before and some blamed poor drainage though they admitted the rain was unusually heavy.

Things were back to normal by around 2pm but TNA warned of more heavy rains possible today across the eastern seaboard.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-30

Probably the same storm that hit Jomtien around that time.  Some very strong winds and heavy rain that was blown almost horizontally.  Luckily that intense part of the storm didn't last long here.  Maybe five minutes?  Had it lasted a half hour or so,  Jomtien might have been like Rayong in the OP's picture.

I was on the phone with a friend who was near Pattaya Klang at the time, and it wasn't raining or windy there.

And that is the point in time when you hope you have manual windows, as electric ones tend to stop working and leave you trapped inside.

My friend and I nearly died in Queensland crossing a gully when that happened to us.

6 hours ago, catman20 said:

or a sinking fund:cheesy:

I assume one have sinking fund and the other have floating interests - a small but significant difference....;)