New PCX 150 - Prices gone crazy?

Marvo

The Mrs has been to Honda in Hua Hin and Cha-Am, both of whom are NOT selling for cash - Only deposit + finance. 
Price table on Honda website quotes 80,000 / 85,000 Baht.

Honda Cha-Am are quoting 3 months delivery, 98,000 Baht drive-away price, finance only.

Hua Hin dealer also quoting 3 months, finance only, and cannot tell her the price!

Anyone got the inside scoop?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2017 at 2:18 PM, canthai55 said:

Call to BKK. You are not far from there. Get best price, go, pay, return home. Or have them ship it.

I bought my Honda Forza 300 from Brian at the Nonthaburi Honda dealers, two years ago, and got it shipped to my home in Phichit Province.

I paid cash for it, and the afterservice is excellent, if I want to know anything or get any advice about the bike, insurance etc, I just phone 

Brian, or email the showroom, and it always gets answered. Highly recommended.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Im trying to find out details on the Aerox now, can you tell me the advantages that you find.

It feels much better, much more feedback from the bike, PCX is a vague floater, the Aerox brakes are so much better than the linked crap on the PCX, with the extra power it can keep in front of most of the traffic. Far Far better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

It feels much better, much more feedback from the bike, PCX is a vague floater, the Aerox brakes are so much better than the linked crap on the PCX, with the extra power it can keep in front of most of the traffic. Far Far better.

Ok I know this goes a little off this topic but would you do 1 extended ride on the bike say over 2 or 3 days( I will be moving to Lam Plai Mat later this year and would like to buy local to not only help out the locals but to keep in good with local dealers) I will use the bike locally for maybe 10 days to source a place to live and then ride it back to Chiang Mai before shipping it back with the rest of our stuff once all is done here(it wont cost extra as its a all in moving cost), so do you or any others do extended trips on scooters. Once settled I will be getting either a Forza or maybe another make for extended travel.

13 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Ok I know this goes a little off this topic but would you do 1 extended ride on the bike say over 2 or 3 days( I will be moving to Lam Plai Mat later this year and would like to buy local to not only help out the locals but to keep in good with local dealers) I will use the bike locally for maybe 10 days to source a place to live and then ride it back to Chiang Mai before shipping it back with the rest of our stuff once all is done here(it wont cost extra as its a all in moving cost), so do you or any others do extended trips on scooters. Once settled I will be getting either a Forza or maybe another make for extended travel.

I have had plenty of extended trips on scooter myself.

I drove back and forth from Phetchaburi to Mae Hong Son (practically nonstop, ±1000 km each way) + visited most of Isaan the previous year which amounted in another 2300kms in 3-4 days.

I ran it on a Honda Wave, but it would be feasible on any bike as long as its in good condition and you don't wring the throttle 100% the whole way. I would suggest getting oil changed/maintenance first of course.

about the trips, locals strongly against it, "bike would run too hot" and blabla

It seems they are scared of running a motorbike more than like 20kms for some odd reasons

I went to Myanmar border in Kanchanaburi for visa runs from Cha-am which is a 8 hours or so deal a few times..

local taxi guy asked me where i would sleep.. I said "what? I'll be back here the same day!" to which he replied "Impossible."

next day at 1pm I am sitting on the beach.. he comes around and asks why I didn't go to Myanmar. I told him "I already went and was back 30 minutes ago"

• Like 2

The Mrs has been to Honda in Hua Hin and Cha-Am, both of whom are NOT selling for cash - Only deposit + finance. 
Price table on Honda website quotes 80,000 / 85,000 Baht.

Honda Cha-Am are quoting 3 months delivery, 98,000 Baht drive-away price, finance only.

Hua Hin dealer also quoting 3 months, finance only, and cannot tell her the price!

Anyone got the inside scoop?

Have your wife go to Yamaha and look at NMax? 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2017 at 2:51 PM, BKKBike09 said:

I just happened to ask price of PCX today at a Honda dealer in Phrakhanong. THB 96,000 for the standard one and THB 102,000 for one that's been dipped in orange coloured accessories.

If you know the exact model, color, you want send an email to Honda Thailand and tell them you cannot get a bike because

the dealers are not cooperating. The list prices are public, so tell them your ready to buy and where should you pickup your

bike in your area. Let them deal with dealer and they will bypass all the BS. I had to do this 2 years ago!

On 4/8/2017 at 6:52 PM, NormanW said:

74k for the new Yamaha Aero X has put the pcx to bed (in my opinion). Finally a top scooter from Yamaha!!!

Amazing package with the big wheels /abs combo   ,i woulda bought one but when i sat down on it it was a bit too  cramped 

im  only  6"  but id have to sit on the back seat to ride it, probably il get an NMAX when my nouvo sx needs replacing 

On 6/19/2017 at 2:33 PM, tomwct said:

If you know the exact model, color, you want send an email to Honda Thailand and tell them you cannot get a bike because

the dealers are not cooperating. The list prices are public, so tell them your ready to buy and where should you pickup your

bike in your area. Let them deal with dealer and they will bypass all the BS. I had to do this 2 years ago!

nice to know theres a way to bypass the corrupt dealers if necessary 

but still a pity to have to go to such great lengths to get them

to take your money lol 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 2:02 PM, Billy Bloggs said:

Im trying to find out details on the Aerox now, can you tell me the advantages that you find.

A much better handling bike the braking system is superb and the quality built is excellent.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/20/2017 at 8:56 AM, speedtripler said:

Amazing package with the big wheels /abs combo   ,i woulda bought one but when i sat down on it it was a bit too  cramped 

im  only  6"  but id have to sit on the back seat to ride it, probably il get an NMAX when my nouvo sx needs replacing 

im cant help but laugh at comments like this... nothing looks more silly/stupid then some guy who thinks he is tall, needing to sit on the rear seat..

im 6'10 (208cm) my height is in my legs. if i can ride my 2016 honda click 125i comfortably sitting on the drivers seat, either alone or with my wife, THEN ANY GUY OUT THERE CAN SIT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT...

1 hour ago, Pine Sol said:

im cant help but laugh at comments like this... nothing looks more silly/stupid then some guy who thinks he is tall, needing to sit on the rear seat..

im 6'10 (208cm) my height is in my legs. if i can ride my 2016 honda click 125i comfortably sitting on the drivers seat, either alone or with my wife, THEN ANY GUY OUT THERE CAN SIT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT...

You sounds like a giraffe .... :smile:

• Like 1

I think Honda have realised the bike's appeal and whacked the price up, the Forza now seems to be the bike to buy, twice the bike, nowhere near twice the price. That will be Hondas next price-hike target..IMO. The Forza's new colours look nice too. Dave's wife packs the kitchen sink in theirs, she thinks its a pickup!!

They emptied the bike..filled the hotel room.....

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:27 AM, Pine Sol said:

THEN ANY GUY OUT THERE CAN SIT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT...

I'm also 6ft...and the problem was the damn hump they stuck on the seat...until I changed the seat I had to sit on top of it or behind it because it was too cramped/uncomfotable to sit in front of it

PCX150_General-Museum_-IMG_1881.jpg