Junta to outline its accomplishments at press session marking third anniversary of coup

snoop1130

Junta to outline its accomplishments at press session marking third anniversary of coup 

By Wasamon Audjarint

The Nation

2fc6c0bf6da2bdfb000c754d2d4642d1.jpeg

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) plans to hold a major press session on its performance since it seized power from an elected government, marking its third anniversary on May 22.

While the format of the session will be finalised later by Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, he yesterday hinted that his junta would position itself as a “political neutraliser”, as always, amid various parties and figures.

“I don’t have conflict with anyone. I won’t be involved with the election and those [political] things,” Prayut said at his weekly news briefing. “And I haven’t allowed their political movements yet."

Prayut referred to the enforcement of NCPO Order No 7/2014, which banned political gatherings of more than five people after the coup three years ago. The junta has prohibited not only political assemblies but also parties and groups from holding formal meetings.

While the political parties’ functions have been almost in hiatus, the ruling junta claims it has attempted to push for political reconciliation, asking political blocs for administrative opinions, which would subsequently be made into “an agreement of truth” to be accepted by all sides.

Government Spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said that during the press session the NCPO would narrate its supporting role though video-clip presentations.

Meanwhile, Assistant Government Spokeswoman Colonel Taksada Sangkachan said Prayut initiated the government’s new public relations approach in a bid to improve public understanding of the regime.

The prime minister and his deputies will be in charge of policy explanations, Taksada said.

There will also be spokespersons for each working group on security, the economy, social issues, law, foreign affairs, and PR in general.

Ministers and ministerial spokespersons are also counted as having key roles in the military-led regime, with each ministry expected to issue a weekly press release, she added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314743

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-9

32 minutes ago, candide said:

Beach chairs, lottery ticket prices, weather forecast, ridiculous songs, gym lessons, beautifull lotus pots......

And the much beloved Friday address to the nation on all TV channels at prime time.

My family can't wait to see it.

Corruption? Hmm! We are still working on that.

Elections? Hmm! We are still working on that.

Freedom of the press? Hmm! We are still working on stopping that.

Bringing the Red Bull heir to justice. Hmm! He ran away, but we are working hard on that.

The missing plaque? Hmm! What plaque? Oh, that one, Yeah, Hmm! We working on that.

Road Fatalities? Hmm! We are working on that too.

So what have you done? Hmm! We bought a submarine! :smile:

7 hours ago, candide said:

Beach chairs, lottery ticket prices, weather forecast, ridiculous songs, gym lessons, beautifull lotus pots......

And they removed that old plaque and dedicated a nice new one to themselves.

something many people havent noticed but in and around my area and i suspect all of Thailand they have installed new early morning propaganda speakers which blurt out for 2  hours starting 6 am..........of course only the program they want you to hear..............I hear nothing, the cables got damaged:thumbsup:

The only positive thing the Junta accomplished that I have noticed is that the road from Bangkok to HatYai has been resurfaced, just wonder who got the contracts for these repair jobs and how long it will take before the road fall apart again.

On the plus side, my local hospital has two new buildings,one completed & one still under-construction, they wound-up the failed rice-scheme, and they finally started work on the overflow-terminal at Swampy.

On the negative side, the election promised (following the coup) for-the-end-of-2015 has failed to materialise, the contract signed to buy a first submarine over several years, and the failure to make a start on Swampy's third-runway.

Although I'm pleased that a few more people have been done for corruption, I'm still under-whelmed overall with their performance, I'd award them no more than 5 out of 10.  Time to hand the responsibility on to someone else, chaps ! :wink:

"Peace and Order" is what they achieved and have maintained. Good for them, as an imminent civil war was avoided and it put a stop to the almost daily killings by the thug redshirts. But submarines ? why do we want these wasters of money that could well be used for more needed projects ?

You can say all you want about the Junta and the coup. but I was here back when "someone" fired a M-79 round into a group of people and killed a 3 year old boy and a daughter of a woman cooking food for the group.

The children were playing while there mother was cooking.

Whoever fired that M-79 round into two children playing will never be forgiven

No justification possible for killing innocent children playing.

I don't care about the politics, nothing justifies killing children.

5 hours ago, Ricardo said:

On the plus side, my local hospital has two new buildings,one completed & one still under-construction, they wound-up the failed rice-scheme, and they finally started work on the overflow-terminal at Swampy.

On the negative side, the election promised (following the coup) for-the-end-of-2015 has failed to materialise, the contract signed to buy a first submarine over several years, and the failure to make a start on Swampy's third-runway.

Although I'm pleased that a few more people have been done for corruption, I'm still under-whelmed overall with their performance, I'd award them no more than 5 out of 10.  Time to hand the responsibility on to someone else, chaps ! :wink:

did u  miss the "." out there? 0.5?

1 hour ago, yardrunner said:

It will be very embarrassing when the press release is a single blank sheet of paper

could  all be  written on the  edge and  still  have spare  room

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

"Peace and Order" is what they achieved and have maintained. Good for them, as an imminent civil war was avoided and it put a stop to the almost daily killings by the thug redshirts. But submarines ? why do we want these wasters of money that could well be used for more needed projects ?

Peace and Order=Fear

3 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

You can say all you want about the Junta and the coup. but I was here back when "someone" fired a M-79 round into a group of people and killed a 3 year old boy and a daughter of a woman cooking food for the group.

The children were playing while there mother was cooking.

Whoever fired that M-79 round into two children playing will never be forgiven

No justification possible for killing innocent children playing.

Unless, of course, you are a professional soldier (like most of the current leadership). Or did you somehow miss the Thammasat Massacre?

7 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

There was no danger of a civil war no matter how many times that flapdoodle is repeated.

You might want to head down south and tell them about their newly found peace and order. I'm sure they could do with a little comic relief. 

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Unless, of course, you are a professional soldier (like most of the current leadership). Or did you somehow miss the Thammasat Massacre?

There is nothing professional about them in that regard....