Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

23 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Still not old enough to vote.

Your interest in me is pure nosiness, debate the topic not me, I am not the slightest bit interested in your age or circumstance but I am interested in your point of view, if you think that makes me the immature one then you're off your rocker.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What is American there?

"Crock"....Even though in the UK I was involved with USA stuff I have NEVER heard the term "crock", which we all know is a USA term for rubbish...."Crock of shit"...

Come clean now....

5 minutes ago, transam said:

"Crock"....Even though in the UK I was involved with USA stuff I have NEVER heard the term "crock", which we all know is a USA term for rubbish...."Crock of shit"...

Come clean now....

maybe he is north american.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Come clean now....

The British expression, a crock, coming from the Scottish term for an old horse, implying broken, is quite separate from the American expression of a crock of shit, coming from the notion crockery full of shit, implying lots of it.

I really don't have to come clean for knowing my language much better than you, it is already evident.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

The British expression, a crock, coming from the Scottish term for an old horse, implying broken, is quite separate from the American expression of a crock of shit, coming from the notion crockery full of shit, implying lots of it.

I really don't have to come clean for knowing my language much better than you, it is already evident.

So you stated "What an old horse"....Oh well....It is a USA term, are you from the USA...?

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

they are quite likely to get another referendum in the future

Some believe article 50 is not reversible some believe it is maybe because of this kind of logic.

Snippet :-

If the article 50 rule stands as irreversible and that legal logic held up in further cases, it would fundamentally alter the negotiating position of the UK government in its exit dealings with the EU.

Basically, the advantage would now lie with the EU.

The EU would know that the UK will be ejected from the union in two years time in a "hard Brexit" even if no deal is reached.

There is nothing the UK can do to stop that.

The EU retains the power to decline any deal and let the clock run out — at which point the UK is out with no deal.

Let war begin.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It didn't end in 1975, the disappointment, argument and debate continued right up to till they got their way and had another referendum in 2016, and just the same, the disappointment, argument and debate continues since 2016, and they are quite likely to get another referendum in the future, increasingly likely.

Not sure why you took my first comment seriously, it was obviously a light hearted throw away response to yet another survey; now we have people arguing about the meaning of the word  “crock”

I think everyone is getting too wound up, and this thread is starting to disappear up its own backside

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I did and I believed that I was right.

In 2016 I knew that I was wrong back then, but I had to wait those 40 years until I could change my decision into a leave vote.

Yeah well we know why it was left so long because they believed the vote for stay would be the over whelming result.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, transam said:

So you stated "What an old horse"....Oh well....It is a USA term, are you from the USA...?

No, it is a Scottish term for an old horse and is used to mean broken or rubbish, the American term has the word shit in it, does not share the same etymology. but also is used to mean rubbish.  I am sure its all a but difficult for you to understand, especially as you've only had it explained to you twice.

7 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

There are many instances of use of expressions from other countries that have become common usage. Why does it surprise you?

Because after reading stuff on TVF for many years some folk do slip up regarding readers thinking posters are countrymen when perhaps they are not...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Because after reading stuff on TVF for many years some folk do slip up regarding readers thinking posters are countrymen when perhaps they are not...

Can't imagine caring where other posters are from

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, it is a Scottish term for an old horse and is used to mean broken or rubbish, the American term has the word shit in it, does not share the same etymology. but also is used to mean rubbish.  I am sure its all a but difficult for you to understand, especially as you've only had it explained to you twice.

One to remember.....Wonder why the USA use it a lot...Old Scots horses I suppose...

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Used in every horse racing country. Of course there is crock pot and crock of shit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Not sure why you took my first comment seriously, it was obviously a light hearted throw away response to yet another survey; now we have people arguing about the meaning of the word  “crock”

I think everyone is getting too wound up, and this thread is starting to disappear up its own backside

Indeed. The previous main Brexit went for nearly 1000 pages before being shut down due to a discussion on British cars!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I never post on anything to do with Trump....Why, it is for USA folk to understand and chat...:stoner:

pretty narrow outlook, especially when it concerns a man that could affect the future of the entire world. and in Britain's case even more so, given their propensity to pull a "blair" and kiss up to america so embarasingly.

Just now, Grouse said:

Indeed. The previous main Brexit went for nearly 1000 pages before being shut down due to a discussion on British cars!

Did you see that e-type Hassa was driving on Saturday? ?