Thailand dart board ban goes NATIONWIDE - bars urged to get registered

webfact

About bloody time this heinous, ghastly activity was banned! Thank you O great and wise unelected ones!

Just a minute! "darts" misread it as "farts" O dear...................................................:shock1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Cards,Dartboards, that must mean the Domino's

will be next on the list,followed quickly by Tiddlywinks.

regards worgeordie

Not forgetting marbles and jacks. 

Of course the officials have lost their marbles - but that's a different story. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Are private dart boards exempt ?
I've just started teaching my Thai nephew (9), to play, in an effort to improve his Mental Arithmetic.

Without a work permit I'll bet.

????.

Do not pass go and do not collect 200 pounds. Salt mines for you my man.

• Haha 1

Anybody ever tried explaining what cribbage is all about to one of these clowns?

Tried to explain about 15 years ago when one of the then, uniformly dressed in tracksuit bottoms, under cover police though he was onto a winner because he saw the deck of cards being shuffled on a bar by two farangs. He ended up running away shaking his head as the rules of crib were explained to him................:smile:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Scrabble.

Only a matter of time.

And after they have painted themselves into a corner and can't find any more games that require money changing hands for a licence.....where will they go next for their bunce ?

Looks like the days of beer mats and stubbies are numbered.

• Like 1

Just now, RichardColeman said:

Just wait till they ban the restaurant chain Domino's Pizza for promoting gambling !!

In my time I have seen cards,dominoes tiddlywinks,yodelling,yawping,beer pretties,humping and virtually everything else banned.

Fun place,innit?

• Like 2

Out of interest I checked the TDA site and they talk about the form you need to register but there doesn't appear to be a link to it. Probably not created yet. Or perhaps you can just send an email. Clear as mud but at least the TDA are trying and do seem to be unhappy about this, judging by the tone of their message.

My regular backgammon partner will be coming to Thailand soon. I'd better hope they don't add this to the naughty game list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Failure to register dart boards may result in a fine or the board being confiscated,

There will be new Dart leagues starting up in each major city.  Buy your beer at the 7/11 and head over to the nearest Police Station.  

In America, we are fond of Dog Racing.  Perhaps we could rid the streets of strays using the same logic.

Edited by TonyClifton
  • Haha 1

The whole thing is ridiculous.  Thais and people can and often do bet on any thing.  Trying to tie that with a board game, a card game, etc. is just foolish.  Growing up we played cards, gin, canasta, cribbage, and we did not play for money.  It was just an activity.  Of course there are money tournaments and matches for chess and bridge and hundreds of other things, but that doesn't mean you can't play for fun.

• Like 1