Naklua Sapanyao Bridge residents face massive encroachment fines under new law

Rimmer

Naklua Sapanyao Bridge residents face massive encroachment fines under new law

1244-n3fines1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Residents and businesses near Naklua’s “long bridge” are facing hundreds of thousands of baht in fines for structures illegally built over water decades ago.

The Marine Department on May 23 officially notified property owners near the Sapanyao Bridge that it is now enforcing the new Navigation in Thai Waters Act, which came into effect in April. The legislation seeks to reign in encroachment by structures illegally built over public rivers, streams, beaches and sea.

The goal is to preserve rivers for marine transport, agriculture and flood protection. Property owners must demolish or modify about 350 structures within a year or be fined up to 10,000 baht per square meter.

Many of the Sapanyao owners unsurprisingly are not pleased.

Many of those interviewed said they inherited their houses or restaurants from grandparents and no one had raised any objections about the structures in the past 30 years.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/naklua-sapanyao-bridge-residents-face-massive-encroachment-fines-new-law-176534

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-06-02

14 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I think this encroaching did not only happen in Naklua.

The same BS is still going on on walking street 25 years latter.

But i do agree with the authorities, way to much of this going on all over pattaya .

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Many of those interviewed said they inherited their houses or restaurants from grandparents and no one had raised any objections about the structures in the past 30 years.

i just do not get this ; originally government land ; it's  use stolen by someone, then the govt tries to take it back and people say 'screw you and your laws';

consider eminent domain, a practice civilized countries use, the state is the FINAL possessor of land, period

Edited by YetAnother

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

You will be telling me next that the authorities will be doing the same to illegal structures over the beach in Hua Hin!

They are all due to be demolished. 

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Last October according to some bright sparks on Tv :cheesy:

Where have all those Tv posters  gone !!!!!! :giggle:

Good example of how some troll can start a rumor and it soon becomes one of the forum's Received Truths to be acknowledged by a wise nod. Another such was the increase in the baht bus fare to 20 baht.