Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram

webfact

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Call it what you want but just saying a child born abroad can not have 2 birth certificates. My kids have certificates of being registered but don't have UK birth certificates, as they were not born there.

On theit cert. It has in no.4, claim to citizenship, S2(1)(a) British nationality act, and in no.8, S11(1) British nationality act 1981

If you don't believe me, phone the UK embassy.

I think you're mistaken on what a Birth Certificate actually is .......... as was I in a way.

Consular Birth Certificate is equivalent of Long form Birth Certificate ....... neither has "Birth Certificate" written on them but both show citizenship entitlement for you and your children.

Short form Birth Certificate, only available in the UK has "Certificate of Birth" written on it, doesn't show citizenship type and is not valid as proof your children are entitled to British citizenship.

I don't need to phone the Embassy as I have about 20 assorted UK Birth Certificates in front of me.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What you mean is a "consular birth registration certificate ", which is not a UK birth certificate. Usually the registering of the birth is enough, for use if your son wants to go to school in the UK, for example.

Btw, there is no certifying body for translators in Thailand. I have translated documents myself, signed them and they've been accepted by the MoFA.

Not so. What I posted was from the official embassy website.

What THEY actually mean I have not idea as I have not registered a child since 2004.

For a better or official information, the best thing is to contact the embassy directly which is something that I have no need to do.

I merely looked up and posted the link.

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What THEY actually mean I have not idea as I have not registered a child since 2004.

For a better or official information, the best thing is to contact the embassy directly which is something that I have no need to do.

What is not so? I don't know why I bother sometimes.

1 hour ago, WHYWHY said:

Here's my story and its true 

In last year ive been bullied and Harassed at work to the point where i went on sick leave.

Then work decided that they don't have to pay me while on sick leave.

I've had bank threatening to take my house and my car 

I cant pay my bills in full I pay what i can when i can 

I had no money for food or to pay bills I had a sad Christmas and New Year 

I'm doing best I can I'm not asking for hand outs 

Can't you get a new job, or sell the car? There's always a way, but we sometimes don't see it. How long have you been living like that? 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What is not so? I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Some people just refuse to be wrong, if if they know it. You are correct about a Thai/UK kid not getting two birth certificates. Just ignore Bill and the other guy, or better put them on ignore. They know not what they speak! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I think you're mistaken on what a Birth Certificate actually is .......... as was I in a way.

Consular Birth Certificate is equivalent of Long form Birth Certificate ....... neither has "Birth Certificate" written on them but both show citizenship entitlement for you and your children.

Short form Birth Certificate, only available in the UK has "Certificate of Birth" written on it, doesn't show citizenship type and is not valid as proof your children are entitled to British citizenship.

I don't need to phone the Embassy as I have about 20 assorted UK Birth Certificates in front of me.

No idea why you have 20 certificates but my kids can only have one BC, in the country they were born, duh.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WHYWHY said:

In last year ive been bullied and Harassed at work to the point where i went on sick leave.

See a lawyer at the Dept of Labour. You can get them for free. You'll find you are entitled to pay while sick.

Or get another job.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

No idea why you have 20 certificates but my kids can only have one BC, in the country they were born, duh.

I have my own BC (both short and full). my 5 children's, my parents (2), grandparents (4) and great grandparents (8), plus a few from further back.

That works out at just over 20 ......... 

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Can't you get a new job, or sell the car? There's always a way, but we sometimes don't see it. How long have you been living like that? 

Its been almost a year 

I was just saying we all have our story to tell 

I could but where i live need a car no public transportation 

Things will get better 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHYWHY said:

Its been almost a year 

Things will get better 

Where I live no public transportation either.  

I can't drive.

So I ride a bicycle... great for exercise and getting sunlight, meeting people.. all of which are proven to help depression and stress and will make us healthier.

You are right, most people have had bad times in their lives.  Things will get better for you I am sure.  Sometimes things are more difficult and complicated than other people realise.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Comparing the two,

At the top,

From the UK ......... Entry of Birth, Registration District xxxxx.

From the consul ........ Birth within the district of the British Consul xxxxx.

At the bottom of the forms, "I certify this is a true copy of an entry in the register"

Can't see any reason to describe either as anything other than a "Birth Certificate"

As for attending government school in the UK, the only requirement is you live in the catchment area, nationality is not an issue, length of residence is not an issue. If you live there during term time, it's a legal requirement your children attend.

Most of what you write is correct. However it is Not a legal requirement for a child 

to attend school. It is only a legal requirement that they are educated. 

We returned to live in the U.K early January. After a 10 day period the education authority, allocated my son a place in a local school. He attended for only 3days, by which time, we realized how low a standard the school was, and so we withdraw him. We now home school him until we can enroll him in a decent school.An official from the education department visited us last week, to make sure that he is being educated, and while here, she did mention that there are now Many children who are home schooled, probably due to the fact that while there is support for those children who are not making the grades, those who are above their level are held back. 

6 hours ago, WHYWHY said:

Are you for real?  

Thailand or outside Thailand?

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Phone calls are not expensive and can slice through a lot of questions..

• Like 1

An email is good enough for me from the UK govt.

Thank you for your email.

We provide what’s called a consular birth registration – it’s not a birth certificate and does not replace your child’s local birth certificate. It does however register your child’s birth overseas with the General Register Office.

Please use the link below to take you to our website where you can follow the instructions in order to apply for a birth registration

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth/y

Kind regards

Hinna

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Phone calls are not expensive and can slice through a lot of questions..

I repeat I have no need to know what is happening. I merely offered a link to the embassy website.

If you need to know, then I suggest that you make the phone calls and not me.

4 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Some people just refuse to be wrong, if if they know it. You are correct about a Thai/UK kid not getting two birth certificates. Just ignore Bill and the other guy, or better put them on ignore. They know not what they speak! 

Did you enjoy reading my 14,xxx posts over the last 13 years or so as claim to have done?

BTW how is your rating (ranting perhaps) against mine?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WHYWHY said:

Its been almost a year 

Things will get better 

Things here do not always get better, I truly hope for you, they will. Enjoy life, it can be shorter than expected. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

I repeat I have no need to know what is happening. I merely offered a link to the embassy website.

You never merely said that -  you claimed that your son had a UK birth certificate, totally misleading, wrong information, like  Notabury, MaeJo..., Grovehill...

Strange, none of you have admitted being wrong after Neernam posted a letter with the correct information.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

An email is good enough for me from the UK govt.

Thank you for your email.

We provide what’s called a consular birth registration – it’s not a birth certificate and does not replace your child’s local birth certificate. It does however register your child’s birth overseas with the General Register Office.

Please use the link below to take you to our website where you can follow the instructions in order to apply for a birth registration

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth/y

Kind regards

Hinna

Good on you for taking the time to prove those spouting nonsense about having two birth certificates wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You never merely said that -  you claimed that your son had a UK birth certificate, totally misleading, wrong information, like  Notabury, MaeJo..., Grovehill...

Strange, none of you have admitted being wrong after Neernam posted a letter with the correct information.

At the end of the day, if they are happy thinking their kids have a UK birth certificate, that's fine. 

It like people thinking they have a pink Thai ID card, when they actually have a pink non-Thai ID card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2018 at 6:46 PM, billd766 said:

Sorry if I offended you.

I was merely pointing out that a phone call is sometimes the easiest solution to issues with bands and government offices and etc..   I make them without concern of cost versus not making them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Sorry if I offended you.

I was merely pointing out that a phone call is sometimes the easiest solution to issues with bands and government offices and etc..   I make them without concern of cost versus not making them.

Thank you but there was no need to apologise as I was not offended.

A lot of this stuff is messy and I usually find that If I email or snail mail I usually get a written answer which I can refer to in the future, but with a phone call unless it is recorded, and the other person agrees to it being recorded, I have to rely on my memory, which in the short term is not as good as my long term memory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Thank you but there was no need to apologise as I was not offended.

A lot of this stuff is messy and I usually find that If I email or snail mail I usually get a written answer which I can refer to in the future, but with a phone call unless it is recorded, and the other person agrees to it being recorded, I have to rely on my memory, which in the short term is not as good as my long term memory.

I know exactly where you are coming from

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 4:31 PM, colinneil said:

Sorry he has lived here 30 years, and has made no provision for his old age.

I am paraplegic, my wife has to take care of all my needs, yes even toilet.

Do i go am the internet begging? no just get on with it.

at least we dont need to read his crap on here daily

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2018 at 8:32 AM, khwaibah said:

Make me ask ..What is his official status for visa and does Buriram Immigration know?

Why would you even care? What difference does his visa status make to the quality of your life? Do you also want to know what colour underpants he wears on a Monday?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1