What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv Series - The Take

Came across this gem the other day.

Tom Hardy is always worth watching and doesn't disappoint in this.
Thought he was brilliant.

IMDB: Based upon the novel by Martina Cole, this TV series is mostly about Freddie Jackson, portrayed by Tom Hardy,
who is just out of prison. He has the right connections and now he's ready to use them.

Theres an alarming number of popups on the streaming sites and I don't risk important computers on them. No matter how safe anyone says they are.

To be on the safe side I use a dedicated Android box for streaming….it has none of my important files or data stored on it.

May sound like overkill but I don't take chances….streaming sites don't give away stuff for free.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

I use PB for movie downloads, have done for years, don't get any pop-ups and never had a virus.

Torrenting is a bit passe and ive stopped doing it....but when i did i had a dedicated junk computer for it too. 

11 hours ago, Caps said:

I saw it yesterday at Terminal 21, thought it was a good Marvel film 

I also saw the new Jack Reacher a few days ago, enjoyed that too 

Doctor Strange was definitely good for a superhero movie.

How do you think it compared to Jack Reacher? I may go and see that too

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Torrenting is a bit passe and ive stopped doing it....but when i did i had a dedicated junk computer for it too. 

Passe or not, it suits me to download, and I use my one and only computer to do it, never had a problem. As someone said, a lot of unnecessary scaremongering.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Black Mirror Season 3
Netflix
Featuring stand-alone dramas -- sharp, suspenseful, satirical tales that explore techno-paranoia -- "Black Mirror" is a contemporary reworking of "The Twilight Zone" with stories that tap into the collective unease about the modern world.

1477550222371.jpg

I just binged my way through the latest season 3 on Netflix at the weekend. As with the previous seasons, episodes were up and down IMHO.

First 3 episodes of season 3 were I thought blahh. However, two episodes stood out for me at least;

San Junipero - Ep4

Hate of the Nation - Ep6

Doctor Strange was definitely good for a superhero movie.
How do you think it compared to Jack Reacher? I may go and see that too

I liked them both and having read all the Reacher books it was worth the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just binged my way through the latest season 3 on Netflix at the weekend. As with the previous seasons, episodes were up and down IMHO.

First 3 episodes of season 3 were I thought blahh. However, two episodes stood out for me at least;

San Junipero - Ep4
Hate of the Nation - Ep6

Disagree Episode 2 and 3 were fantastic !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Goldstone

The follow up to Mystery Road... Mystery road was a good Australian Crime movie...Looking forward to this one....

Just finished it.

Thought it was really good.

A great cast and Aaron Pedersen was just superb.

• Like 1

John Adams (HBO)

This series, which has taken me three months to finish the first three episodes, gets my vote as the slowest series ever produced. Great cast, decent script. Giamatti is excellent as always, but what a yawner! Altogether too reverent, this portrayal of the struggles in establishing our beloved (former) republic., as seen through the eyes of the most perfect and upright American to ever come outta Massachusetts, at least.

SEVEN...Don't Tread on ME

On 10/27/2016 at 6:43 PM, kingalfred said:

Disagree Episode 2 and 3 were fantastic !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well glad to see you didn't like ep1. I wasn't sure if it was the actress (Bryce Dallas Howard) or the character I couldn't warm to.

Ep2, still blah

Ep3, it was OK, but a tad long, and the outcome didn't have the usual twist at the end which is the norm for Black Mirror, I think i could have predicted the  end after 15 mins, hence my blah rating

Well glad to see you didn't like ep1. I wasn't sure if it was the actress (Bryce Dallas Howard) or the character I couldn't warm to.
Ep2, still blah
Ep3, it was OK, but a tad long, and the outcome didn't have the usual twist at the end which is the norm for Black Mirror, I think i could have predicted the  end after 15 mins, hence my blah rating

Episode 4 is kinky, until the last 10 minutes.
Episode 1 I really enjoyed.
But nothing beats Season 1 and the Pig episode, oh and the white bear episode too.
Cow jai mai?
Sorry, typing on the toilet affects ones posting ability.

On 28 October, 2016 at 7:49 PM, faraday said:

Flaskepost fra p.

Danish movie. Fantastic. ....watch it!:smile:

its part of a series of films made with these two lead cop characters…also check out 'the absent ones' and 'the keeper of lost causes'.

• Like 1