transport from Chanthaburi to Suvarnabhumi

Sri Shina

When  I  was  at  the  bus  station  in  Chanthaburi  I  checked  the  schedule  with  the  999  bus  company  to  Suvarnabhumi.  I  had  taken  this  bus  last  year  at  11:45  directly  to  the  airport  and  it  is  a  great  bus!  I  was  told,  and  even  had  it  written  down,  09:00  &  11:45.  I  had  someone  double  check  for  me  this  morning  and  try  to  make  a  reservation  for  the  09:00  and  am  really  bummed  to  learn  that  the  09:00  does  not  go  to  the  airport.  I  would  have  to  go  to  Ekamai  and  shuttle  from  there  which  would  not  give  me  enough  time  to  catch  my  flight.

Can  anyone  help  me  with  an  alternative?  I  need  to  arrive  at  Suvarnabhumi  no  later  than  13:00.  I  am  currently  at  Chao  Lao.  I  have  heard  the  dreaded  minivans  are  an  option  but  my  very  last  choice,  and  I  have  not  seen  them  at  the  bus  station  in  any  case.   A  private  taxi  from  here  to  the  airport  is  2500  or  more.

I  now  have  only  a  day  and  a  half  to  figure  this  out.

Thank  you  for  any  help  or  suggestions.

Another option is earlier bus from Chanthaburi bus station, using Cherdchai, timetable as below

Ask to get off at King Kaew (King Kaeo) stop, by Homepro, short taxi from there to Suvarnabhumi, there's taxis by where the buses stop, just before the overbridge, save well over an hour rather than go to Ekamai

tumblr_ovvzlnpVuR1r8w5s5o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovvzlnpVuR1r8w5s5o1_1280.jpg

There are minivan services Chan-Suvarnabhumi, but not recommended

Edited by gomangosteen

3 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

King Kaew (King Kaeo) stop, by Homepro

That would be at the "Market Village Suvarnabhumi" shopping center?

(Bang Na Trat frontage rd)

Street view:

https://goo.gl/maps/DvAWVv8taDw

The 4:00h, 9:00h and 17:00h buses are "motorway".

Do they stop there?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thank  you,  gomangosteen!  You  helped  me  get  here  last  year  and  I  liked  it  so  much  I  returned  this  year  for  a  month.  That  is  a  great  photo.  

Do  you  know  approximately  how  long  it  takes  to  get  from  Chanthaburi  to  King  Kaew?  If  I  get  the  8:00  a.m.  bus  do  you  think  it  would  arrive  by  noon?

Also,  is  this  stop  a  possibility  with  the  999  bus?

Good  questions  from  the  OP.

Thanks  again!