Tourists run for their lives as fire sweeps through Indian restaurant kitchen in Pattaya

webfact

Tourists run for their lives as fire sweeps through Indian restaurant kitchen in Pattaya

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

Tnews reported that Thai and foreign tourists dashed for the exit as fire engulfed the kitchen at the Khana Khazana Indian restaurant on Pattaya Sai 2 road.

Staff initially tried to contain the blaze using a fire extinguisher but that proved impossible.

Three fire engines attended the scene and the blaze was extinguished in 15 minutes.

The fire is believed to have started when an extractor fan caught fire igniting oil residue in a vent.

Three people were taken to hospital after inhaling smoke. A dog was also hurt from smoke inhalation.

The fire occurred about 5.30pm though Tnews omitted the day, believed to be Tuesday.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-21

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I'm concerned about the dog.  What was it doing in the kitchen of an Indian restaurant?   ......oh.

Not on menu. There to catch rats I'd guess

I was relieved not my fave Indian restaurant. Wednesday is the day I go for delish food every week

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Come on admit it, you're all looking at the girls in the shorts !

Not me, don't fancy the one on the motorbike,
the middle one probably ok some years back,
but the other one that did not have time to put a shirt on while outrunning the fire sweeping the kitchen fan looks nice for now, ( especially since she seems not to be wearing high heels what would be unusual for a LB as assumed above ), at least on a unfocused telephone quality photo around sunset.

Edited by KKr

What dreadful reporting - I stood across from this incident and there was certainly no tourists running anywhere, no panic and no one running for their life. It was a minor fire but given its location, there was much blowing of whistles and arm waving from motorbike taxi drivers and the boys in brown alike. 

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That is why, in the nanny states, they have Health & Safety standards.

Cleaning of extraction ducting being high on the list of fire prevention in restaurants.

Silly Westerners !!!

Yep.

Ya gotta hate that nanny state  Health and Safety standards.     Many member detest nanny state things.   It's better to run for your life towards a fire escape that you discover is LOCKED..:post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That is why, in the nanny states, they have Health & Safety standards.

Cleaning of extraction ducting being high on the list of fire prevention in restaurants.

Silly Westerners !!!

I believe it, but I have never seen such cleaning ever take place