What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

15 hours ago, bkmbkk said:

My MSX is getting a well runnig YZ 125 engine swap + other goodies

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-21 at 18.49.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-05-02 at 14.50.27.jpeg

That's the best thing I've seen for ages. Always wondered what a decent 2 stroke engine would be like in my ksr. Hope it works out, I'd love something like that. 

I will update when done,

It might take a while as I have not put pressure on my friend .who is building it after my instructions.

It gets quite some attention when people discover what is going on.

It it is actually not overwhelming crazy, as I have seen a guy on youtube who put a 250 ccm dirtbike engine on his MSX.

Anyway - I plan to make at least as fun as my drag tuned Nova Dash and my 300 ccm Mio.

Back in LOS after 5 weeks in the UK on a family holiday.

Just brought these babies back in one of the suitcases.

Along with a genuine Yamaha crank puller (50 quid), genuine Yamaha workshop manual (50 quid!), two hand fulls of stainless fasteners, brake shoes (4), brake cables (2), new front mudguards (2), more tooling and lubricants for the machine shop, etc etc etc.

My missus loves traveling with me.....

032.thumb.jpg.a06ccb48d2e03b8a32c9a058411635e1.jpg

• Like 2

At the suggestion of my regular mechanic.

took ceeber150 in to Mityon Service centre  

on Pattaya Thai

to get valve lash set.

[shims]

They said leave for 3 hrs and B700

but turned out 4.5 hours B600.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, Rdrokit said:

And I bet she just loves you putting them on the kitchen counter. lol

What's wrong with that? Brand new fiberglass, never been on a bike....:cool:

Edited by thaiguzzi

7 minutes ago, idman said:

I told my Xmax I was going to be away for a few days but not to worry I would be back.  These Xmax scooters are so needy and have to constantly be told you love them.

That's fine.  Just don't do like a guy in the USA earlier this month:

" The police department of Newton, Kansas received a call about a naked man lying under a car. Upon arrival, the 24-year-old man wasn’t only naked but was attempting to have sex with the car. According to Lt. Scott Powell of the aforementioned police department, the man “was attempting to stick his penis into the tailpipe of the vehicle.” "

A lot of rain about in low the season, good luck and keep it under control in the wet.

By the way, didn't the chain break cause any undesirable issues at 150km/h - I don't know, slight jamming or impeding of the rare wheel and you could have grown wings and off the bike.... !?

(I had a belt broke on a rental scooter once at about 70km/h, but that had no effect fortunately and I stopped safely.)

On 18/05/2018 at 5:57 PM, Agusts said:

A lot of rain about in low the season, good luck and keep it under control in the wet.

By the way, didn't the chain break cause any undesirable issues at 150km/h - I don't know, slight jamming or impeding of the rare wheel and you could have grown wings and off the bike.... !?

(I had a belt broke on a rental scooter once at about 70km/h, but that had no effect fortunately and I stopped safely.)

No lucky enough the chain just dropped straight of no damage to anywhere on the bike,,,chain had only been fitted 2,000 km previous but it was a cheap crap chain and was giving me constant hassle kinking and stretching,the guy bought me out a heavy duty o ring chain and it’s been all good for last 1000 km.

• Like 1

Picked up a drunken friend one time with my Kawa H1. He was so pissed he managed to jam his heel between the chain and rear sprocket.

Tore his cowboy boot all to rat S  T. Nice puncture marks.

Rear wheel locked up - of course - but I caught it before we went down.

Still has those scars to this day. Before the days of O Ring chains, so the old 90W gear oil in a coffee can on the stove lube method.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...