Trump criticised for tweet on London mayor after bridge attacks

webfact

Just now, spiderorchid said:

You take a risk assessment document from a health and safety or mining business and post it as a solution to world terrorism. That is so funny.

Yes I was a safety rep, I understand risk assessment in the mining workforce. I helped develop it.

To use this as a template to terror risk shows you to be.... Nah, I don't want to be banned again. Ok I will say a mild rebuke to you. ...Extremely simple. 

Go back to the graph. The bottom line to risk management in the general workforce is PPE. Personal Protective Equipment.

Oh yes, everyone wearing safety boots, safety glasses, a hard hat, leather smock and puttees etc all the time is a sure fire way to decrease terror attacks.

Word fail me. Silly poster

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, iReason said:

Right.

Wouldn't want to confuse you or shatter your delusions with sourced facts.

:coffee1:

When youve got some original thoughts to share, we'll be all ears. 

Right now your formula seems to be 90% cut and paste...and 10% insults. 

Edited by JHolmesJr

19 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

When youve got some original thoughts to share, we'll be all ears. 

Right now your formula seems to be 90% cut and paste...and 10% insults. 

"We"?

P.S. Your eyes should be sufficient. Maybe not...

28 minutes ago, iReason said:

"We"?

P.S. Your eyes should be sufficient. Maybe not...

"We" being the 39 % of Us voters that still support this person. He is not a man and I will not lower the dignity of men to call him a man.

But 39% is a good base for any crackpot to launch silly policies. And then back track.

Trump has said he may not be able to support his multi trillion dollar commitment to infrastructure in the US. Heck, that is a surprise.

But he can support an infrastructure move of the US embassy to Jerusalem. And this million dollar move creates how many US jobs?

Israeli contractors are rubbing their hands. And so on, and so on...

On ‎05‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 1:35 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

conservative england has gun control right. imagine how bad this attack would have been if the 3 guys had access to firearms. 

Think how fast they'd have been killed if the population had a right to carry weapons.

BTW, criminals in Britain have no problem getting weapons. It's only law abiding people that can't.

19 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

"We" being the 39 % of Us voters that still support this person. He is not a man and I will not lower the dignity of men to call him a man.

But 39% is a good base for any crackpot to launch silly policies. And then back track.

Trump has said he may not be able to support his multi trillion dollar commitment to infrastructure in the US. Heck, that is a surprise.

But he can support an infrastructure move of the US embassy to Jerusalem. And this million dollar move creates how many US jobs?

Trump isn't moving the embassy.

42 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Extremely off topic diversion to Israel policy in the context of this thread. 

And, yes, the embassy isn't moving and if it was I'm sure it would be much more expensive than one million.

Of course I agree with you on criticizing trump but perhaps leave the Israel demonization and questionable creation of rubbing hands imagery to actual threads about Israel, OK? 

Edited by Jingthing

On ‎05‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 6:01 PM, funandsuninbangkok said:

Donald Trump just finished telling Europeans they need to protect themselves. Look at the numbers. Shameful. Truth to weakness?

IMG_6273.JPG

Frankly, I'm shocked by that article, especially by the British decline. Britain couldn't even repeat the Falklands war now, especially as it no longer has any aircraft carriers ( since 2014 and none till 2019 ). IMO time they removed the "Great" from Britain. It hasn't been "great" since WW2.

18 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Perhaps if the Mayor had asked All descent Muslims to be observant of Islamic Millitants they suspect being amongst them , and report any even slight suspicion to the Police he would have immunity to critics.Hes scared he would be a target I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

One of the terrorists had been reported, twice and had been in a jihadist tv documentary with an ISIS flag in London. The police did not consider him a threat and did not surveil him. Some "words" will probably be used in meetings when this incident is being reviewed!

12 hours ago, Traveler19491 said:

On further reflection, this is just a fascinating post. First, you paint all Muslims as suspect, then you immediately turn around and list your many "close Muslim friends" as well as the "hundreds of Muslims" that you have known and worked with. How is it that you have known and interacted with all these Muslims, whom you assert are just wonderful people, but, apparently, all the ones you don't know are to be eyed suspiciously for their posing a risk? Is there something magical about knowing you that suddenly eliminates all suspicion? Does knowing you suddenly remove any danger they pose? How is it that living among Muslims in a Muslim country is fine, but having Muslims in YOUR country poses a risk? How are you suddenly at a lower risk if you are living in a Muslim country, but your risk level suddenly shoots up when they are in your country?

Sorry, but your bigotry is showing.

I too have lived in a Muslim country and living there wasn't "fine" at all. The only reason I and all the other people like me stayed for our contract was because of the money. They have to pay a LOT of money to get us to stay.

Would anyone on this forum want to live next to any of the radical Muslims that can easily be found on U Tube shouting their hatred of kaffirs even though they choose to live in a kaffir country? I doubt it.

BTW if I'd gone on the streets saying the sort of things they say about kaffirs about Saudis, I'd have been in jail in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Think how fast they'd have been killed if the population had a right to carry weapons.

BTW, criminals in Britain have no problem getting weapons. It's only law abiding people that can't.

america has 5% of the population and 31% of the worlds mass shootings. lots of guns dont make for a safer environment. i am a gun owner and had to go through many checks to become a gun owner. it is a good system. the general population can not be trusted with firearms. i would rater live in a country that is too restrictive regarding firearms than one where any nut job can buy a handgun.

if it is really that easy to get guns in england why arent these guys doing the terror attacks using them?

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

america has 5% of the population and 31% of the worlds mass shootings. lots of guns dont make for a safer environment. i am a gun owner and had to go through many checks to become a gun owner. it is a good system. the general population can not be trusted with firearms. i would rater live in a country that is too restrictive regarding firearms than one where any nut job can buy a handgun.

if it is really that easy to get guns in england why arent these guys doing the terror attacks using them?

All potential weapon owners must pass  basic tests to own a weapon in Britain and Australia.

It is a reason why 35% of all mass shootings and shooting in general  from all over the world occur in the US.

It is against the US constitution to prevent a mentally disturbed  person from owning a weapon. And the NRA loves this "freedom".

US has lost the plot. They have won two " wars"  since hundreds of incursions from WW11.  Panama and Grenada.

Wow, what a winning machine. What a bunch of losers. 

13 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

The formula for calculating risk is simple:

risk = probability x loss

At present there is a high probability of further attacks that will result in significant loss of life and property.

So the risk may therefore be defined as extreme.

Then turning to effective management we must focus our minds upon the hierarchy of controls.

As this universally accepted risk management framework illustrates, the most effective control for an extreme risk is elimination:

download.jpg

The 'Hierarchy of Controls' that you use is one designed for Occupational Safety and Health; and is suitable for working environments where the hazards are caused by the work process itself.  It is not designed to provide a risk control framework for terrorist or criminal acts.  Obviously 'Elimination' would work but I am confused as to how 'Substitution',  i.e. replace the hazard, is appropriate.  Do you suggest that the hazard of fundamentalist islamic terrorism be replaced by something else a little less damaging?

5 minutes ago, stander said:

Politically incorrect, decisive President Trump is right when he says people are tired of rhetoric and want action.

Only if you consider constantly changing his mind as 'action.'   

I've seen more positive action from psychiatric patients at an in-care facility.   

There's some pretty wild stuff on the Net about Sadiq Khan based on the most tenuous circumstantial evidence.  In my view he's a career politician and trying to portray him as some kind of extremist is stretching it a bit far. Having said that one 2009 interview did catch my eye:

What do you think? Does using the phrase "Uncle Toms" maybe indicate some hidden disdain for moderate Moslems; or is it just an unfortunate choice of phrasing on his part with no significance.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

ANd yet these terrorists didn't have guns.  But once there's a lot more of them in circulation think of how many more people they will be able to kill.

This is what it feels like to anyone who isn't a total anti-Trump person...

Headline: Trump declares Mother Teresa "Salt of the Earth", says we need more like this.

Next Headline: AMA criticizes Trump for saying we need more salt; everyone knows too much salt is bad for you. 

34 minutes ago, nausea said:

There's some pretty wild stuff on the Net about Sadiq Khan based on the most tenuous circumstantial evidence.  In my view he's a career politician and trying to portray him as some kind of extremist is stretching it a bit far. Having said that one 2009 interview did catch my eye:

What do you think? Does using the phrase "Uncle Toms" maybe indicate some hidden disdain for moderate Moslems; or is it just an unfortunate choice of phrasing on his part with no significance.

The former.

Khan just can't muster nearly the same amount of disgust for terrorism as he has for President Trump, shrugging his shoulders over radical Islamic terror in September and declaring that attacks were “part and parcel” of life in a big city.

Edited by stander

17 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

I haven't observed any killings by Islamic terrorists in any of the Muslim countries in which I have lived.

Risk arises out of context.

I will continue to focus on risk and solutions that can be implemented to ensure that it is effectively managed.

Keeping people safe will not be achieved by going round and round in circles spouting multiculturalism piffle.

150 dead in Kabul a few days ago?

19 hours ago, iReason said:

As Trump lashes out, Republicans grow uneasy

“Not that I’m aware of,” White House principal deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Monday at a news conference

when asked if the president’s tweets were being vetted by lawyers or aides."

“Social media for the president is extremely important,” Sanders said."

“It gives him the ability to speak directly to the people without the bias of the media filtering those types of communication.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-trump-lashes-out-republicans-grow-uneasy/2017/06/05/d5dc3608-4a09-11e7-bc1b-fddbd8359dee_story.html?utm_term=.b46a575b988b

KELLYANNE CONWAY SAYS MEDIA SHOULD STOP COVERING DONALD TRUMP’S TWEETS

"President Donald Trump went on one of his infamous early-morning Twitter rants on Monday,

but Kellyanne Conway doesn't want you to read all about it."

"Conway, the pollster turned counselor to the president, told anchors on the Today show that the media has

an "obsession with covering everything he says on Twitter and very little of what he does as president."

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-twitter-london-mayor-620823

I'm so confused...

Not half as confused as Sarah and Kellyanne...or Sean...or Jared...or Mattis...or Tillerson...or the White House staffers...or anyone who works with/around/in any capacity connected to/this addle-brained chaos junkie.

13 minutes ago, Traveler19491 said:

"Conway, the pollster turned counselor to the president, told anchors on the Today show that the media has

an "obsession with covering everything he says on Twitter and very little of what he does as president."

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-twitter-london-mayor-620823

As POTUS every media outlet covers EVERYTHING he says and does.  What he says on twitter is what he says as POTUS, you simply cannot separate the two; unless of course he is suffering from a bipolar disorder?

I haven't observed any killings by Islamic terrorists in any of the Muslim countries in which I have lived.

And yet you are the same people who are so quick to point to Muslim executions of gays, beheadings, treatment of women...all in those same countries where you claim the people are just wonderful. Double standard much?

As to multiculturalism "piffle"...how is it "piffle" to respect another's culture? I'm Irish. Why is it the non-Irish in the US don't get all bent out of shape when March 17 rolls around? Why is it you don't get upset over the displays of Minorah or the multitudes of men wearing prayer shawls and Hasidic hair curls? Why do you not get violently upset about Indian women wearing saris?

Those are all cultural differences that you grew up with, recognize, and are comfortable with. Other than the 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, and a few other celebrations, there are very few cultural habits that are native to America. We are all immigrants, and one of the things that has made America great is our willingness to welcome anyone and allow them to continue with their cultural differences, so long as they respected everyone else's.

I will readily acknowledge that there are those who are unwilling to respect other's cultures, and those people need to either get on board or consider that America may not be the best place for them. I will respect Ramadan, or Yom Kippur, or whatever your sacred observance is, but you need to respect those of others. And, no, America will not change to suit your demands.

The thing is, I include all of the racists/fascists who are unwilling to respect other cultures as well. If you can't get on board with America being a melting pot, it might be time for you to find somewhere else to let your bigot flag fly.

Ok.

Let's also focus the discussion in this thread upon the risk arising out of Islamic terrorists in Muslim countries.

As mentioned before, this thread is not about "the risk arising out of Islamic terrorists". It is about Trump's tweets. Please stay on topic.

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

l saw Sadiq on TV Sunday mourning speaking about the events of Saturday night, calm, collective, constructive and intelligent. I am no Labour supporter but this guy has his head screwed on...

Your easily influenced then it's all a front to deceive the infidel,  his head won't be screw on long if the Muslim terrorists get hold of him for saying they are not Muslims. 

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Your easily influenced then it's all a front to deceive the infidel,  his head won't be screw on long if the Muslim terrorists get hold of him for saying they are not Muslims. 

"Your easily influenced then it's all a front to deceive the infidel, "

"his head won't be screw on long if the Muslim terrorists get hold of him for saying they are not Muslims. "

You realise you're contradicting yourself here?

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, criminals in Britain have no problem getting weapons.

It's only law abiding people that can't.

The mayor praised the ART police in his address.

They need a lot more training IMO but agree on your first point.

l would be even more glad l had access to my guns in UK if l was still living as a UK resident.

Home grown UK Muslim terrorists acquiring guns is probably only a matter of time easy money for the criminals but Londoners don't be alarmed.  :whistling: