Myanmar couple found hanging from tree in Phetchaburi forest

webfact

Myanmar couple found hanging from tree in Phetchaburi forest
By The Nation

PHETCHABURI: -- A Myanmar couple have been found hanged in a roadside forest in Phetchaburi’s Khao Yoi district.

Police said the couple were found hanging side by side with nylon rope tied around their necks at about 4pm.

Police said they were hanging from the branch of a big tree.

The forest is located 15 metres from the road to Ban Nong Muang in tambon Sapan.

Pol Captain Niphon Sornnarin, deputy inspector of Khao Yoi Police Station, said the bodies were found about an hour after their deaths.

Their bodies were sent to Khao Yoi Hospital for an autopsy to determine if there was foul play.

Niphon said police did not detect any signs of foul play where the bodies were found, although the woman’s sarong had fallen to the ground.

A local resident, Prasarn Boonmakul, 45, said he knew the couple, who lived in his village.

He said the couple had been working at Cal-Comp Electronics (Thailand) for a month.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319737

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-03

Maybe victims of the over-the-top decision by the military government to change the laws to dramatically increase penalties for immigrant workers and their employers.

But wait people don't go out and commit suicide over this issue just yet because PM Prayut is going to change this decree with his magic Article 44. You might have to wait a while it usually takes him 20 years to fix anything.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Maybe victims of the over-the-top decision by the military government to change the laws to dramatically increase penalties for immigrant workers and their employers.

But wait people don't go out and commit suicide over this issue just yet because PM Prayut is going to change this decree with his magic Article 44. You might have to wait a while it usually takes him 20 years to fix anything.

Everything is speculation as yet but I fear you are correct. Maybe Cal-Comp electronics could confirm if the couple had been fired. If so it is tragic that they felt so despondent that suicide seemed to be the best way out. Maybe had not enough money for the journey home. 

Cambodia, Lao and Myanmar are expanding at a greater rate than Thailand so maybe one day fairly soon these people will have the opportunity to work in their own countries.

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

Who knows, because there was no investigation. Again. 

The couple were found hanging about 2 metres above the ground and had been dead for about an hour when they were found..There was no sign of a struggle in the vicinity. A local, Mr Prasarn, said they lived only 50 metres from where they were found dead. Usually they were a cheerful couple who neither drank or gambled, he said..  Police checked their accommodation for any clue as to their deaths.Their bodies were sent to Phrajom Klao hospital in Phetburi for forensic examination,

I would hesitate a guess and say they were going to have to return to Myanmar under the new labour law and didn't have the funds.

suicide tree.jpg

Just now, chickenslegs said:

Assuming that this was not a murder/suicide by one of them - it's incredibly sad that a couple could find life to be so awful that dying together was preferable.

Despair and loss of face  perhaps- come all the way to Thailand, told their families they're going to save money and send it home, maybe they have kids at home and then the dream comes crashing down with the new strict labour laws - crushed dreams at a guess.

55 minutes ago, bannork said:

The couple were found hanging about 2 metres above the ground and had been dead for about an hour when they were found..There was no sign of a struggle in the vicinity. A local, Mr Prasarn, said they lived only 50 metres from where they were found dead. Usually they were a cheerful couple who neither drank or gambled, he said..  Police checked their accommodation for any clue as to their deaths.Their bodies were sent to Phrajom Klao hospital in Phetburi for forensic examination,

I would hesitate a guess and say they were going to have to return to Myanmar under the new labour law and didn't have the funds.

suicide tree.jpg

If it was known in the village that they neither drank nor gambled, then quite obviously they had been living there for sometime. Why would two people with no children that have been working for some time not have money to go home. 

Where does it say they were working illegally? ??

Where does it say they lost their job? ?

Like I said, no investigation. 

Again 

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

If it was known in the village that they neither drank nor gambled, then quite obviously they had been living there for sometime. Why would two people with no children that have been working for some time not have money to go home. 

Where does it say they were working illegally? ??

Where does it say they lost their job? ?

Like I said, no investigation. 

Again 

The local said they had applied for a job at the local company just a month ago. He didn't say if they had got the job or not. His reference to no gambling or drinking, meant apart from being hard working people thy had no disagreements or debts with locals.

10 hours ago, tomyummer said:

Was there a stool or bench at the base of the tree? Or how did the two of them hang themselves? Fishy.

The picture at post seven would suggest no stool, bench, ladder etc in evidence to assist in a hanging.... undoubtedly the truth will out after a typically thorough investigation

Just now, scorecard said:

Or very poor reporting which is fast becoming par for the course.

Hang on. They've just been found dead! The reporter was reporting from the scene, their bodies still strung up. Give him a chance. 

21 hours ago, tomyummer said:

Was there a stool or bench at the base of the tree? Or how did the two of them hang themselves? Fishy.

Block of ice would stump the bib pretty much don't you think?

i think it is a dreadful waste of life and the Thai superiority complex treating the Myanmar, Cambodian and Lao people with distain is most definitely misplaced. 

my heartfelt sympathies go out to the couple. 

Edited by The Dark Lord

13 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Block of ice would stump the bib pretty much don't you think?

i think it is a dreadful waste of life and the Thai superiority complex treating the Myanmar, Cambodian and Lao people with distain is most definitely misplaced. 

my heartfelt sympathies go out to the couple. 

I agree and in a way I hope this comes back on the thais economically when Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos become the powerhouse countries of SEA.