Man, 62, hurt after SUV plunges from car park

rooster59

Man, 62, hurt after SUV plunges from car park

By The Nation

216f80ce86e87f190e5e678fa923d97f-sld.jpeg

A 62-year-old man was injured when his SUV plunged to the street from a car park on the fourth floor of a Bangkok building on Saturday.

Police said the accident happened at 10.30 m on Soi Phai Singto off Rama IV road.

The grey Isuzu Mu-7 crashed through the wall of the car park in the Crown Property Bureau building and landed on its front.

The driver was identified as Anukul Wannasuk. He suffered from a large swelling on his head but did not have serious wounds. He was fully conscious when he received the first aid and was sent to the Thep Tharin hospital.

Police said the man might have applied the wrong gear, causing the SUV to move forward instead of reversing from the wall.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331389

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-11

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

too complicated for that man.........with automatic gear box....too many choices

Never happens with manual transmission it seems. Need to engage brain first then clutch so there is a bit of time to wake up.

Errr....not so sure.I have a BT50 4wd manual and a Kia Ceratto Koupe auto. Coming to an intersection (on a 100k/hr highway) in the BT50 I trod on the clutch and surprise, surprise the car didn't slow down. No problem as instinct kicked in, but it really surprised me how working in the ' unconscious competence ' zone can catch any of us out.

another demonstration of lack of common sense.

I see it on the road all the time, lack of thought about the consequences.

surely it must be obvious to drivers that the 4th floor jump is going to hurt, I guess driver figured suspension could handle it.