Rayong Woman Locks Brother In Room – For 15 Years

webfact

Rayong Woman Locks Brother In Room – For 15 Years (Video)

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

ray.jpg

Paitun Kamwiratch, 30, in his room Tuesday in Rayong province.

RAYONG — For 15 years, Paitun Kamwiratch saw no one other than his sister and their landlord. Since 2002, Paitun was locked in a filthy room where he stared at the walls and sometimes listened to music.

Ever since Thaksin Shinawatra was prime minister, Paitun lived in what most neighbors thought was an abandoned house southeast of Bangkok in a seaside district of Rayong province. Once a day, his sister would unlock his room to give him food and water.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/12/27/rayong-woman-locks-brother-room-15-years-video/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-12-27

Its a sad story mental illness has often been hidden locked away, I hope he gets looked after.

Over the last 15 years Thailand has improved its mental health care. I have seen two people in different villages near me who were kept on chains for years, they now receive medication. One now walks the streets looking for dead dogs. Its not a good life for him but its better than being on a chain.

16 hours ago, Rhys said:

Lock up the family as well for doing that to one of their own..

Retribution wouldn't really accomplish anything. It would only bring more suffering into an unspeakably sad story. Hopefully this family’s pain has finally turned a corner, the brother will receive the help he needs, and all concerned are able to find some degree of peace.

"Police said on Wednesday that Supasiri was unlikely to face charges for locking up her brother.

“His sister didn’t act maliciously when she locked him up,” Col. Chakkarin Tuasuparp of Ban Chang Police said Wednesday. “No one in the village knew about this."

I wonder if it was the brother that locked up his sister , that he would get away with it.

9 hours ago, BuaBS said:

"Police said on Wednesday that Supasiri was unlikely to face charges for locking up her brother.

“His sister didn’t act maliciously when she locked him up,” Col. Chakkarin Tuasuparp of Ban Chang Police said Wednesday. “No one in the village knew about this."

I wonder if it was the brother that locked up his sister , that he would get away with it.

He'd be OK as long as he too wai'd at the health officials.

image.jpeg