Coldest time of the year expected next week

rooster59

Coldest time of the year expected next week

cold1.jpg

The Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) has predicted next week to be the coldest time of the year with the temperature is expected to drop 6-8 degree Celcius in the upper part of Thailand. The cold spell will also affect Bangkok.

The temperature in Bangkok and nearby provinces may come down below 20 degree Celcius.

TMD director general Wanchai Sakudomchai said during Dec 16-22 the upper part of Thailand will be generally cooler.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/coldest-time-year-expected-next-week/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-16

I would not take this advice lock, stock and barrel.

Cold spells could well prolonged into end January, as China's cold air flows southwards. The Chinese New Year, which is always the coldest time of the year in China, will be on February 16th.

5 hours ago, trogers said:

Cold spells could well prolonged into end January, as China's cold air flows southwards. The Chinese New Year, which is always the coldest time of the year in China, will be on February 16th.

January is next year.

6 hours ago, trogers said:

Chinese New Year is a lunar holiday. For example in 2012 it was Jan 23rd. I don't think "the Chinese New Year " can predict until when it's cold (at least not yet!) Many places in China are always cold in Jan, Feb and March.

15 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Finally ! The best time of year in Thailand. I can go outside a take a walk without sweating.

I agree Hooray  I can go walking any part of the day Bring it on I love it Also the colder it gets Thais stay in bed Just look at my 2 lazy step daughters they sleep all day Oops that is all year so i guess the cold is not an excuse really for them to sleep:cheesy:

22 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

So happy I built that fireplace last year.

We have one also. It's not used often but when it is it's "lovely." We really enjoy the warmth and just looking into the fire of wood burning. Let the cold begin.....

20151218_065906.jpg

Our Fireplace with Lao Tzu getting a heat on..jpg

Edited by selftaopath

23 hours ago, trogers said:

I was lucky enough to be working in China 2008 when the coldest winter in living memory happened, CNY as well. The country came to a standstill including my flight from Changsha to Guangzhou and I missed my connection to Bangkok. China Southern kindly put me up in no star hotel with no heating. It was reported there were 2 million people stranded at Guangzhou station.

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

I can go walking any part of the day

Not exactly . From 11-12 to 17-18 h it still gets above 30 C. :sad:

Unless there are persistent clouds , or you're highup in the mountains.

Edited by BuaBS

4 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Cold?  Sorry folks.....this is cold.....lol....??

IMG_6479.JPG

The two guys sitting in the seat in front look like they might already have passed on. Cause of death could be the wind chill factor or watching Hull City too much. 

In the mountains west of Chiang Mai it was 8 C this morning and I actually look forward to our trip to the south tomorrow. Still on medications for the chronic bronchitis, chilly weather knocks this 73 year old guy on his butt. Got the long johns out and a hat to keep both ends warm. thai-teak-housesale.com