Ford Ranger raptor

maxipeon

Yesterday was the presentation of the new ford ranger model:

2642926.jpg

2642930.jpg

The Ranger Raptor comes with a new 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel developing 213hp and 500Nm of torque. A10-speed automatic and four-wheel-drive. 
Price around 1M5 Baht.

what do you think about this?

• Like 1

It looks great! I would never buy one with this kind of wheel but still I like the style.

What really interest me here is the engine and gear box.... that sounds like a massive improvement compare to the 3.2l.

If only they could sell the Edge with this combo in Thailand, it would be a killer!

... and everyone else scrambles to catch up again.

I'm more looking forward to seeing if the new engines will proliferate down the range. I assume the 2.2 will be replaced by the 1.5 Puma and the 3.2 by a lower output 2.0 Puma currently used by the Transit in Europe.

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

At first glance I thought I like that. But a closer look at those tires and I thought about the noise they would make, also slow speed one would have to do. Last but not least the price 1.5mil: You can get the top of the range Everest or Fortuner for that sort of monies. Nice looking lump but to pricy for a pick up.  

Top everest / tuna are close to 1.8.

I reckon the raptor is good value - but its 320mm wider than the standard ranger and almost as wide as a F150. It's huge and probably not practical for suburban areas. 

• 1 month later...
Not my style of truck, if I wasn't planning to go 'off-road'. Something that most; never will and seriously underpowered compared to the U.S original. Nothing more than a cart for dreamers.

There's no replacement for displacement.

Jerry
price is slightly different tho. I'd be quite happy with 500nm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

price is slightly different tho. I'd be quite happy with 500nm

If that's what you're looking for, I don't disagree. However, I would question, how much of that is available in real situations.

The new trend (from a lot of manufacturers nowadays) is to achieve; high power outputs and high torque levels from smaller displacements. Presently, I view them as 'all go' with no finesse.

I'm actually more interested in the Stang options here. In June, or there-about. At least (some) options appear to be the same as in the U.S. Although, I may wait until Trump imposes tariffs on rice (and such) before I buy.

Jerry

9 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

sounds interesting! I guess not the 4 pot version..

back to the Raptor, anyone know the price?

Depends what's on offer when it's launched here. Ford dealership wasn't very forthcoming when I asked about V6 option.

He did mention that he expected the price of a Raptor to be around 1.5 million and Stangs up to 4.

Jerry

Depends what's on offer when it's launched here. Ford dealership wasn't very forthcoming when I asked about V6 option.
He did mention that he expected the price of a Raptor to be around 1.5 million and Stangs up to 4.

Jerry
I saw a post on the raptor saying between 1.6 and 1.7. pretty steep. Really, anything over 1.65 is going to put alot of buyers off imo. Then again the drive chain and suspension are in a different league to the Wildtrak.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, faraday said:

Bought a Wildtrak about a year ago, cost just under 1mil. It's an amazing vehicle with loads of torque.

When I hear the Raptor was coming out, I was interested.

Then I saw the price!

There is no price yet. it will be announced at the Motorshow.I would guess it will be 1.6 to 1.7M, especially if it is taxed with the passenger car rate.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, faraday said:

Bought a Wildtrak about a year ago, cost just under 1mil. It's an amazing vehicle with loads of torque.

When I hear the Raptor was coming out, I was interested.

Then I saw the price!

Bought my Wildtrack 2 years ago and it cost a little over 1.2 million. Could have got a pre-ordered one that would have saved me about 50,000 THB as it was registered before the tax increase. Wrong color. So, not worth the saving. What a difference a year can make.

I think the Raptor offered to Thailand will sell well. At only a few hundred thousand above the Wildtrack price it's a steal for what is likely to be the 'flagship' truck of the land. Nothing else comes close to its looks and performance and it's unlikely to be surpassed any time soon.

Folks will pay a premium for something that lets them 'showboat' . Evidenced by the meteoric rise in Mercedes over the past few of years.

There's also more access to information via numerous forms of media. Folks can see what's available around the world and it whets their appetite.

Jerry

• Like 1

If that's what you're looking for, I don't disagree. However, I would question, how much of that is available in real situations.

The new trend (from a lot of manufacturers nowadays) is to achieve; high power outputs and high torque levels from smaller displacements. Presently, I view them as 'all go' with no finesse.

I'm actually more interested in the Stang options here. In June, or there-about. At least (some) options appear to be the same as in the U.S. Although, I may wait until Trump imposes tariffs on rice (and such) before I buy.

Jerry
Americans... finesse... LoL!

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I am waiting to see the first Ranger Raptor in the parking lot at Makro where the owner has ditched the stock, off-road wheels and suspension for some 20" chromed, low-profile rubber, plastic flares and a 2" lift by Somchai in Banbueng.

one would have to have rocks in their head to ditch the very expensive FOX suspension and replace it with inferior cheap (which wont be cheap !!) Thai crap.

Edited by Techno Viking

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Saw one in Udon last Saturday....huge great big thing.

Wouldn't buy one, way too big for driving in town.

Maybe what you saw was an F-150 Raptor. Seem regular F-150's, Tundra's, Denali's and the like that come over from Laos on weekends.

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe what you saw was an F-150 Raptor. Seem regular F-150's, Tundra's, Denali's and the like that come over from Laos on weekends.

Ahh, yes that's what it was, an F150. How anyone could drive the damn thing in traffic, I don't know.

1.7M, the only thing missing is radar cruise control and lane departure warning that's been in both Ranger Wildtrack and top end Everest, not a deal breaker but hopefully that'll be in the revision to soften the eventual price increase.

Also good to see the locking tailgate that has disappeared from the Wildtrack in the model change

Considering that this'll be a 'toy' for the well off, the alternatives are Fortuners and Everest that's already around this price point anyway