Nana - haven for foreign mafia doesn't look like Thailand any more

webfact

10 hours ago, overherebc said:

Nice original quote.

However I will admit that in Nana nowadays you can easily find a girl with a nice big bust, in my days there they were few and far between.

The only problem being that many of them with a nice big bust also have a big something else.

And you know this how? From posts on ThaiVisa?

There is still an abundance of sweet nubile young thai ladies on offer let me assure you.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, overherebc said:

Nice original quote.

However I will admit that in Nana nowadays you can easily find a girl with a nice big bust, in my days there they were few and far between.

The only problem being that many of them with a nice big bust also have a big something else.

You can find many singlet wearing beer bellied farang with a nice big bust too these days.

9 hours ago, tryasimight said:

There is still an abundance of sweet nubile young thai ladies on offer let me assure you.

9 hours ago, tryasimight said:

From my last visit a couple of years ago.

All the small bars gone and replaced by usa style big glitzy 2 or 3 stage bars with too loud music.

Make you feel your on a timer for your beer. Hassled to buy lady drinks etc.

Before had one or two bars for the 3rd gender now just too many as far as I'm concerned.

Everything changes but for me NEP has changed in the wrong way.

Yep, I'm not young anymore but remember the old saying.

As you are now

so once was I.

As I am now

so you shall be.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 9:34 PM, overherebc said:

Of course no-one will believe it but the days when you took your 'beloved' back to the hotel for the night and if you felt like a burger or whatever you could hand her a hundred baht or so and she would go out and get one for you and bring it back with a couple of beers etc..

Yes, it did happen.

I can do that now but maybe 200 b.  What is your point?

Prices rise every where in the world.

Instead of always talking about ' the good old days", maybe some should realize these days can be pretty darn good.

Just enjoy it, it is not a terrible place unless ones attitude makes it so!!

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Instead of always talking about ' the good old days", maybe some should realize these days can be pretty darn good.

Wouldn't argue with you. I just get a little bit p--sed off with the obviously younger posters who come out with statements like 'how do you know that, by reading thaivisa?' 

It is just that it has changed so much in the twenty plus years since I started going there, and of course everything changes and for me, I am, obviously, not a fan of the changes.

It probably suits 'the younger generation' !!! ? who enjoy the loud music and the high tech lighting systems etc etc.

The two products it sells are still the same, booze and sex. I'm just not a fan of the packaging today.

I just don't like anyone telling me I couldn't have possibly enjoyed it the way it was and today's version is so much better than the one I knew years ago.

From an old Harold ( Harrold )? Robbins novel,  ' different strokes for different folks'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The amount of baht is not the point. The differences are in the places and girls.  I started coming to Thailand for work in the 90's, back then tourism was not so big, only about 3-4 million people a year.  Most of the girls now days seem money hungry as for all the shop owners, taxis etc but that's what happens when a place becomes a tourist trap.  20 years ago the girls acted like a girlfriend even for one night. Sure there were the hard core girls looking for cash, but most were looking for a BF / husband. Of course things were cheaper back then, same as any other country. Hell used to get a 1hr massage for 50B, bar fine 100B, etc etc gas in the USA was $0.70 a gallon, but again that's not the point. The point is how much Thailand has changed in 20 years, it's amazing, we got the skytrain, subway, new airport with millions of traveling arriving monthly (not yearly) and it's not only Thailand, Vietnam has exploded and Cambodia is growing. Air travel has changed so much in the last 20 years that it makes it cheap to travel around the world and people now do that. When I first came to Thailand it would take me 4-5 planes and 34+hrs. Now i can do it in 2 flights and just about 24hrs. Thailand will continue to grow and change along with the rest of the world and one of these days you will be talking about how much Thailand has changed.  I still love Thailand, miss some things, love some of the new things. I love email, I used to wake up in a hotel room filled with papers on the floor as I got faxes in over night. Sitting in a hotel room waiting for a call from my office etc.  Cant wait to see what the future brings!!!

• Like 2

Nana area was an area that I stayed near by for years. I seen more lovely ladies

there than I ever have on a Hua Hin Beach.  and I still many pretty ones in the area

especially just before dinner time. I hope they all do not move and all I get to see

is the Burka clad crowd.  I am just glad that the majority of Thailand is still

Buddhist.

Geezer

• 4 weeks later...

I like Nana it keeps all the sex tourists away from the other areas. It's true Nana is not what it was 15/20 years ago but where is? and, sorry PC luvers, it is full of those of Arabian descent with their burka clad slaves, sorry, wives trailing behind them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't go to girlie bars anymore; but I like Nana for people-watching. It is good fun to go to Soi Nana every now and then;  sit down at an outside table/chair of a non-girlie bar; drink some beer; and do people-watching ;) 

Edited by JemJem

On 8/31/2017 at 2:07 PM, NCC1701A said:

" And said that a confusing situation has developed where cops were acting outside the law."

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:shock1: Fingers crossed this sort of thing never happens in Phuket!!!!

Edited by beechbum
  • Haha 1

When you've got dodgy Africans openly dealing drugs on Lower Suk within fifty foot of a police tent then you know the game's up.

Edit:  I once flicked my ciggie butt where I shouldn't have on Lower Suk and was duly pulled up and a fair cop.  No fine as Mrs Here It Is was very conciliatory with the official and I was on my way.  Makes you think.

Edited by Here It Is

On 03/12/2017 at 5:44 AM, Here It Is said:

When you've got dodgy Africans openly dealing drugs on Lower Suk within fifty foot of a police tent then you know the game's up.

Edit:  I once flicked my ciggie butt where I shouldn't have on Lower Suk and was duly pulled up and a fair cop.  No fine as Mrs Here It Is was very conciliatory with the official and I was on my way.  Makes you think.

Can you edit again please??

On 12/3/2017 at 4:44 AM, Here It Is said:

I think you need to first learn what is a real police/cop and what is not. The only tent on Lower Suk is the Thetsakij tent.

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2017 at 2:13 PM, tracker1 said:

Corruption in the Red Light Area what is he insinuating prostitution takes place there ! OMG

Well, you know there is no prostitution in Thailand. The catch-all seems to be " . . .  immigrants trying to scratch a living in Thailand . . . " Some may think that could include prostitution with all the African women selling their wares. However, they also mentioned, ". . .  human trafficking and trades like selling meat . . .," which I supposed could also be prostitution. There were also statements like, " . . . with all the foreigners apparently allowed to set up businesses in the area by corrupt authorities . . . "  So, take your pick, maybe the e-cigarette vendors are the reason.

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, you know there is no prostitution in Thailand. The catch-all seems to be " . . .  immigrants trying to scratch a living in Thailand . . . " Some may think that could include prostitution with all the African women selling their wares. However, they also mentioned, ". . .  human trafficking and trades like selling meat . . .," which I supposed could also be prostitution. There were also statements like, " . . . with all the foreigners apparently allowed to set up businesses in the area by corrupt authorities . . . "  So, take your pick, maybe the e-cigarette vendors are the reason.

My experience with the African ladies there is not good.

Basically, they smell horrible for my Falang nose.  I wanted to vomit......

Never again!

On 12/13/2017 at 6:27 PM, bkk6060 said:

My experience with the African ladies there is not good.

Basically, they smell horrible for my Falang nose.  I wanted to vomit......

Never again!

That's not half as nasty as some of the comments I've heard Thai women make about the farang odour.

The African ladies are very popular with the farangs.

Just now, Thai Ron said:

That's not half as nasty as some of the comments I've heard Thai women make about the farang odour.

Not the guys I know.

Smelly, probably diseased black ladies are not their thing.

7 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Thai women wouldn't say something crass and ignorant like that. They're not as racist as you.

• Like 1