PM orders probe into suspected fraud as 2,000 Japan-bound tourists stranded at airport

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, rmacee said:

A 3day trip to Japan in peak Songkran period for 15000/20000 bt ..are they having a laugh ...you bet they are ...

'If it is to good to be true ...etc'  kiss your money goodbye ..wonder if you could pay for the trip at 7/11??

Ticket alone will cost 15 to 20k plus plus

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Maybe he should instead have ordered a probe into what the police did with this case in the past two weeks since Cathay Pacific warned them that some kind of fraud was afoot with this specific company.

No no no. You cannot expect those (Police) who should have done something to be probed. To think the Police should and could have done better, is losing face. Should only be the "scamming company/persons" who should be probed. And the Minister of Tourism fiddles while (Rome burns?) not knowing what to do. Demotion maybe appropriate. 

Non critical thinking at its best again!

5 hours ago, Harrykrabi said:

Excellent story. Thais being cheated and scammed. Makes a change from the heartache and devastation they usually wreak on farangs. Absolutely love this karma.

live by whatever die by whatever.its been said con artists are the easiest to con............................

2 hours ago, bkk75 said:

It goes both ways.  Farangs who don't use their brains when making deals, marrying bar girls, etc results in similar disappointment.  Let's not Thai bash.

yes, lets change the story "2000 farangs stranded at airport". happy now?

1 hour ago, pattayadon said:

Whoa .... wait a sec!  A 3-day holiday trip 13th - 15th ?  Stranded at Suvarnabumi Tuesday night?  What am I missing here? Did they show up on the wrong day?  I think i'll just have another beer.

that's why they were stranded.  can't even read the ticket date properly :ph34r:

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"He urged Thais people not to be gullible.

“Thais believe too easily. Don’t trust anything before checking otherwise you will be cheated,” he said. 

So there is not going to be a election after all?

The magic tree will have to be consulted first

In the land of fake... fake holidays must beat the bunch so far.

I had a friend who went to Japan with a Thai tour group earlier this year in January, she expressly asked if they would see snow as she hadn't seen it before, the two city destinations were Tokyo & Osaka.

Yes was the answer snow is guaranteed,  
I told her to check the history of snowfall in Tokyo over the last 50 years as to my knowledge they have very little if any snowfall to speak of annually... she didn't check saying the tour guide said they would have plenty of the white stuff.

She went & guess what "no snow" even when this year it was falling with abundance all around.

I don't trust any Thai's when they're selling you something, check check & check again...

6 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The Prime Minister is the Jack of All Trades...and Master  etc, as he seems to be ordering probes into everything which surely ought to be the purview of his lower ranked colleagues. Top down...

That's what happens when a strongman, military type usurps the legitimate functions of the government and state - if not already in possession of megalomaniacal tendencies, as time passes he will increasingly surely display them.

3 hours ago, rmacee said:

A 3day trip to Japan in peak Songkran period for 15000/20000 bt ..are they having a laugh ...you bet they are ...

'If it is to good to be true ...etc'  kiss your money goodbye ..wonder if you could pay for the trip at 7/11??

You beat me to that. We're going in May and I can assure you it's a lot more than 15,000. Doesn't even cover one air fare.

Where were they going to sleep, the local park on a bench?

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

“Thais believe too easily. Don’t trust anything before checking otherwise you will be cheated,” he said. 

However, farang are fair game.

Only Happens to Thais. really !!! What about loans made by foreigners to indirect Family, only to be told 10 years later on. I've paid it back. Not to us to Nephews and Nieces who refuse to pass it on. Yes so many instances where the foreigners are not paid back, but they have their own very decent Thai Family to look after. DISGUSTING and only the one way
Oh our Family has been struggling, what with new Mercedes-Benz cars and we can't afford to pay it back. How about going to the Bank then!!!

Edited by jwest10

6 hours ago, bkk75 said:

It goes both ways.  Farangs who don't use their brains when making deals, marrying bar girls, etc results in similar disappointment.  Let's not Thai bash.

211 posts and you are telling people not to Thai bash...? 5555555  

I might bet this is a (Thai) Chinese company <Wealth Ever> they love poetic and/or cynical names for rip-off companies! Same as the one decades ago which went bust over the airport link to DonMueang: <HopeWell> from HK...and many others

10 hours ago, kannot said:

Only one person we can trust here....................the fortune  tellers, at least that way we  know its "definitely a  load of  crap" as opposed to "might be a  load of crap"

Funny thing is that this guy claims (is?) to be a fortune teller and it's the third time he has done this scam.