Thaksin’s daughter posts video of Songkran blessing

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

What kind of person deserts his family and hides out all over the world to avoid corruption charges?

It's nice to see that he still has a connection with his children though.

A very very rich one. One that can buy other nationalities, travel in private jets, and make donations as required to ensure a vip pleasurable lifestyle whilst plotting how to make that conviction and all the very serious other charges disappear so he can get back and take charge of the trough again.

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Any sane person that is being persecuted by a powerful organisation I should think.

Any intelligent criminal who now finds himself "outside" the organization thanks to his own greed in trying to make it a one family enterprise.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

A very very rich one. One that can buy other nationalities, travel in private jets, and make donations as required to ensure a vip pleasurable lifestyle whilst plotting how to make that conviction and all the very serious other charges disappear so he can get back and take charge of the trough again.

Yes, and in he meantime invest his dirty money in about the dirtiest business in the world that on a scale of 1 to 100 would score less than one for human rights - blood diamonds. 

20 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

What kind of person deserts his family and hides out all over the world to avoid corruption charges?

It's nice to see that he still has a connection with his children though.

Those who have brains, as around here there are too many stupid people who believe everything fed to them via a bunch of crooks who run the place. Lies just steam from people mouths here today and what is funny is there are less educated people who actually believe the crap fed to them. Living here 15 years ago was a pleasure today it's a nightmare. Let the man be and stop believing the daily bullsh>>

At some level I suppose you must feel some shame at dribbling on in this vein year after year - never making an original point, never making any converts, never pausing to consider the current catastrophic state of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, jayboy said:

At some level I suppose you must feel some shame at dribbling on in this vein year after year - never making an original point, never making any converts, never pausing to consider the current catastrophic state of the country.

He's not dribbling, he's stating fact.  

46 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I think we all understand Thaksin is not exactly St Francis of Assisi.Equally I think we all understand that there are some obsessives who think of nothing else but Thaksin.The threatened elites and their compliant Sino Thai middle class followers may have their own understandable if dishonourable agenda.What is weird that some foreigners seem keen to get on the Thaksin hate fest.It's not as though the country isn't facing problems far more threatening than Thaksin.

23 hours ago, jayboy said:

Unfortunately new incarnations of Shin fan boys who simply want to pretend that he really never ever did anything wrong, never ever in his life keep sprouting up. Like you, hoping no one will bother correcting their twisted version of reality.

I thought your comment on the state of the country somewhat hyperbolic - then I remembered your usual over statement when you've nothing really to say.

Perhaps you think the country would be in wonderful shape were the Shins still running their rice scheme and had got their hands on that 2.2 trillion baht loan. All off budget and with no accounting of course. Just trust them.

But you'll keep prattling on, as those who like their own voice or written word so often do. With the condescending style associated with a former school master whose pupils have all out grown him and realized his thoughts to be superficial and somewhat less than balanced. Face it, the Shins are about as dead politically as they can be.

22 hours ago, jayboy said:

I think we all understand Thaksin is not exactly St Francis of Assisi.Equally I think we all understand that there are some obsessives who think of nothing else but Thaksin.The threatened elites and their compliant Sino Thai middle class followers may have their own understandable if dishonourable agenda.What is weird that some foreigners seem keen to get on the Thaksin hate fest.It's not as though the country isn't facing problems far more threatening than Thaksin.

And some foreigners like to pretend to have an understanding of Thailand when they don't. And funnily enough don't see anything wrong with a convicted crook running a country through proxies by owning a political party.

Thaksin has been more divisive over this century, so far, and all in one interest - his own.

I see you still like to use the "we" when speaking on behalf of everyone else. Who appointed you spokesman? Oh yes, you did.

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Facts don't come into it Scorecard. He ignores those by always trying to widen the discussion to the "big picture" in the hope detail will be lost.

Of course, he'll often start with the famous "I'm not a Thaksin fan but........" or similar wording. 

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Facts don't come into it Scorecard. He ignores those by always trying to widen the discussion to the "big picture" in the hope detail will be lost.

Of course, he'll often start with the famous "I'm not a Thaksin fan but........" or similar wording. 

Yes he always states that.. I guess the saying.. actions speak louder than words applies to him.

29 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Face it, the Shins are about as dead politically as they can be.

Well, someone should tell Prayuth and the rest of the junta that because they sure don't talk and act like that's true.

But you probably know better.

Inadvertently you may have touched on why people like you are in error.The big picture does matter.You obsess endlessly about Thaksin but seem unable to place him in context.I have used the metaphor before of a slug crawling across a mosaic.And I believe it is apposite.

Of course your only response is to accuse anyone dissenting from your unpleasant authoritarianism as being a Shin fan boy.Actually what you and I think is beside the point.

And some foreigners like to pretend to have an understanding of Thailand when they don't. And funnily enough don't see anything wrong with a convicted crook running a country through proxies by owning a political party.

Thaksin has been more divisive over this century, so far, and all in one interest - his own.

I see you still like to use the "we" when speaking on behalf of everyone else. Who appointed you spokesman? Oh yes, you did.

Do you not see how fatuous your first sentence is? Your school yard taunt about "knowing about" Thailand is bar room talk.As the New York Times recently pointed out much of the discussion about Thaksin is semi hysterical and you are providing plenty of examples of that silliness.

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 7:19 AM, daveAustin said:

Any sane person that is being persecuted by a powerful organisation I should think.

Persecuted, why would you ever think a fugitive from justice found guilty of a crime with other charges outstanding was being persecuted? 

Persecuted, why would you ever think a fugitive from justice found guilty of a crime with other charges outstanding was being persecuted? 

Because we know from Wikileaks and elsewhere that those powerful unelected elites unhappy with Thaksin's popular support were desperately casting around for a "crime" to pin on him.Even now they look for any way to destroy him and his influence.None of this means he wasn't guilty of offences but by any reasonable definition it's certainly persecution.

4 hours ago, jayboy said:

Because we know from Wikileaks and elsewhere that those powerful unelected elites unhappy with Thaksin's popular support were desperately casting around for a "crime" to pin on him.Even now they look for any way to destroy him and his influence.None of this means he wasn't guilty of offences but by any reasonable definition it's certainly persecution.

I am unhappy with you too, but would not do a thing however if you were to steal from me or assault me I would take action. 

Would you consider that persecution.. or maybe your misdeeds demanded action.  

Its easy to call everything persecution.. and not to acknowledge that certain crimes need to be punished and warrant action. Persecution is when crimes are fabricated.

I will explain it with an easy example so that even you can follow it. 

I beat you up and claim you started it while your innocent... persecution

I frame you for stealing something even though you have not done it... persecution

You steal and I catch you.... following the law justice

You beat me up and the law sends you to jail.... following the law

See the difference.. persecution is when your charged with crimes you did not commit.. 

Did Thaksin bribe judges with a cake box...  should bribing be forgiven ?    persecution or justice... 

Wanna bet your going to dance around and come with big picture and other things making sure you don't have to answer if the cake box bribing should be punished. 

I am unhappy with you too, but would not do a thing however if you were to steal from me or assault me I would take action. 

Would you consider that persecution.. or maybe your misdeeds demanded action.  

Its easy to call everything persecution.. and not to acknowledge that certain crimes need to be punished and warrant action. Persecution is when crimes are fabricated.

I will explain it with an easy example so that even you can follow it. 

I beat you up and claim you started it while your innocent... persecution
I frame you for stealing something even though you have not done it... persecution
You steal and I catch you.... following the law justice
You beat me up and the law sends you to jail.... following the law

See the difference.. persecution is when your charged with crimes you did not commit.. 

Did Thaksin bribe judges with a cake box...  should bribing be forgiven ?    persecution or justice... 

Wanna bet your going to dance around and come with big picture and other things making sure you don't have to answer if the cake box bribing should be punished. 

I'm very sorry but I don't understand the point you are trying to make.I have never argued that Thaksin was not corrupt nor guilty of certain offences.I did argue that vested interests were angry Thaksin had revolutionised Thai politics to their detriment, and were determined to bring him down by any means possible.

3 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I'm very sorry but I don't understand the point you are trying to make.I have never argued that Thaksin was not corrupt nor guilty of certain offences.I did argue that vested interests were angry Thaksin had revolutionised Thai politics to their detriment, and were determined to bring him down by any means possible.

You just don't want to understand and keep calling it political.. suits your goals better.

That people wanted to bring him down is something I also don't dispute. I dispute that the charges were political. I say they were real and that he is a criminal and was removed because of it.  As i stated political is when charges are made up to bring someone down.. not when someone breaks the law and gets taken down because of it. (even if they were looking for a reason to bring him down)

The cakebox incident is a good example of a non political charge and there are many others.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

You just don't want to understand and keep calling it political.. suits your goals better.

That people wanted to bring him down is something I also don't dispute. I dispute that the charges were political. I say they were real and that he is a criminal and was removed because of it.  As i stated political is when charges are made up to bring someone down.. not when someone breaks the law and gets taken down because of it. (even if they were looking for a reason to bring him down)

The cakebox incident is a good example of a non political charge and there are many others.

I politely expressed incomprehension at your infantile analysis and the absurd suggestion that the vendetta against Thaksin was motivated by outrage at his corruption and criminality.You should continue your discussion at a lower level where analysis and knowledge are less important than authoritarian claptrap.For those who are able to exercise intellectual discrimination and judgement, The Economist sums the matter up well.

For all Mr Thaksin’s flaws, he recognised the plight of the less well-off and shaped a politics that appealed to them. His first government introduced free health care and increased subsidies to rice farmers. That, in 2005, helped him become the first elected Thai prime minister to complete a term in office. Yet the business and political establishment pushed back. Bangkok bigwigs, hardly clean themselves, complained about corruption and cronyism. They accused Mr Thaksin of pouring cash into crowd-pleasing schemes to tighten his grip on power. They warned that rural giveaways would bust the budget. But, above all, they worried that he appeared to be setting up a network of patronage and economic power to rival their own. Their royal-sanctioned network was—and remains—huge, and ill-understood. Yet it is the chief obstacle to the modernisation that Thailand needs for long-term stability.

8 hours ago, jayboy said:

I politely expressed incomprehension at your infantile analysis and the absurd suggestion that the vendetta against Thaksin was motivated by outrage at his corruption and criminality.You should continue your discussion at a lower level where analysis and knowledge are less important than authoritarian claptrap.For those who are able to exercise intellectual discrimination and judgement, The Economist sums the matter up well.

For all Mr Thaksin’s flaws, he recognised the plight of the less well-off and shaped a politics that appealed to them. His first government introduced free health care and increased subsidies to rice farmers. That, in 2005, helped him become the first elected Thai prime minister to complete a term in office. Yet the business and political establishment pushed back. Bangkok bigwigs, hardly clean themselves, complained about corruption and cronyism. They accused Mr Thaksin of pouring cash into crowd-pleasing schemes to tighten his grip on power. They warned that rural giveaways would bust the budget. But, above all, they worried that he appeared to be setting up a network of patronage and economic power to rival their own. Their royal-sanctioned network was—and remains—huge, and ill-understood. Yet it is the chief obstacle to the modernisation that Thailand needs for long-term stability.

Oh dear because you don't want to understand you call it infantile.. you know how they call that when you can't win it with arguments and attack a poster... 

They wanted him gone.. and by doing these crimes there was an opportunity by doing so without making it political. No need to make up anything no need to he did it to himself he handed himself on a silver platter by his crimes and abuse of power. Had he be honest and not being corrupt in it for himself and feeding the scraps to the poor he might have been a good PM.  However he was a corrupt crook who even bribed judges, and that did him in. Nothing political about it just good luck on the side of those who wanted him gone. 

You just like calling it political.. but it was not.. no political setup at all..  Just a crook who lost his position because of his crimes. Unlike the likes of Anwar and others where fabricated charges were used or like the cooking show that removed Samak. That is political. But you will never admit the difference because it does not suit you..

Oh dear because you don't want to understand you call it infantile.. you know how they call that when you can't win it with arguments and attack a poster... 

They wanted him gone.. and by doing these crimes there was an opportunity by doing so without making it political. No need to make up anything no need to he did it to himself he handed himself on a silver platter by his crimes and abuse of power. Had he be honest and not being corrupt in it for himself and feeding the scraps to the poor he might have been a good PM.  However he was a corrupt crook who even bribed judges, and that did him in. Nothing political about it just good luck on the side of those who wanted him gone. 

You just like calling it political.. but it was not.. no political setup at all..  Just a crook who lost his position because of his crimes. Unlike the likes of Anwar and others where fabricated charges were used or like the cooking show that removed Samak. That is political. But you will never admit the difference because it does not suit you..

I think this post just about sums it up and knocks it right on the head!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You ignore the key point made in the Economist article and for that matter by every other serious commentator.Do some research.

You also concede my point in your reply when you say there was an opportunity to get rid of him "without making it political."If you are too dense to grasp the implications of that statement - so be it.

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

So she went to Dubai to see him? Her fugitiv father who can never come back to Thailand because he'll have to face the judges first.

More like no face to come back. And every day that passes, he slips further away into the forgotten - and that he doesn't like, hence the news beat-ups every so often. But let's face it nearly gone -  and the sooner the better.