Trump unleashes military strikes against Assad airbase in Syria

webfact

12 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:
21 minutes ago, sujoop said:

Called it correctly yesterday (below):

------------
Assad has the upper hand now so did not need to risk a renewed backlash. So, who besides Assad has free range of air space in Syria? Trump's pal, comrade Putin (Russia also has monitor control over Syria's chemical weapons).  This despicable act comes as Russia-Gate was dominating and increasingly revealing complicit ties between Trump's Whitehouse & Russia. But now, suddenly Trump & Putin appear on opposite sides. (pure theatre)

The situation in Syria could now make for a mutually convenient, distracting, 'theatre' of faux confrontation between Russia and the Whitehouse. Trump could order a couple strategic air strikes on Syrian bases or chemical targets, with Russia threatening back but it's only theatre. Meanwhile all the steam behind Whitehouse/Russia-Gate evaporates ...
--------------

Doubters, one logical question: Since Russia defacto controls Shayrat Airbase and also monitors Syria's chemical weapons, how did the chemical attack happen in the first place if not under direction of Putin and for what purpose?

Next up, onto N Korea for even more wag-the-dog dangerous distractions.

In 2013 it was reported the Syrian regime had no chemical weapons, whilst it is known some rebel factions are in possession 

So, you are saying the 'rebels' (which Syria & Russia are fighting) somehow managed to commandeer planes from the Soviet controlled airbase in Syria where the Trump administration states the chemical attack originated from?

'The missile launch was directed at a government air force base where a chemical attack was launched on Syrian civilians April 4.'

I take back one part of my earlier prediction - Putin the theatre director will now have to retaliate to close the curtain for this particular act. Hopefully Donnie's role will not cause a ripple effect in the region or worse.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agreed, though it should be only if the US was directly threatened. I would hope that he conferred with the leaders of the house before launching though.

No need. But he did appear to advise the Russians that they needed to vacate those particular premises ahead of the strikes.

I believe few if any children of politicians died in Vietnam. I doubt that has changed much.

Of course you are speaking for the children of Vietnamese politicians as well?

1 hour ago, oz457 said:

Will this ignite WW3? I'm worried about the Russian answer to this strike if any of the Russian Military are hurt.

This does not look very good.

As stated, the Russians were advised in advance.

Agreed, though it should be only if the US was directly threatened. I would hope that he conferred with the leaders of the house before launching though.

You're both missing the point. He required Obama to get Congressional approval before taking any action, but that standard apparently does not apply to himself.

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Cruise missiles are not bombs and they go where intended. Air bases don't have collateral casualties.

Thanks for correcting my terminology, so its not a guided bomb? nice to know they go where intended, & if they don't? Never mind eh, as you have stated no casualties!

30 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

In 2013 it was reported the Syrian regime had no chemical weapons, whilst it is known some rebel factions are in possession 

...and of course the rebels have the know ability to deliver such chemical weapons by air.

28 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

That was actually a lie. And we all believe our own lies. 

16 minutes ago, sujoop said:

So, you are saying the 'rebels' (which Syria & Russia are fighting) somehow managed to commandeer planes from the Soviet controlled airbase in Syria where the Trump administration states the chemical attack originated from?

'The missile launch was directed at a government air force base where a chemical attack was launched on Syrian civilians April 4.'

I take back one part of my earlier prediction - Putin the theatre director will now have to retaliate to close the curtain for this particular act. Hopefully Donnie's role will not cause a ripple effect in the region or worse.

None of the news reports I saw said anything about planes dropping anything. If the rebels did it they could have just detonated gas bombs remotely on the ground.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

17796700_10212668994220283_334322891636448109_n.jpg

Trump will be strutting round Mara Lago today like a rooster with two dicks. I bet the Chinese President loved this one. I believe that Trump has got this wrong. Ron Paul has it absolutely right. The world is in the hands of idiots.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

None of the news reports I saw said anything about planes dropping anything. If the rebels did it they could have just detonated gas bombs remotely on the ground.

Well that's a rather bizarre statement since even the Syrians actually said they were carrying out air raids that targeted the rebels' chemical warehouse (which they say belonged to the al-Nusra Front, not ISIS). 

Assad has shown many times that he would quite happily obliterate the opposition to him whatever their affiliation. An attack like this doesn't mean he's stupid, just that he's done it before and thinks he can get away with it. To think it's some kind of conspiracy seems much more implausible IMO and some genuine evidence would be interesting.

2 hours ago, Rob13 said:

Who makes the cruise missles and whats trumps holdings in that company?:coffee1:

Raytheon is the manufacturer.

rtn_167806.jpg

News from 9.11.2016

Raytheon (RTN) shares soared into buy range Wednesday as defense contractors took flight on the wings of Donald Trump's victory in the U.S. presidential election but sales to foreign countries could take a hit.

http://www.investors.com/news/raytheon-launched-into-buy-range-on-trump-win-defense-stocks-rally/

Edited by alocacoc

3 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Well that's a rather bizarre statement since even the Syrians actually said they were carrying out air raids that targeted the rebels' chemical warehouse (which they say belonged to the al-Nusra Front, not ISIS). 

Assad has shown many times that he would quite happily obliterate the opposition to him whatever their affiliation. An attack like this doesn't mean he's stupid, just that he's done it before and thinks he can get away with it. To think it's some kind of conspiracy seems much more implausible IMO and some genuine evidence would be interesting.

some genuine evidence would be interesting.

AGREED!!!!!

So far there is sod all, just a load of people saying what they think as if it's fact. Ron Paul has got it right.

Well I hope the Donald is committed to this now as by wiping out Assad's Airforce ISIS will now be holding parties across the Middle East. I do not believe Assad used chemical weapons, he had zero to gain. Others had plenty to gain.

I expect Putin may shortly release video's of the Donald being pissed on by hookers in a Moscow Hotel.

And you are supporting a hugely malevolent con-man.

And you're siding with Putin.

Maybe we should stop this petty 'guilt by association' and stick to presenting the facts as reported by eye witnesses, experts and world leaders, like this:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/world/middleeast/chemical-attack-syria.html

The statement was issued hours after Syria’s foreign minister challenged accounts by witnesses, experts and world leaders that his government had carried out the attack.

1 minute ago, attrayant said:

Maybe we should stop this petty 'guilt by association' and stick to presenting the facts as reported by eye witnesses, experts and world leaders, like this:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/world/middleeast/chemical-attack-syria.html

this link proves what?  we know it was sarin - who supplied it? why would Assad do it?   OPEN your mind

38 minutes ago, sujoop said:
1 hour ago, rockingrobin said:
1 hour ago, sujoop said:

Called it correctly yesterday (below):

------------
Assad has the upper hand now so did not need to risk a renewed backlash. So, who besides Assad has free range of air space in Syria? Trump's pal, comrade Putin (Russia also has monitor control over Syria's chemical weapons).  This despicable act comes as Russia-Gate was dominating and increasingly revealing complicit ties between Trump's Whitehouse & Russia. But now, suddenly Trump & Putin appear on opposite sides. (pure theatre)

The situation in Syria could now make for a mutually convenient, distracting, 'theatre' of faux confrontation between Russia and the Whitehouse. Trump could order a couple strategic air strikes on Syrian bases or chemical targets, with Russia threatening back but it's only theatre. Meanwhile all the steam behind Whitehouse/Russia-Gate evaporates ...
--------------

Doubters, one logical question: Since Russia defacto controls Shayrat Airbase and also monitors Syria's chemical weapons, how did the chemical attack happen in the first place if not under direction of Putin and for what purpose?

Next up, onto N Korea for even more wag-the-dog dangerous distractions.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, are you saying that Trump's administration is lying and the chemical attack did not originate from the defacto Russian controlled Shayrat air Base in Syria which Trump retaliated against? (it's all pure orchestrated theatre anyways, no need to add to it). Meanwhile, with all this blowing up out of seemingly nowhere, suddenly no one is talking about the former top topic about complicit Trump Whitehouse/Russia-Gate election gerry-mandering and financial ties,  plus this suddenly 'appears' to make Trump/Putin look like opponents  (thus, mission accomplished).

To 'wag the dog' means to purposely divert attention from what would otherwise be of greater importance.

Still, news cycles  require that more distractions will be needed soon. Next up, N Korea.

15 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

this link proves what?  we know it was sarin - who supplied it? why would Assad do it?   OPEN your mind

Because he can. Because he's done it before and got away with it. Because he's consistently taken a ruthless line with all opposition to him. He's had sarin before that was supposedly decommissioned but was probably just a sham that should have been dealt with by the US and the Russians at the time.

11 minutes ago, attrayant said:

So I am calling Trump for what he is and suddenly that makes me 'siding with Putin'. It is a remark that not even a prepubescent schoolboy would make. Ignorant in the extreme. Suddenly now bombs have gone off you expect the "you are either with us or against us " mentality. So launching 59 cruise missiles is suddenly supposed to give absolution to Trump for his abominable behaviour so far? It makes me gag.

Yes how about you stick to 'presenting the facts', but before you do that you have to find them out. The facts are there was an air raid and that subsequently gas was dispersed. The gas was NOT Sarin, lets get that straight. The attack is completely inline with accounts that a rebel ammo dump was being attacked. It seems the ammo dump contained CHLORINE gas. The Mig 22 in the Syrian AirForce are not capable of delivering chemical weapons. 

So now you are believing Turkish Intelligence over others?? The intel on the attack is not from US or UK intel it is from Turkey, you know that country whose President is currently trying to instil anarchy in Europe and wants large swathes of Syria to suit his own purposes (that's the man whose son was transporting billions of dollars of Syrian Oil out of Syria).

The ineptitude of world leaders and the corresponding inability of some people on here to engage their brain in free, rational thinking has me worrying for the future of the human race.

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Now Trump risks angering his bosom buddy, Putin.  Interesting times we live in.

I made a prediction on here months ago that the so called friendly interaction they had wouldn't last long, I think Trump is now starting to realise the order of things on the world stage, his next test will be the Ukraine and then China.

I honestly believe there are powerful elements that are steering the world toward full on WW3 

Just now, F4UCorsair said:

At last....a leader with BALLS!!!

That's fine said from 8000 miles away on your sofa. More like a leader with no brain. Regardless of the carnage this will lead to you will simply see it as a news item on a 2 dimensional TV set that you turn on and off at will as you go to fetch more beer and popcorn out of the fridge. How easy war is under such conditions.

2 hours ago, oz457 said:

Will this ignite WW3? I'm worried about the Russian answer to this strike if any of the Russian Military are hurt.

This does not look very good.

Doubtful it will expand.  Russians aren't stupid.  They got badly bloodied in WWI and WWII, and the last thing they want is WWIII.     I can't say the same about Trumpsters in the WH.  Lots of chatter now about outbursts between Bannon and Kushner.  It can only end badly, because they're both inexperienced and flawed as statesmen.

Neither Trump nor Kushner could get a security clearance to enter the WH grounds, if it weren't for the fact that Trump is prez.   Similar for Ivanka.  She's on record for meeting with an Azerbani mafia family to further biz deals which are tied to Iran's Secret Service.  I only mention that, because the WH is compromised. No one in the WH can be trusted to put America's interests ahead of Russia's.   Trump is on record as saying Putin is a better leader than Obama.   Trump might as well wear a Russian officer's uniform with all the baubles and sashes.

2 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Doubtful it will expand.  Russians aren't stupid.  They got badly bloodied in WWI and WWII, and the last thing they want is WWIII.     I can't say the same about Trumpsters in the WH.  Lots of chatter now about outbursts between Bannon and Kushner.  It can only end badly, because they're both inexperienced and flawed as statesmen.

Neither Trump nor Kushner could get a security clearance to enter the WH grounds, if it weren't for the fact that Trump is prez.   Similar for Ivanka.  She's on record for meeting with an Azerbani mafia family to further biz deals which are tied to Iran's Secret Service.  I only mention that, because the WH is compromised. No one in the WH can be trusted to put America's interests ahead of Russia's.   Trump is on record as saying Putin is a better leader than Obama.   Trump might as well wear a Russian officer's uniform with all the baubles and sashes.

ANYBODY Is a better leader than Obama!!

This action Is all that Assad understands.  Diplomacy gets nowhere with the likes of him.

2 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

But some answers are easier than others. The easiest, and the best for everybody in Syria, is to let Assad keep a lid on the sectarian conflict. The only other option is partition of this artificial country, which ISIS have already attempted.

Assad started this mess. Syria will be better off without him. The opposition won't allow him to start. 

39 minutes ago, smedly said:

I made a prediction on here months ago that the so called friendly interaction they had wouldn't last long, I think Trump is now starting to realise the order of things on the world stage, his next test will be the Ukraine and then China.

I honestly believe there are powerful elements that are steering the world toward full on WW3 

I think you need to add both North Korea & Iraq to this! All in the name of peace - off course!