Van operators demand relaxing of rules

webfact

I am not so smart.what do you mean?

Just give it up, you can never win this discussion. Today, on The Motorway with traffic traveling at an average speed of about 100 to 110 I had a van run close up behind me flashing his lights. There was no space for me to get across, all of the cars boxing each other and the distance between them was perhaps half a second up to one second.

When you are driving, you should attempt to leave at two second gap between you and the car in front for basic safety reasons - however, this one managed to squeeze into these gaps leaving maybe 1 to 2 m between himself and the car in front and forcing the cause behind him to brake so that he did not clip their front ends.

It really is nothing to do with the speed. They are the same aggressive holes driving at 40 KpH. They know that they can get ahead of the traffic in this way, because they are willing to push it into accidents occur while the rest of those pussies are backing off and trying to stay alive.

None of this will be solved, they will just talk bullshit and they will never put real traffic police on the roads.

Sent from my nose.

3 hours ago, jvs said:

I am not so smart.what do you mean?

Hey i rarely see u-turns on highways.so on highways the left lanes for trucks, busses, vans.In case of an u-turn they can take temporarily  the right lane of course starting from 700 meters till the U-turn.

13 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hey i rarely see u-turns on highways.so on highways the left lanes for trucks, busses, vans.In case of an u-turn they can take temporarily  the right lane of course starting from 700 meters till the U-turn.

You'll specify 700 metres - will you mark that on the road or leave it up to judgement? There are already a great number of rules which could be enforced - simple road safety and none of these stupid speed/lane limits.

15 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

You'll specify 700 metres - will you mark that on the road or leave it up to judgement? There are already a great number of rules which could be enforced - simple road safety and none of these stupid speed/lane limits.

Soon as the bus truck van driver sees the u turn sign only than they may briefly swop lanes.First sign be put up 750 meters away of the u turn!

we really do not need overtaking trucks busses anymore ,anyway with their speed limit of 90 km their only place is the left lane!

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Apart from the 120kph limit on "motorways".

How is a motorway defined?  Is it any divided highway, just toll roads, or what?

There are large signs on these roads which says 120 km.

It's some time ago (more of years) that I used the motorway but there also were, that time anyway, signs that one was entering a motorway.

And yes, there are tolbooths.

Also the BKK Expresway is not a motorway and uses the same speed restrictions as all other roads.

I demand relaxing of the laws regarding working of foreigners in Thailand!
Please 50 foreigners meet tomorrow 9am in front of the Ministry of Labour.
After 11 I'll buy everyone a beer [emoji41] [emoji13]