Honda Forza 300

Badrabbit

I went to the show on Sunday and sat on both the forza and Xmax. Have pictures on my phone.. but I’m 190cm tall.  (6’2-3ish). I like the look and slightly narrower Forza.  However my knees are about an inch closer to touching the dash area.  I’d guess a 2-3inch gap on the forza and 3-4 on the xmax.  Both are fine unless you want to open the dash cubby hole..then a little wiggle of the left knee may be needed. 169k baht forza vs 168k baht xmax.  I’m leaning towards the forza, but didn’t put my money down (yet).

On 3/21/2018 at 11:40 AM, Rdrokit said:

I can see English is not your first language.

Why would anyone want a scooter that weights 200kg. The good thing about a scooter is that it is maneuverable in traffic. The Stallions 400 weighs 160kg and is more maneuverable in traffic than the Forza and has a higher top speed.  The Stallions 400 is not an old motorcycle. It has only been in production for one year. The engine is a copy of a Honda XBR 500 with fuel injection instead of a carburetor like the XBR had. I guess if someone does not know how to drive a motorcycle with gears and a clutch than buy a Forza with a CVT transmission.

I think I'll never understand why grown men drive such plastic bombers..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Yep , that is why I like it , what is so wrong in driving in comfort , at 71 I have no wish any longer to ride with my chin on the tank and clip ons sticking out of the fronl wheel hub !

Most comfortable , economic , good mid range torque machine I have ever had .

Let's see. There are some valid points when considering to drive a bike that has got more than 300 cc...

1. The horsepowers, especially those you'll need to accelerate to avoid a crash.

2. The sound. ( Listen to a Harley, then to a Forzza..)

3. The feeling to be one with the bike.

4. Driving around with some mates.

5. Knowing a good mechanic. 

Just to understand what I mean, please see my last bike attached

My bike.jpg

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1

My apologies, I was only trying to understand why Forzas are so popular, won't comment anymore, sorry.

Jenny2017, you know me quite well and I must say they are a good comfortable ride with enough starting/stopping power for Thai touring weekends etc. A few local SSK guys have them (ex-Bikers) and they are all pleased with them.
Didn’t think I’d ever ‘stick-up’ for big-scooters, but the easy riding is actually quite enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Jenny2017, you know me quite well and I must say they are a good comfortable ride with enough starting/stopping power for Thai touring weekends etc. A few local SSK guys have them (ex-Bikers) and they are all pleased with them.
Didn’t think I’d ever ‘stick-up’ for big-scooters, but the easy riding is actually quite enjoyable.

Not sure what an SSK guy is. But I do not know many ex bikers, which are people who have ridden bikes most of there lives that would not own a Forza as their primary bike. Unless they very old an could not ride a real bike. I do have a ex biker friend who does have a Forza but he has arthritis in his joints and needs a comfortable ride and no clutch as his hands can not handle a clutch. I have a scooter but it is my secondary bike. I guess it is a personal choice and whatever makes you happy go for it..

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I get it, mate. Then please call me old fashioned because a bike should come in a certain form and it should produce a particular sound. Having two bigger cylinders, or four, or six smaller ones, changes a lot in my opinion. 

My apologies to all who've got such a bike, I just don't see them as a real bike.

But that, on the other hand, is my own problem. No insult to anybody who's driving such a scooter. 

Peace. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Not sure what an SSK guy is. But I do not know many ex bikers, which are people who have ridden bikes most of there lives that would not own a Forza as their primary bike. Unless they very old an could not ride a real bike. I do have a ex biker friend who does have a Forza but he has arthritis in his joints and needs a comfortable ride and no clutch as his hands can not handle a clutch. I have a scooter but it is my secondary bike. I guess it is a personal choice and whatever makes you happy go for it..

SSK simply means a Sisaket guy, methinks. 

Unfortunately, times are changing and there's no more MC and the times seem to be over where a few people on bigger bikes went for a ride. 

You hardly see a big bike these days, but I hope that this will change in the near future. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

My apologies to all who've got such a bike, I just don't see them as a real bike.

But that, on the other hand, is my own problem

At least you admitted you have a problem. I wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully you can one day accept all two-wheelers into your heart as "real bikes" :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

At least you admitted you have a problem. I wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully you can one day accept all two-wheelers into your heart as "real bikes" :)

Thank you very much, I do respect all bikes as bikes. But they'll hopefully soon have the solution and modify these scooters with huge speakers that imitate that the scooter's got an HD sound. 

Here's a sound example for the future scooter:

Jenny2017
Check out the Honda nc750x or DCT Africa Twin, both are a bit out of your model but great in their own way IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Jenny2017
Check out the Honda nc750x or DCT Africa Twin, both are a bit out of your model but great in their own way IMO.

I'd love to, but it would only make me cry. Thanks, I'll start looking when the wallet's heavier. 

• Like 1

So they took the Forza 125 that's available in Europe since at least 2015, modified it slightly, put a bigger engine and some upgrades in and that's the "all new" Forza? They could have at least offered new colors

This is the Honda Forza 125 from 2015:

1443342465.jpg.44ffdc13410a7e3013993a5cbb372aa5.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Let's see. There are some valid points when considering to drive a bike that has got more than 300 cc...

1. The horsepowers, especially those you'll need to accelerate to avoid a crash.

2. The sound. ( Listen to a Harley, then to a Forzza..)

3. The feeling to be one with the bike.

4. Driving around with some mates.

5. Knowing a good mechanic. 

Just to understand what I mean, please see my last bike attached

My bike.jpg

is that classed as a motorbike or a tractor ?

looks like the virago 250 that was sold in Australia as a learner friendly bike.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to interrupt ;-) but a big bike looks more like the green one below (one of my bikes when in Europe)...

Here, the topic is about scooters, big scooters... not the same bikes and definitively not the same uses.

Most important is the happiness we get from riding, whatever our bikes.

S3.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry to interrupt ;-) but a big bike looks more like the green one below (one of my bikes when in Europe)...

Here, the topic is about scooters, big scooters... not the same bikes and definitively not the same uses.

Most important is the happiness we get from riding, whatever our bikes.

S3.jpg.e525e587d5efa1ec8083eb971d453730.jpg

Nice bike. The thread title is about Honda Forza 300’s

8 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Nice bike. The thread title is about Honda Forza 300’s

How peoples tastes differ.

While the bike in the pic is probably a good performer, I would need to be blind to own one.

• Like 1

How peoples tastes differ.
While the bike in the pic is probably a good performer, I would need to be blind to own one.

I agree and that was what I was trying to say to my ‘ol mate Jenny2017 who sees the bike/scooter thing, as very ‘black&white’.
You now have ‘proper’ ADV bikes with DCT & low engine/fuel tanks like a scooter so we need to move with the times.

I just don't get those so-called 'Adventure Bikes' - Africa Twin, Triumph XCX, etc

Way too heavy for off road.

One bike trying to do 2 jobs never works.

And those garbage cans they hang off the sides of them makes it even less road friendly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I just don't get those so-called 'Adventure Bikes' - Africa Twin, Triumph XCX, etc

And those garbage cans they hang off the sides of them makes it even less road friendly.

I agree but you are posting in the wrong thread. Why don;t you start a new tread about overweight ADV bikes.

• Like 1

I call them ‘Ammo boxes’