Prices for inspection + tax + compulsory insurance for 6yr old 125cc scooter

Agusts

So my 6 year old 125cc scooter need a tax+insurance renewal (plus inspection as it is over 5 years now), I went to that place a bit further up opposite the fire station in Patong and the guy said 750 baht for everything and be ready the next day.

It sounded a bit too much to me, no idea how much the inspection is but tax and insurance are not that much. What is the approximate for each of these three items !?

(I don't mind riding up to the reg. office in Phuket town one day to do it myself, although still need somewhere to do the inspection thingy - bike is not modified in any way and works fine so that should be straight forward...! Although when I went to change the Green Book to my name they couldn't read the damn chassis number and sent me to a mechanic to open the whole front of the bike to get it.....doh, I hope they don't want to do that crazy thing again... !)

You can do the inspection at a place that the sign that you can see multiple times here:

At 00:30 they also show the price, which says 60thb for motorbike (maybe 80, can't see it clearly). Of course today and at phuket it's probably a bit more than that, but like this you have an orientation.

But 750 for everything sounds fair. Insurance is 430THB, tax is 100THB, if the price for the inspection in phuket would be 120THB this would mean he gets 100THB for the service (which takes you probably an hour)

Edited by jackdd

Thanks for the replies, I also now found out that the insurance is 324b (in the Green Book it says 124cc for this bike) and tax 101b but the inspection could be anything, from 60b to 150b..., either way it's not a big deal one way or other. If I do it myself I'll report back of the exact inspection cost. 

24 minutes ago, dictater said:

Not for me it means taking apart and restoring bike back to original specs. Last year they wanted the aftermarket exhaust, signals, mirrors etc... off in order to pass it. 

An extra 100 thb will probably save you from doing this ;)

9 hours ago, dictater said:

Not for me it means taking apart and restoring bike back to original specs. Last year they wanted the aftermarket exhaust, signals, mirrors etc... off in order to pass it. 

Give them the old parts. Tell them to replace the new stuff with the original, inspect, then put the new stuff back on and you'll pick up the lot in a couple hours.  500 Baht, wink, wink.

Edited by Damrongsak

All done, the inspection is 60b and the rest I stated (324+100). They didn't check the chassis on mine, but was doing it on another bike... ! Nothing  was really checked, just stuck a probe in the exhaust and that was it. But the girls inside between checking their makeup and their phone every 10 seconds managed to get one Thai character wrong on my number plate (I checked the numbers but didn't bother with the characters).... dooooh, learn.... !

So after 30min wait in the queue, the Transport office's old lady noticed it and sent me back, test center is very near and it didn't take long and although they had to do the test again (it's all computerized, can't just scratch and correct !), it was no charge and quick, as advised before I didn't wait in the T office queue again either, in and out the second time.

After that my shrimp dish for lunch came with chicken instead after I mentioned it twice and to two waitresses, oh well, what's the point, it's LOS. I wonder how these people manage to make this country such an economic powerhouse of Asia (half the stuff manufactured here are probably below standard or wrong and had to be discarded... !? Imagine all the errors in those characters and numbers that these people can throw up  .... )

Edited by Agusts