Altercation on the MRT as Thai man tells foreign tourist to “go back your <deleted> country”

Altercation on the MRT as Thai man tells foreign tourist to “go back your <deleted> country”

Untitled.png

Video footage captures the moment a Thai man tells a foreign tourist to "go back your <deleted> country" during an argument in a busy MRT carriage in Bangkok.

The incident is said to have taken place on Friday afternoon and was shared by Twitter user luckyphilbkk.

During the 2 minute 43 second clip, the a Thai man can be seen confronting the tourist, who is believed to be Chinese.

The Thai man asks him “what the hell do you want?” before telling him to “go back your <deleted> country” and shouting “away, away” while waving his hand in a dismissive manner.

The tourist can then be heard saying “let’s go to the police station” before the Thai guy replies "you wanna fight?"

The argument then continues as others try to restrain the Thai man.

The Thai men can later be heard saying “I want to fight you”.

It is not known the reason for the argument or why the Thai man challenged the tourist to a fight.

The clip ends without a single punch being thrown.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-20

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Thai guy overreacted ....  the chinese guy probably looked at him a few times and the thai guy took it the wrong way and therefore got upset.

A bit of a jerk if you ask me .....  he was showing off in front of other thais ...

I am sure the chinese guy meant no harm ... and will probably be glad to see arse end of Thailand.

I'm surprised this happened with nearly empty carriage. I've came across some losers who make hell of a noise when the carriage is full and more people trying to squeeze in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

While the Thai passengers sit there and watch or film the argument with their smart-phones, one Thai gentleman has the "balls" or community spirit to stand between the Chinese man and the crazy Thai lady-boy to keep both from fighting. This is the kind of Thais we need more of...calm and caring--not just sitting and laughing.  Praise goes out to the Thai man (with the black backpack) to care.

8 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

By the way, with the economy is going down and a lot of middle and lower end thais getting unemployed

I guess you failed to read recent news, there is near to no unemployment here according to whichever delusional agency claimed that :P

45 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

All foreigners please help to disseminate this to all foreign media, your friends and relations back home and also share on your facebook, twitter accts etc. Could be used in another TAT CAmpaign! lol! By the way, with the economy is going down and a lot of middle and lower end thais getting unemployed or losing their means of livehood etc...they are turning crazy and mentally disturbed and take it out on foreigners in a multitude of ways. So be careful. Thailand is beyond salvation. Move and let the locals drown.

You have no idea what the fight was over yet this clip is proof positive that the Thai economy is failing and they are all mentally disturbed ? The guy picking the fight doesn't even look Thai. Doesnt sound like a Thai person speaking english.

notthai.JPG

nt.JPG

Edited by Peterw42

Now when the Chinese had put him to sleep for a while, and no pack ready to save face....the Chinese couple would probably fined for improper behavior. or worse.

Local stereo type loser with a big mouth!

There is a huge cultural dissonance between the Thais and the Chinese.   I've ridden on the BTS numerous times when Chinese tourists have gotten on and been very pushy.   On more than one occasion a small group very deliberately pushed people and bumped them with suitcases.   They were often loud, blocked the door, and made it very difficult for people to exit or enter.   In most of these cases, it was unnecessary.  

Public courtesy is the exception rather than the rule with the Chinese.    

It's difficult to believe they are on the same continent.   

59 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

I guess you failed to read recent news, there is near to no unemployment here according to whichever delusional agency claimed that :P

You are talking out of your buttocks on this subject. Thailand  has a full employment economy to the extent that millions of people from  Cambodia and Myanmar must be allowed in to Thailand to do unskilled labor.

Thailand has an under employment and inefficient use of labor characteristic, but this is very different from unemployment. You forget that a  major part of the economy is given over to agriculture. The hospitality sector is hobbled because of a lack of workers.The manufacturing sector is in a precarious state because the number of males in the age 21 to 35 age segment  has not kept pace with manpower needs. Obviously you are unaware that  birth rates have decreased over the past 25 years, while  mortality due to "accident" and disease has hit this age group hard.

I've been told the same , also in HK , I've also had motor bikes deliberately aimed at me while out walking, so that I have to get out of their way , on each occasion the bike rider was a female, spread over thirty five years , the equation amounts to zilch , but ugliness is out there....................................:coffee1:.

Edited by chainarong

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

All foreigners please help to disseminate this to all foreign media, your friends and relations back home and also share on your facebook, twitter accts etc. Could be used in another TAT CAmpaign! lol! By the way, with the economy is going down and a lot of middle and lower end thais getting unemployed or losing their means of livehood etc...they are turning crazy and mentally disturbed and take it out on foreigners in a multitude of ways. So be careful. Thailand is beyond salvation. Move and let the locals drown.

what are you smoking ....  

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

You have no idea what the fight was over yet this clip is proof positive that the Thai economy is failing and they are all mentally disturbed ? The guy picking the fight doesn't even look Thai. Doesnt sound like a Thai person speaking english.

notthai.JPG

nt.JPG

" The guy picking the fight doesn't even look Thai. "

huh ?:blink:What on earth are you talking about? When he sits down briefly he talks in Thai to the other passengers.

How does someone need to look to qualify as being Thai in your eyes?

Well we do not know the true story...but one thing I am sure is most chinese from PRC are uncouth, arrogant and aggressive..a reflection of the rise of China.....have met many of them at airport immi....restaurant..shopping centre..etc etc. not only in Thailand but many other countries....:sick: 

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It is not known the reason for the argument or why the Thai man challenged the tourist to a fight.

The Thai guy was on his way home from a prawn buffet and was not in a good mood.

9 minutes ago, chuang said:

Well we do not know the true story...but one thing I am sure is most chinese from PRC are uncouth, arrogant and aggressive..a reflection of the rise of China.....have met many of them at airport immi....restaurant..shopping centre..etc etc. not only in Thailand but many other countries....:sick: 

good grief talk about condemning people. They look like a decent and innocent couple and the aggressor refers to Hong Kong. Are you saying people from Hong Kong are uncouth arrogant and aggressive?

Edited by midas

1 hour ago, Credo said:

There is a huge cultural dissonance between the Thais and the Chinese.   I've ridden on the BTS numerous times when Chinese tourists have gotten on and been very pushy.   On more than one occasion a small group very deliberately pushed people and bumped them with suitcases.   They were often loud, blocked the door, and made it very difficult for people to exit or enter.   In most of these cases, it was unnecessary.  

Public courtesy is the exception rather than the rule with the Chinese.    

It's difficult to believe they are on the same continent.   

Was on the bts yesterday and the loud mouths were the Chinese tourists....fortunately, they decided to moved to another crowded carriage, for whatever reason escapes me. And I thought Thais were loud:)

39 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

You are talking out of your buttocks on this subject. Thailand  has a full employment economy to the extent that millions of people from  Cambodia and Myanmar must be allowed in to Thailand to do unskilled labor.

Thailand has an under employment and inefficient use of labor characteristic, but this is very different from unemployment. You forget that a  major part of the economy is given over to agriculture. The hospitality sector is hobbled because of a lack of workers.The manufacturing sector is in a precarious state because the number of males in the age 21 to 35 age segment  has not kept pace with manpower needs. Obviously you are unaware that  birth rates have decreased over the past 25 years, while  mortality due to "accident" and disease has hit this age group hard.

I live in rural Thailand and can assure everyone that I cannot find any labour for 500 baht per day plus free beers at 6pm. And there are no layabouts that I have seen.

I have been offered some Cambodian labour after all the house and business projects are finished. (ie when it really starts to rain)

Thailand is not going down the drain. At least not in the rural areas. Thriving is how I see it.

Meanwhile my wife and I must try to finish the new duck yard fence and coop on our own. sigh 

5 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

I live in rural Thailand and can assure everyone that I cannot find any labour for 500 baht per day plus free beers at 6pm. And there are no layabouts that I have seen.

I have been offered some Cambodian labour after all the house and business projects are finished. (ie when it really starts to rain)

Thailand is not going down the drain. At least not in the rural areas. Thriving is how I see it.

Meanwhile my wife and I must try to finish the new duck yard fence and coop on our own. sigh 

You are doing something wrong.

I have gardeners, a cleaner and sometimes people to cut the fruit trees... and 500 baht is the normal price.  No problem finding people to do some work.

But, there are also some layabouts in the village.. but mostly due to being alcoholics.

But I don't think Thailand is going down the drain at all... its doing very well.

Meanwhile 4 people are busy in the garden cutting grass and weeding... at 500 baht each for the day... and there is 2 rai of land for them to do.  (I also got someone to build my chicken coop and bird aviary for a very good price.

Seems to be an educated Thai man with a good command of English - you can tell he is middle class because he keeps asking the other guy if he wants to fight. If he had been more street-wise he would have just started punching without mouthing off so much.

Oh . . . . wait . . . no. Because he was on his own and could nip off and call 10 of his chums to help him. That's why he didn't start fighting.

I have to defend the Chinese a bit.

When I was backpacking this year in China I conceived them as friendly, helpful and interested to contact foreigners.
Although before I had the worst expectations and opinions about them.
Sure, the have different behaviour and their manners are not on par with western understanding.
But I had no problems at all during my travels.

On the other hand, I don't know how to describe or explain it, the Chinese here in Thailand are different from most of the ones I met inside China.
Probably the same thing you should not judge all English people from the ones you meet at, let's say, Ibiza or Mallorca.
Maybe it has something to do with, that different places/destinations attract certain kind of people.