Video: Overloaded pick up - Thais ask how did the police miss that one!

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The poster of the clip - Naret Suanplai - told the media that he took the video after filming on the Mitraphap Highway heading into Bangkok on Wednesday.

However those pictures are on Facebook for at least 3 weeks already.

That load doesn't  look a problem to me , if it was going down a hill in the rain however but quite possibly this load going into BKK is a common thing , it looks well thought out , even the height , the ones that do bother me are the pick ups with 50 bags of stone in the back and the tailgate is barely off the road and there is a meter gap between the front wheel and the wing, Driver can only see the sky , brakes if any would quickly overheat as for the steering on bald tyres in the rain ..........................

4 minutes ago, crickets said:

After living here 5 years i wouldnt take a second look at it......very normal

After living here for more than 25 years I look at it and think...third world backwater!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, r136dg said:

"Thais ask how did the police miss that one!"

The same way they miss every traffic law violation happening every nano second.

They didn't miss it. They just don't care. Which is exactly why no-one takes any notice at all of any laws in Thailand. Because they are never enforced.

9 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Wow...  how smart you are.

Ever heard of dashboard cameras ?  Couldn't it have been the co-pilot filming ?

Unless the dashboard cam is mounted above the wing mirror, or the co pilot is sitting on the drivers lap, I'd tend to agree that the driver was filming,

talking about smart blokes.........

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Unless the dashboard cam is mounted above the wing mirror, or the co pilot is sitting on the drivers lap, I'd tend to agree that the driver was filming,

talking about smart blokes.........

Well, I'm not with facebook so cannot see the video.

3 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

this is their way of saving time n cost but do not realise that if an accident does occur, then more time n money would actually be wasted.

Yes but in the words of the loud mouth know all aunty in my extended family 'I don't have accidents'.

3 hours ago, r136dg said:

"Thais ask how did the police miss that one!"

The same way they miss every traffic law violation happening every nano second.

Probably didn't miss this one at all, the usual stop & check point would have cost the driver a few hundred baht and allowed to go on his merry way !!!

Typical Thai mentality though, save money & time by doing it in one load/trip... give a Thai a little freedom & he'll take the piss !!

As mentioned already - this is the norm.....so why would they stop them ?

Anyone else noticed that very old small pick up trucks are converted to water trucks and have a tank that hold about 2,000 + litre on the back.....that is on a truck that maybe was certified to haul about 500 kg at most. I have only ever seen one truck with modified new suspension - but you also need to upgrade the brakes....

17 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I guess you haven't hear of DASH CAMS, eh?

Guess you have not watched the video eh? Nor read any posts above.

Some posters just jump at the chance to try and belittle others without getting the facts right first, unfortunate trait of this forum.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, onemorechang said:

The real problem is the Isan family

sitting round the table eating Som tum, 

in the middle of that load. :thumbsup:

And the young helper swinging somewhere in there in his hammock,happy to have some shade this trip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Seems to most posters here are really way out of their realm of reality here. 

Canopy post 17 is the only one post that sees the reality. The truck is not overloaded. It is all done with in the rules and regulations. No weigh just bulk and stored legally as cargo.  

Just goes to show how people respond when they are ignorant about a situation and make rash ill informed posts to bash Thai's

Did you even read the title??

Thais ask how did the police miss that one!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canopy said:

It's not clear to me from the photo there is anything illegal about it. If the cargo doesn't extend past the front bumper, past the sides, and is less than 5 meters total height then no problems there. Cargo can extend past the back with no length limit as long as a red flag is attached for loads extending over 1 meter which it has.

its  pretty  clear to me both u and him/her have no common  sense

2 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Seems to most posters here are really way out of their realm of reality here. 

Canopy post 17 is the only one post that sees the reality. The truck is not overloaded. It is all done with in the rules and regulations. No weigh just bulk and stored legally as cargo.  

Just goes to show how people respond when they are ignorant about a situation and make rash ill informed posts to bash Thai's

true  love runs  deep eh

1 hour ago, lungnorm said:

What no box trailers in Thailand ?

A mate of mine suggested making them 10 years ago.I said as soon as we sold our1st one another factory would open across the road and undercut us.Then the Chinese would start importing them and who can bet them.At least we would have sold one.

I have seen a few homemade trallors around but very rare,too hard to reverse maybe.