If you have two jobs, what is appropriate visa for you?

Due to nature of my work. I will be employed at two institutions. One in BKK one in CMX. both are full time.

one is the position of lecturer and another adjuct professor.

What should I do? Get two visas?

Bit confusing this, two jobs that are both meant to be full time, but both locations are half the country away from each other, so how can they both be full time ? The only answer I can come up with is perhaps they are the same institution but different locations, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

How are you going to work fulltime on 2 jobs about 700 KM apart? Even if you work online, I don't think you would be able to make the hours.  Please define your "fulltime"

dont worry, it is not your business-  neither scope of this question

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not possible to have 2 visas or extensions of stay.

You will need 2 work permits since you will be working in different provinces.

problem is that I dont have for first job work permit, apparently I didnt need it 

1 minute ago, LolaS said:

problem is that I dont have for first job work permit, apparently I didnt need it 

There are very few jobs that do not require a work permit. It seems you are working for a education institute that does require one.

What type of visa or extension of stay do you have?

13 minutes ago, LolaS said:

Yes you do, the company probably didn't bother as it is a bit of work and ignorance of the law isn't an excuse. For your own sake have a discussion with the first employer and your second to become legal, can save you a lot of hassle later on as you are doing pretty high profile work.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are very few jobs that do not require a work permit. It seems you are working for a education institute that does require one.

What type of visa or extension of stay do you have?

I have Non-immigrant visa.

As started as researcher and then position change to university lecturer ( not to be confused with English teacher or lecturer) and HR told me that I dont need one.

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I wonder if they double the fines, jail time and blacklisting for having 2 non-WP'd jobs?

Listen, stop harassing me, 

there are jobs for which you don't need permit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LolaS said:

Listen, stop harassing me, 

there are jobs for which you don't need permit. 

In your original post you asked did you need two work permits, Then post 13 you accuse of being harassed, then go onto say there are some jobs where you don’t need a work permit ? So why ask the original question?

People. Including myself asked how you could work two full time jobs 700 kms apart, you went very coy and defensive.  What are you trying to hide ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DipStick said:

In your original post you asked did you need two work permits, Then post 13 you accuse of being harassed, then go onto say there are some jobs where you don’t need a work permit ? So why ask the original question?

People. Including myself asked how you could work two full time jobs 700 kms apart, you went very coy and defensive.  What are you trying to hide ?

I was asking do I need two different visa. How people will know I work for other institution legaly, because my first visa was issued for different institution.

3 hours ago, LolaS said:

dont worry, it is not your business-  neither scope of this question

Get a non B visa and get one company to help you get an extension for one year but make sure you tell Immigration where you will be working but don't need a work permit for either job.

They will advise you what to do from there on.

Just now, overherebc said:

Get a non B visa and get one company to help you get an extension for one year but make sure you tell Immigration where you will be working but don't need a work permit for either job.

They will advise you what to do from there on.

Problem is that Chiang Mai cannot advise me about Bangkok,  I asked them and they told me you will need to sort out with BKK 

1 minute ago, LolaS said:

I was asking do I need two different visa. How people will know I work for other institution legaly, because my first visa was issued for different institution.

You cannot have more that one visa or extension that allows you to stay in the country.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot have more that one visa or extension that allows you to stay in the country.

but can I have two jobs? same category of jobs at different institutions

1 hour ago, LolaS said:

do you have any evidence for that?

any proof that I need a visa for R&D

"As started as researcher and then position change to university lecturer" 

You are not doing R&D anymore, so you need a work permit. If you change jobs your old work permit (or exemption if valid) isn't valid anymore.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LolaS said:

You need a work permit and I don't care what HR told you. 

Or if same company both areas of work can be be on one permit. I had one WP with every area from Rayong to Bangkok noted in it, all done by the company.

59 minutes ago, LolaS said:

The expression "there are non so blind who will notsee" Springs to mind, and you still won't answer how you can be at two places at the same time  !

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

"As started as researcher and then position change to university lecturer" 

You are not doing R&D anymore, so you need a work permit. If you change jobs your old work permit (or exemption if valid) isn't valid anymore.

I am sorry for misunderstanding, yes I do R&D, I am not foreign language type of lecturer.

51 minutes ago, greenchair said:

What's the point in posting if you're not  to share a little bit about yourself. 

Like what? I got a two jobs, in different locations. In one I am more than a year now.

What should I do in BKK; just be quite about position there? 

51 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You need a work permit and I don't care what HR told you. 

Or if same company both areas of work can be be on one permit. I had one WP with every area from Rayong to Bangkok noted in it, all done by the company.

so why I dont have one yet? or any in my office who is foreigner?

45 minutes ago, DipStick said:

The expression "there are non so blind who will notsee" Springs to mind, and you still won't answer how you can be at two places at the same time  !

It is comonly done in academia, some of us have 3 or 4 possition in one time.