Best breakfast in Pattaya?

aussienam

I agree with a couple of the other posters that Pig n Whistle in Jomtien does a very good brekkie.  I'm a vegetarian so I like the bubble and squeak but my meat eating friends and family all love the bacon and sausages there.
Also the Continental Bakery opposite does a good variety of different breakfasts such as Swiss, Scottish, French, Texan etc.  Been going there for 14 years and whilst the breakfast menu hasn't changed it does mean that what they do is always consistent!  Lovely fresh bread too :-) They have 3 outlets.

• 9 months later...
On 1/14/2018 at 12:53 PM, lovelomsak said:

Just thought I would mention that what you call hash browns is actually broken frozen french fries that did not make the grade for FF so are cut up and packaged as hash browns,a by product of FF. Real hash browns are cold boiled potatoes cut up and fryed. But hey many people grew up with junk food as part of their diet and accept as real so I understand.

Still taste soooo great dead French fries or not!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

i think casa pascal on second rd is best--breakfast available until 2.30pm, so that does me for the day-almost...not so cheap though..

lek is ok for 150thb or 110 with discount coupon.

the best /cheapest, is Hood- half way up pratumnak hill, formery sl lounge--can get good breakfast for 99thb... hard to beat, i think..

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 6:13 PM, aussienam said:
On 1/14/2018 at 6:11 PM, watcharacters said:

Have you given any thought to asking if you can be allowed to cook your own meal in the resto?

LOL if I did that I may as well stay home and do it.  I would probably be done for illegally working as well!!!!  Cooking for me and then paying for me therefore working for me!

Why don’t you just go to your favourite restaurant and ask the boss if you can train the chef?

That way you get to educate the boss to buy in quality food stuffs and the chef learns how to cook it, and then when the word gets round they will be so busy everyday.

It’s got to be a winner don’t you think? Especially if you take someone with you who understands what you want and can tell them in Thai.

23 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Really, dont worry about it so much and just pile in all that Cholestoral on a daily basis.

Yes, a big cholesterol breakfast is good.

If a person has a controlled diet plan cholesterol laden foods are good for you.

Eggs, meats etc. are a good plan.

Sugar, carbs, high fats are bad.

I have tried both extensively and my blood numbers are much better on the first plan.

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I thought they started with the Bahtbuster when they opened...... but happy to stand corrected.

Did do at it's previous location but not since it moved to the Outback.

Still do a decent breakfast for 179baht (I think).

Edited by Spidey

It is probably just me but there is something strange about the taste of the breakfasts at Retox.

Maybe it is the oil not sure.  The breakfast meats also have a strange after taste I think.

Anyway, it is a lot of food and you can watch a game but I usually order something else now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It is probably just me but there is something strange about the taste of the breakfasts at Retox.

Maybe it is the oil not sure.  The breakfast meats also have a strange after taste I think.

Anyway, it is a lot of food and you can watch a game but I usually order something else now.

Yes the sausages have a sour taste

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharkie said:

Try the Pig n Whistle at Soi 7 if it hasn't been mentioned already. Best breakfast Ive had so far.

The sister bar opposite the bus station in Jontien is pretty good too.

Simons on Jontien Soi 5 was always my favourite but had breakfast there 2 days ago and not so great.

Sausages were meh (used to be the best) and black pudding cooked to death.

Retox has suffered the same fate with it's sausages and don't seem to do the 99 baht "bahtbuster" now.

I recently tried the Continental in Jomtien. About 100 yards past the bus station, there is a variety of national breakfasts. My Scottish brekky included a rosti (Swiss) and a small portion of rather limp potato cake.

Kippers are on the menu and some attractively priced bread and pastries are available to take home.

8 minutes ago, champers said:

I recently tried the Continental in Jomtien. About 100 yards past the bus station, there is a variety of national breakfasts. My Scottish brekky included a rosti (Swiss) and a small portion of rather limp potato cake.

Kippers are on the menu and some attractively priced bread and pastries are available to take home.

????

I have to admit I have no idea what you are talking about.

In other words meh?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

The problem for some is many of these places are "English breakfast".

That means bean, fried bread, black pudding.

None of that is on the menu where I come from, I dislike it.

Another thing for me is the coffee.  Many of these low cost places have instant coffee.

Tastes terrible.

With this for me the best place for price and food quality is Bake and Brew.

Fresh ground coffee, fresh OJ (not from a box).  All the meats and food are quality.

165 b more then enough food and it includes the "bread buffet" which has fresh homemade jams and butter.

Edited by bkk6060