Isaan teen so proud to have finished high school, takes pics with degree everywhere he goes

webfact

One of the Few , The Proud.

Congratulations now use it to further your education.

Sadly lack of encouragement and opportunity will probably dash this Proud young mans dreams.

But dream on, make them come true, it's not easy, but worth it in the end!

To bad there is no encouragement to help the youngster in their quest for a better education.

20 hours ago, apex2000 said:

Umm... I was not aware that Thai students receive a 'degree' after finishing high school.

I agree I was not aware any nation issues HS "Degrees" I believe the document awarded at HS commencement ceremonies are Diplomas. Colleges and universities award degrees such as Associats, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorates. Trade schools award certificates aka certificates of training

41 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I agree I was not aware any nation issues HS "Degrees" I believe the document awarded at HS commencement ceremonies are Diplomas. Colleges and universities award degrees such as Associats, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorates. Trade schools award certificates aka certificates of training

What he has actually received is a certificate stating that he has finished Grade 12 of high school  plus any related documents.

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I must be missing something here. He finished school, like thousands of others. What is so special about that?

He enjoys experimenting with social media and happened upon something that is getting clicks. He should consider this talent in his career decisions.

To me the funniest part of his campaign is the flat expression on his face and matter of fact statement about graduating. Makes one wonder if there is a sophisticated sense of humor behind it. Probably not, but I still find that funny. 

His affect reminds me somewhat of Canadian comedian Nathan Fielder.

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, apex2000 said:

What he has actually received is a certificate stating that he has finished Grade 12 of high school  plus any related documents.

I guessed the same. To me it is not much different than "drink driving"

On 26/05/2017 at 6:37 PM, smew said:

Don't want to be sarcastic, but did he learn anything useful?

Doubt it,  but best of luck to the lad... needs to ease up on the pies though.

my mrs got a Masters degree,  thick as...er,  2 short planks... she thinks Thailand is the only country, surrounded by sea in the rest of the world. She thought Russia and China was Thailand, and Japan was Ko Chang.  Australia must of been Phuket then.