Scooter tire woes ( Vespa )

RobFord

On 6/17/2017 at 10:09 AM, transam said:

TV175 with Wal Phillips fuel injector, same setup l had......:stoner:

Have to say never did  anything to improve performance it went fast enough for me on Sydney roads upgraded front suspension, converted to electronic ignition 12v system few other things but was a long time since I was a teenager and speed freak

3 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Got lambretta back home. Upgraded hydraulic disc brake, 225 bore kit, 30mm dellorto, race exhaust. Lightened flywheel, 12v.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The parts and stuff that is available is unbelievable when Ilived in Aus I got most of mine sent from Camebridge Lambretta always very helpful I needed to replace the gear box and clutch with a later model as the first gear stuffed and couldn't buy new one

Then few years later Peter from Cambridge  sent me one as new but will never be used now

So much stuff including body parts that if you were inclined you could almost build one from scratch

Have to say doesn't give me the buzz now prefer the Honda always starts first time no vibration and gets me home 

Must be getting old!!!

Yes lambretta parts are still freely available today & improved parts being developed regularly.

I've got a Scomadi so enjoy the thrill of a lambretta but with modern 4 stroke auto engine.

I have to say though there is something about the smell of 2 stroke and when I think back probably the most common problem was a bit of carbon getting between the electrodes on the spark plug apart from snapping throttle cables of course

Back in my '60's Mod scooter days there was a dealer who mainly dealt in Vespa's, it was called Eddy Grimstead's....He would import new rides, pull them apart, repaint, chrome and put them out front for the Mod's to come and drool....Ready made "Top Dog" rides...

Eddy Grimstead SS180 girl catchers....

Vespa.jpg.f5a724b0ee480837f453d6c3aedc4c50.jpgVespa2.jpg.f030ce7b0f501184f7844396a110a633.jpgVespa3.jpg.d92e5d71978cece314ab90eb56980d47.jpg

On 6/21/2017 at 10:38 AM, LammyTS1 said:

Yes lambretta parts are still freely available today & improved parts being developed regularly.

I've got a Scomadi so enjoy the thrill of a lambretta but with modern 4 stroke auto engine.

Had a look on the internet and have to say it does look good I presume they are fully imported unless they are assembled here which would bring the price down somewhat

For me though as my money is sourced from Aus and the low exchange rate against the baht it pushes up the price compared with against the U.K. Pound

Realistically though for me I am very wary of driving too far on two wheels here and only use the Lambretta and Honda in the very local area

What I see on a daily basis particularly with young people driving recklessly at high speed I feel safer in the SUV which is a shame as there is great countryside up here

I might go and have a look the next time I am in Bangkok that seemed to be the only place there was a dealership

The problem is that I might be tempted!!!!!

18 hours ago, transam said:

Back in my '60's Mod scooter days there was a dealer who mainly dealt in Vespa's, it was called Eddy Grimstead's....He would import new rides, pull them apart, repaint, chrome and put them out front for the Mod's to come and drool....Ready made "Top Dog" rides...

Eddy Grimstead SS180 girl catchers....

Vespa.jpg.f5a724b0ee480837f453d6c3aedc4c50.jpgVespa2.jpg.f030ce7b0f501184f7844396a110a633.jpgVespa3.jpg.d92e5d71978cece314ab90eb56980d47.jpg

Have to say they do look great despite me being a Lambretta person

I have read about this guy in the U.K. Scootering magazine seems he had a very good reputation

The grimstead Vespa's were called Hurricanes I think?

Just fitted a Michelin city grip to my Vespa LX. The scooters done just over 10k kms but don't know if it's the 1st tyre change since new.

Had the city grips on my old gts & they are a superb tyre for all weathers.

Had a look on the internet and have to say it does look good I presume they are fully imported unless they are assembled here which would bring the price down somewhat
For me though as my money is sourced from Aus and the low exchange rate against the baht it pushes up the price compared with against the U.K. Pound
Realistically though for me I am very wary of driving too far on two wheels here and only use the Lambretta and Honda in the very local area
What I see on a daily basis particularly with young people driving recklessly at high speed I feel safer in the SUV which is a shame as there is great countryside up here
I might go and have a look the next time I am in Bangkok that seemed to be the only place there was a dealership
The problem is that I might be tempted!!!!!

911 scooter garage is a Scomadi dealer in BKK. They also have some wickedly quick lambrettas in their shop incl a RB250.
Dealers also in Pattaya & Chiang Mai. They moved production to Thailand this year & waiting on the new metal bodied 200 coming out next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app