Dog escapes slaughter for meat in Chachoengsao

webfact

Dog escapes slaughter for meat in Chachoengsao

By The Nation

A dog struggled and escaped after being tied up to be slaughtered for meat and ran to a good Samaritan in Chachoengsao's Ban Pho district.

The incident was reported by Watchdog Thailand in a Facebook post on Friday.

Watchdog Thailand write that a local resident was feeding stray dogs lying on the ground near a concrete piles factory in Tambon Saen Phudas when a dog ran crying to her.

The dog's neck was tied with a sling that was attached to an iron bar that the dog had managed to pull out of the ground.

She checked the area and found leftover parts of a slain dog in a plastic bag and evidence of a fire that had apparently been lit to cook dog meat.

The woman alerted the Watchdog Thailand, which in turn alerted the Saen Phudas police station to investigate.

Police suspect a group of migrant workers that set up a camp nearby might have killed a stray dog for its meat and tied up the other dog to kill later.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331303

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-10

My niece rescued two doge from migrant workers who were about to cook them in Bangkok. She had seen the preparation for the doge for cooking from her office window.It cost her money and a bag of rice. She now has one as a pet and her friend the other.

Edited by Gandtee
Additional info.

This is big business In Thailand, not just workers looking for a meal. My own dog came back home late one night with obvious signs of having been lassoed and having his back legs bound. The lasso wound took quite some time to heal as the cut was deep. Amazing he managed to escape. Earlier, two other dogs I had mysteriously vanished.

14 hours ago, Gandtee said:

My niece rescued two doge from migrant workers who were about to cook them in Bangkok. She had seen the preparation for the doge for cooking from her office window.It cost her money and a bag of rice. She now has one as a pet and her friend the other.

How many can she and her friend accommodate 5555555

Perhaps a move to an office with a different aspect might be called for

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This is big business In Thailand, not just workers looking for a meal. My own dog came back home late one night with obvious signs of having been lassoed and having his back legs bound. The lasso wound took quite some time to heal as the cut was deep. Amazing he managed to escape. Earlier, two other dogs I had mysteriously vanished.

Oh goody another responsible dog owner, just what the doctor ordered

Third time lucky then

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

An ignorant and unnecessary comment when you have no idea of my circumstances.

Your dog does I hope,  so obviously it behaves itself

Or is it time to start acting in an adult responsible way and stop hoisting your circumstances on to others

If your circumstances preclude you owning a dog then get rid

I will leave that with you

The ignorance is all YOURS

Happy and safe dog walking

On 11/12/2017 at 12:21 PM, nobodysfriend said:

"innocent members of the public " ? INNOCENT ? Who is , may be you ...? 5555

Yes innocent as in they were not responsible for the stray being there and do not feed stray dogs. Applies to majority of population.