Pattaya pushes demolition of 117 Naklua homes despite Chonburi’s concerns

Rimmer

Pattaya pushes demolition of 117 Naklua homes despite Chonburi’s concerns

1245-n3Klong1.jpg

One of the reasons the city is trying to get rid of the illegal structures has to do with the pollution they cause.

PATTAYA:--Nearly 100 residents near Naklua’s Nokyang canal petitioned Pattaya officials for more time to remove structures encroaching on the flood-control channel as the city tries to evict them over the concerns of Chonburi Province.

The city earlier issued demolition orders for 91 houses and cited an additional 25, saying all were built on top of or partly obstructed the public canal, exacerbating flooding problems in the area. They were given 15 days to remove their structures or face legal action and demolition by the city.

About 30 residents presented a petition to mayor Anan Charoenchasri on May 30, pleading for more time, as they had lived for decades in the area and could not simply uproot their lives in two weeks.

Sixty-four homeowners filed a formal appeal with Chonburi Province and the appeals committee ruled that they are part of a permanent community with official registration numbers and legal public utilities that are funded through the Pattaya City budget. Therefore, the committee said, removing these homes could cause a major adverse impact on the community.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-pushes-demolition-117-naklua-homes-despite-chonburis-concerns-177205

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-06-10

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

they are part of a permanent community with official registration numbers and legal public utilities that are funded through the Pattaya City budget.

So this has been officially condoned for years?

These people need to be moved into suitable housing.

Condo projects should be compelled to provide 10% of units as free housing for the poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There is already "suitable housing"
at the North Pattaya "bahn ooh arton" AKA keaha buildings but I suspect these people have built and been living on the "disputed" land for many years and dont much want to move....cant figure out why they like living with all that rubbish !

There is already "suitable housing"
at the North Pattaya "bahn ooh arton" AKA keaha buildings but I suspect these people have built and been living on the "disputed" land for many years and dont much want to move....cant figure out why they like living with all that rubbish !

The people in Chonburi are not all rubbish. Just because people are poor does not mean they are dirty or deserve to be put out of their homes.

Compelling condo projects to provide 10% of their units to help the poor is such a small thing to ask. The condos have been getting rich on the backs of the poor for decades, they should be happy to give a little back.

The people in Chonburi are not all rubbish. Just because people are poor does not mean they are dirty or deserve to be put out of their homes..

In the photo on the first post you can see a house in the midst of a sea of rubbish ! rich or poor I don't understand how someone could step outside the door and just ignore it...they might have to move due to their houses being built illegally, yes if they where rich they might have a better chance to fight evictions.

The previous government has built low cost housing estates in every province
I know of 2 in the Pattaya area.
the one in Jomtien has 90 buildings totaling more than 4000 apartments

1497079020850.jpg

44 minutes ago, mogandave said:

The people in Chonburi are not all rubbish. Just because people are poor does not mean they are dirty or deserve to be put out of their homes.

Compelling condo projects to provide 10% of their units to help the poor is such a small thing to ask. The condos have been getting rich on the backs of the poor for decades, they should be happy to give a little back.

Hopefully they come and live in your condo building. Hopefully you will still feel generous once they start to throw litter and dump their waste around the area.  Poverty is no excuse for laziness and filthy surroundings.   Giving them a free condo  is pointless as no doubt they enjoy living in squalor and will just ruin it. 

And this is not Thai bashing as plenty of lazy filthy people in the UK, Oz and US who have been given free Govt housing, only to destroy it and it's surroundings.

Edited by Pdaz

Hopefully they come and live in your condo building. Hopefully you will still feel generous once they start to throw litter and dump their waste around the area.  Poverty is no excuse for laziness and filthy surroundings.   Giving them a free condo  is pointless as no doubt they enjoy living in squalor and will just ruin it. 

And this is not Thai bashing as plenty of lazy filthy people in the UK, Oz and US who have been given free Govt housing, only to destroy it and it's surroundings.

I don't live in a condo, but if I did, I would welcome people from all walks of life, not just rich greedy bigots.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

I don't live in a condo, but if I did, I would welcome people from all walks of life, not just rich greedy bigots.

Sounds like you are bigoted against the rich.. Guessing that "bigot" is the new Millennials buzz word ?  But of course you still want "the rich" to share what they had to work hard for.

Can't afford a condo ? or think that everything in life should be free and equal regardless of effort.

Just so you don't think I was born with the proverbial silver spoon.

I know plenty about poverty. My family and my parents' parents ( they had 11 kids ) were impoverished but they struggled to better their life through hard work not handouts.  

Sounds like you are bigoted against the rich.. Guessing that "bigot" is the new Millennials buzz word ?  But of course you still want "the rich" to share what they had to work hard for.
Can't afford a condo ? or think that everything in life should be free and equal regardless of effort.

Just so you don't think I was born with the proverbial silver spoon.
I know plenty about poverty. My family and my parents' parents ( they had 11 kids ) were impoverished but they struggled to better their life through hard work not handouts.  

I live in a nice big home in a great neighborhood, I've been working for over 45 years and I plan to work another five.

I have nothing against the rich, it's the greedy rich haters that want it all for themselves I have contempt for.

Particularly those that are lucky enough to clime the ladder, but when they reach down, they don't give a hand up, they grab the ladder and pull it up behind them.