What are the cheapest hotels in Pattaya?

JohnJay

Does anyone know what is the cheapest, nastiest hotel in Pattaya? For 200-400 baht per night? Aircon, pool, etc, not required. Cockroaches and stained sheets are tolerable at this price range.

I've seen a couple of places with hostel type accommodation for back packers, sharing a big room with bunk beds. Can you actually get a room to yourself for this sort of money?

I'm asking on behalf of my friend that has lived the Pattaya dream and now running low on a small loan from his family in Farangland !:biggrin:

12 minutes ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

Tell your.. Cough... Friend that there are plenty on soi Buakhao with air if he can manage to raise an extra $3 us dollars per night

He's currently staying in 18 coins on Soi Buakhao. Think any options around that area have been exhausted.

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

allow me to be a bit curious, with due respect to your pal of course....what was his Pattaya dream, how did he live it and spend it?

I just met the guy last night on soi 6. From what I gather he came out for a few months, has badly overspent, and now rationing a loan from his sister til his flight home mid July. Living in a dormitory on soi buakhao and sharing with, in his words, smelly Indians. Something about Pattaya can make certain grown men act like kids. At least he's enjoyed himself :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

... but for the last four weeks of his tenure.  Welcome to hell.

"Badly overspent." I really don't see how that happens. Doesn't one know how much money they have? Divide by the number of days you are out and then just spend that. 

I know, off topic. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Goldbear said:

"Badly overspent." I really don't see how that happens. Doesn't one know how much money they have? Divide by the number of days you are out and then just spend that. 

I think he was planning to find work and stay longer, not totally sure.

9 minutes ago, JohnJay said:

Maybe someone told him that he could "Live like a King" in Thailand for next to nothing. That's a persistent myth where I come from. 

You are a nice guy. Good luck helping him. Enjoy. 

4 hours ago, Goldbear said:

I have met and known many grown men in there 50s and 60s that could not work that one out. I can't believe how anyone can allow their sleves to get in that possion.

Does anyone know what is the cheapest, nastiest hotel in Pattaya? For 200-400 baht per night? Aircon, pool, etc, not required. Cockroaches and stained sheets are tolerable at this price range.

Forget about blowing your cash on a hotel, you could save even more by just sleeping on the beach :)

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

I have met and known many grown men in there 50s and 60s that could not work that one out. I can't believe how anyone can allow their sleves to get in that possion.

It can easily happen, particularly in you are eating spaghetti, the sauce can get on your sleeves.

8 hours ago, JohnJay said:

as usual when it comes to such embarrassing topics:

"HE" actually means "ME MYSELF, BUT I DON'T WANNA ADMIT IT"

He should be able to find a Thai apartment or room for about 2k to 4k a month. No floor no furniture shared bathroom.

He'll have to look on the non touristy streets or ask a Thai person.

Some of the bar girls and motorbike guys should know. Likewise a bar manager may know

14 hours ago, Here It Is said:

... but for the last four weeks of his tenure.  Welcome to hell.

Why would it be hell? At least he's in Pattaya and he doesn't need to stay inside all day. Plenty of old guys just nursing one drink in a barbeer and watching the world go by.

In the old days when the promenade had seats he could have sat and watched the world go by for free.