Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

11 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I still can't understand how so called British people still want to reverse the democratic referendum. Also those still winging on wanting to reverse the decision and quite frankly are happy to see the UK to lose jobs and businesses to prove a point. how very patriotic those posters are.

Whether you agree or not you should be behind your country, buying British and wanting the best for your country. If you are unhappy vote at the next election for the idiots (IMO) for Corbyn or Cable.

In a Thai forum and Thai's have their own problem but one thing they do have it national pride and unity. Its something that many British would do good to mirror.

Utter nonsense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel, Samuel Johnson 1775.

The graveyards are full of patriots and a land fit for heroes never existed, they get a free poppy though.

I like that, very much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Us? you personally never had any power in the first place.

You are correct in the philosophical sense, but I am concerned with

the legal entity of 'us' where we do have the power of the vote.

'People power' can make changes.  Remember the poll tax riots?

Sadly, that power we had is being removed daily by government.

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

The UK is leaving the fraudulent..corrupt..autocratic..eu which is run by unelected jobsworths..who gave them the power that they have??

Why don't the remoaners accept defeat gracefully and get on with supporting the UK now.??

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Because we are smart and see what the Cons are up to. Would you like a biscuit?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

S/bundy..who does not consider 52/48 a viable majority???
A difference of 4 seems clear enough to me.
Would you like the best of 3..5..7..9..etc???
Matter of interest..are you British and if so did you use your vote in the referendum

One more point..I would love the Govt to have a massive clear out of civil service jobsworths!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Pathetic

That may be true, but before it is, it seems perfectly reasonable for the people that think it was mistake and that the voting process was badly tainted to attempt by any legal means to either reverse it or try to influence things to make it less of a mistake in practice. 

I disagree to some extent with this. We are still have parliamentary sovereignty which is where the ultimate power should reside to decide on this. Unless the Conservatives are allowed to continue and negotiate some sort of deal so we can get a clear picture of what a future outside the EU would look like this whole question is not going to go away.

The current questions over campaign fraud are serious and do need addressing and it would do TM credit to announce a public enquiry so that it can be dealt with separately and proper legal action taken where required.

My concern at present is the Tory plan to leave the EU next March before we know what the negotiated plan is so there is less room to turn back - wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with yet another leadership battle after the local elections in May as the Cons will do badly, partly due to the nature/demographics of the elections themselves, and trouble causers on the right will pin this in TM.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Because we are smart and see what the Cons are up to. Would you like a biscuit?

The UK also had a fascist movement and a communist party who thought they were smart, these folk were Brits with their view on stuff. The UK voted for their view on stuff and the view was to get back to controlling ourselves.

No good you crying and want another vote because it didn't go your way.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I still can't understand how so called British people still want to reverse the democratic referendum. Also those still winging on wanting to reverse the decision and quite frankly are happy to see the UK to lose jobs and businesses to prove a point. how very patriotic those posters are.

Whether you agree or not you should be behind your country, buying British and wanting the best for your country. If you are unhappy vote at the next election for the idiots (IMO) for Corbyn or Cable.

In a Thai forum and Thai's have their own problem but one thing they do have it national pride and unity. Its something that many British would do good to mirror.

We had a referendum  in 1975 why have you reversed that one? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Isn't wanting to belong to the EU patriotic. You are contradicting yourself with the quote and supporting the EU.

Some things are worth fighting for.

No it's not patriotic, it is realizing that we are all brothers and sisters under the skin.

Nothing is worth getting killed for, you and your family get nothing out of it. Shooting someone in war might look good on the Hollywood screen but the person killing has to live with that for the rest of their lives, it is against all natural instinct for the average person to kill. During WW2 it was found by the American army's subsequent investigation that only 25% of front line soldiers actually shot in the general direction of the enemy and only 1% shot to kill. The German army had a name for the reluctance of the average German recruit to kill, it was said they had 'frostbite fingers' ie. a reluctance to pull the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No it's not patriotic, it is realizing that we are all brothers and sisters under the skin.

Nothing is worth getting killed for, you and your family get nothing out of it. Shooting someone in war might look good on the Hollywood screen but the person killing has to live with that for the rest of their lives, it is against all natural instinct for the average person to kill. During WW2 it was found by the American army's subsequent investigation that only 25% of front line soldiers actually shot in the general direction of the enemy and only 1% shot to kill. The German army had a name for the reluctance of the average German recruit to kill, it was said they had 'frostbite fingers' ie. a reluctance to pull the trigger.

There's a fine line between patriotism and nationalism.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes, we're all backing Britain....... Over a cliff.

Democracy is government of the people by the people for the people. It says nothing about mob rule, how they feel on one.particular day or referenda.   

What astounds me is how simplistic some people are in their lack of understanding of how democracies work.

I see it in Thailand, but I never thought I'd see it in places like UK  and USA.

We haven't been sitting on a bombshell but dumb-shell.

Anyone with a modicum of patriotism should be working hard to prevent this Brexit disaster.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

There's a fine line between patriotism and nationalism.

They are both the same to me, both lead to jingoism. You can love your country, its way of life, its customs, its scenery as long as this doesn't mean a disrespect of those who are different.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:46 AM, aright said:

One year until the Article 50 deadline – and we'd still probably vote for Brexit

image.png.06930797b2abd731f1efee6d7b94391d.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/28/one-year-article-50-deadline-still-probably-vote-brexit/

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That may be true, but before it is, it seems perfectly reasonable for the people that think it was mistake and that the voting process was badly tainted to attempt by any legal means to either reverse it or try to influence things to make it less of a mistake in practice. 

Did you miss something?

• Like 1