At least 50 SIM cards seized from three Chinese originated from Cambodia

rooster59

At least 50 SIM cards seized from three Chinese originated from Cambodia

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37S6yNspGEGkHHnbm1V4kuadEjQ524J8XpWN5m.jpg

Initial police investigation shows that 50 of the 347,000 SIM cards found in the possession of three Chinese nationals in Sa Kaeo province came from Cambodia while the rest of the rest are still being checked.

National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission secretary-General Takorn Tanthasit said Friday that he was informed by the three mobile phone service providers that their investigation showed that the Chinese had obtained the SIM cards from different provinces.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/least-50-sim-cards-seized-three-chinese-originated-cambodia/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-17

Obviously these 50 sim card were for nefarious purposes, typical Cambodian.

As for the other 346,950 these were clearly not involved in anything illegal (unless they were corrupted by the Chinese) as they will no doubt turn out to be of Thai origin.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

12 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

To what end, what would you do with 350,000 sim cards?

Well, one of the allegations was these guys were submitting negative reviews online or via text against companies, websites, etc.  And at the same time they were submitting positive reviews against other sites or services or companies.  Presumably one needs unique SIM cards/phone numbers to do that.  Not many more details were provided.  I don't know the actual mechanics of the operation

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well, one of the allegations was these guys were submitting negative reviews online or via text against companies, websites, etc.  And at the same time they were submitting positive reviews against other sites or services or companies.  Presumably one needs unique SIM cards/phone numbers to do that.  Not many more details were provided.  I don't know the actual mechanics of the operation

If, as I assume to be the case, we are talking about Chinese companies & websites, then I take it that these guys were seeking to minimise the likelihood of getting that dreaded 3AM knock on their front doors once they were back home. However it clearly never dawned on them that they were at risk of a similar fate here.