Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

Is it acceptable to have photoshopped insulting pictures of former prime ministers on TV? I bet if I posted a similar picture of Netanyahu I would be given a suspension. The man was wrong about weapons of mass destruction (though Saddam DID have Sarin). He was right about much else. Drop it. 

https://goo.gl/images/MnMaEB

Drop Blair, you mean?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Wrong. The UK has an opt out. Not sure about Denmark; I'll check

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-outs_in_the_European_Union

Yes, totally incorrect.

According to documents from the Commission meeting in mid May 2017 all EU member states will be required to adopt the Euro as the currency, your opt outs was dated 2014, the date set for this is 2025, by which time we will be long gone, Denmark and Sweden will no doubt be watching our position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nong38 said:

According to documents from the Commission meeting in mid May 2017 all EU member states will be required to adopt the Euro as the currency, your opt outs was dated 2014, the date set for this is 2025, by which time we will be long gone, Denmark and Sweden will no doubt be watching our position.

hope dies last.

5 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Denmark and Sweden are unlikely to accept it and if the UK were in the EU they certainly wouldn't accept it and it would be thrown out.  I still expect it to be rejected.  At the moment it is a proposal isn't it?

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think you've lost the debate when you resort to saying those with the opposing view must lack knowledge.

Ad hominem attacks are on the same level as "you lost, get over it" so both sides have lost......

.... which, thinking about it, is probably very true, neither side is going to get what they wanted.

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Denmark and Sweden are unlikely to accept it and if the UK were in the EU they certainly wouldn't accept it and it would be thrown out.  I still expect it to be rejected.  At the moment it is a proposal isn't it?

Surely it's better to leave now with some dignity, rather than be kicked out for not adopting the Euro?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Yes whatever the deal is. If for some reason the deal was not acceptable and we then consider staying, Barnier says we can change our mind up to the end of the transition period, it would be a mistake, our influence would be less than now and its not much now, we would be treated like a naughty little boy who belongs in the corner, they would still want our money and our armed forces though. 

We have decided to leave and we now have to make the best of it, I am optimistic that we can, although no one knows what tomorrow will bring.

Interesting little rider is that in 1975 I voted to join for he future of my children, in the recent referendum my children voted to leave. I don't know it was the Song Contest or the Champions League that swayed them!!

We have already agreed that we will continue to pay into the EU after we leave and we have also committed troops in return for the same commitment from the EU.

I do like your "little rider".  I think the Eurovision Song Contest is a strong argument for leaving :smile: 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nauseus said:

All EU members will eventually have to adopt the single currency. Past and present EU leaders have already declared this aim. If Brexit fails and if the UK stays a member of it, the EU will power on to full economic union and much more centralization of power. Brexit will probably be the last chance to retain the pound. 

If the UK stays a full member can they not veto this?

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A good singer but the answer to Grouse's question is the guy was called Watt Tyler.

The question for Grouse is why, where and when and what happened to him.

Didn't end well for him - who is is current day equivalent ?

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

sorry, I clicked send by mistake while doing an alteration, my keyboard is up the spout so I am using a screen keyboard, have to get used to it first, can't have an important sender like mine to be offline.

Oh dear never mind natural justice 5555555555555

27 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A good singer but the answer to Grouse's question is the guy was called Watt Tyler.

Also it was NOT a pedants revolt but a peasants revolt..

Obviously Grouse's higher education levels are sadly lacking.

It's a bloody joke!!

Watt Tyler

Which Tyler? Pedants?

Jesus

Better stick to low level stuff that Brexiters might understand

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Also it was NOT a pedants revolt but a peasants revolt..

Obviously Grouse's higher education levels are sadly lacking.

Not the first time the pedant has made a cow of it and himself

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I see May wants us to join the Americans in bombarding Syria, unfortunately the EU can't stop her.

And the same can be said of France. Germany and most of the other countries,Who sensible intend to keep out of this mess caused initially by Tony WMD Blair.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

All EU members will eventually have to adopt the single currency. Past and present EU leaders have already declared this aim. If Brexit fails and if the UK stays a member of it, the EU will power on to full economic union and much more centralization of power. Brexit will probably be the last chance to retain the pound. 

Wrong. There is no time limit on Denmark and U.K. Opting out. Certainly Brussels would like all EU countries to join the EU but this cannot be demanded.

• Like 2