EDITORIAL: Here in the land of the stupid

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It is customary for state officials, particularly those working at the Interior Ministry, to be coached as “governors” (nak pok krong) – meaning they are and must be superior to the ordinary citizens they rule.

I am confused now , please enlighten me on how high my Wai 

should be , is there now a special height for these muppets?

• Haha 1

Winston Churchill Quotes. The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Notice the difference - don't actually say "stupid" and they don't realise that's what they are being called.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Winston Churchill Quotes. The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Notice the difference - don't actually say "stupid" and they don't realise that's what they are being called.

Churchill wasn't that brilliant either.

• Like 1

The whole problem is those in high positions or governing the country think they RULE as clearly shown in the work guidence given them. How will they ever realise that they SERVE. The common person rules except currently with an unelected government running the country they do not attempt to give any semblance of serving the people.

They aren't stupid, they are very good at being Thai's.

Unfortunately, the insular what-the-rest-of-the-world-thinks-doesn't-matter attitude appears stupid to those of us who've actually seen more of the world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

They aren't stupid, they are very good at being Thai's.

Unfortunately, the insular what-the-rest-of-the-world-thinks-doesn't-matter attitude appears stupid to those of us who've actually seen more of the world.

Thais have more rights at home and abroad.

Yet farangs call Thais stupid. Rather ironic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

The frank comment would be applicable in any of our home countries also. His mistake was saying it out load, and in print.

Why speak of Home countries? That simply doesn't apply in this case. Thailand has a class system from its religious foundation to the Head of Family when decisions have to be made. It is no secret! Whether I, or any other expat, likes it or not, is totally irrelevant and and I don't think about comparing what exists in my home country and what is here. What I see as important in this case is that saying he didn't read the letter but just signed it (like those apparently in the 'ranks') makes him look more stupid than anyone and it should result in his suspension. How many other letters has he signed without reading first? He has shown himself to negligent at his job.