Gays turning Pattaya park into midnight sex den

webfact

Gays turning Pattaya park into midnight sex den

7pm.jpg

Picture: Tnews

PATTAYA: -- Pictures have emerged on Facebook with claims that a picturesque South Pattaya park is being used by homosexuals as an outdoor knocking shop.

A Facebook post to "Thai News Online" showed pictures of dozens of used condoms and lubricant sachets scattered about the part on scenic Pratumnak Hill.

A comment said: "What a mess. This is Pratumnak Hill tourist area, Pattaya. It has become an outdoor sex location for gays at night".

The park lies between South Pattaya and Jomtien and is popular with afternoon walkers and joggers.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-24

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too many joggers and tourists around at midnight to get offended. Public parks; behind the bushes; have always been the place to go for some hanky panky the world over, for decades and decades. That someone should think it is newsworthy is the biggest surprise to me.

A few comments --

It's a Russian area. Could be a culture clash there.

Finding "dozens" of used condoms doesn't actually tell you just how widespread the activity is there if you don't know how often anyone bothers to clean up garbage there. If that's one week of it, that's lots. If that's years, not much.

Such public sex activity is obviously illegal. Goes without saying perhaps, but that applies to all.

For those that do choose to break that law, not picking up after yourself is just rude. Are there adequate rubbish bins in the park to accommodate the tidier park players?

Good news about this?

Well, there is the evidence that at least some people participating in the illegal public sex there are using safer sex practices. 

There doesn't seem to be anyone saying these activities are happening during daylight hours.

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I am not against some fun where the sun doesn't shine but clean up your mess afterwards. 

It's a good point and this complaint wouldn't even have come about except for the  litter. Lots of illegal things are not enforced here (and many nations) if nobody is getting hurt or complaining. Leaving such messes invites such complaints. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Sex-in-public is a big turn on. There should be more of this.

Well, for many, the extra danger charge of the possibility of being caught is arousing.

Ironically, if it was legal, it wouldn't be as exciting. 

Edited by Jingthing

I always like going up to the Hill on all my visits. The big Buddha of course was always pleasant.  The Chinese pavilion there was refreshing and very nice to leisurely walk around.  As for the "Den" stuff, well, the worse I ever saw, was years ago some of the girls down by Won Amat beach past Naklua.  This is when the walkway was still usable.  There were some scary looking propositions from among the trees