What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I enjoyed both films, but IMHO, the Darkest Hour was the better of the two. I was kind of disappointed in Dunkirk in comparison - although it was not bad. The Darkest Hour was a lot more informative.

2 good films and I was very disappointed with Dunkirk too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2018 at 1:48 PM, vogie said:

Chato's Land with Charles Bronson at his best, great old western.

They actually shot 2 different film takes rather than just 'snip'.

US version, Indian girl wearing blanket.

German version, Indian girl naked. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yep, but also has some really good ones.

Regardless, I'm 4 episodes in and enjoying it.

Glad your enjoying it ,i gave it a try , but not up to much .just downloaded an old series (not that old) called fear ,a selection of short "horror" stories , actually not bad  never heard of it before ,found it by accident ,its in the usual places .

54 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Glad your enjoying it ,i gave it a try , but not up to much .just downloaded an old series (not that old) called fear ,a selection of short "horror" stories , actually not bad  never heard of it before ,found it by accident ,its in the usual places .

There's one called "Fear Itself" is that the same series?

• Like 1

Human Flow

No, it's not a film for urologists.

It's an artful documentary about the global refugee situation by amazing filmmaker Ai Weiwei (not a mobile phone company).

I feel like I understand that situation on a deeper level for watching it.

Not for those looking for escapist entertainment, but some of the cinematography is very moving.

"Though the film has no shortage of talking heads, the majority of scenes work on the senses like pure visual poetry. Nearly every shot could be framed on the wall of Ai Weiwei’s latest exhibition, while various objects—such as a mountain of discarded life jackets—could be placed on the museum floor."

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/human-flow-2017

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

A new series of Strike has just started.

Am interested in this but am a bit confused.

The episode list in iMDB has it as:

C B Strike Season 1 ( 5 episodes ) broken into 2 stories , The Cuckoo's calling and The Silkworm.

C B Strike Season 2 ( 1 episode ) Career of evil, 2nd episode March 4th.

Yet , on my old faithful RARBG i can only find Strike S03 E01 (?) and some other wierdly numbered episodes , S01E04 and S01 E05 etc !!

Anyone point me in the right direction here , please .

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Am interested in this but am a bit confused.

The episode list in iMDB has it as:

C B Strike Season 1 ( 5 episodes ) broken into 2 stories , The Cuckoo's calling and The Silkworm.

C B Strike Season 2 ( 1 episode ) Career of evil, 2nd episode March 4th.

Yet , on my old faithful RARBG i can only find Strike S03 E01 (?) and some other wierdly numbered episodes , S01E04 and S01 E05 etc !!

Anyone point me in the right direction here , please .

This series is all screwed up on the net.  Everyone has different idea about what defines a "season" which makes it hard to download (I'm using Sonarr).  I believe s03 refers to "career of evil" 2-parts - the latest offering.  I just edited TVDB so I can find and download the latest episode as season 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HidyHo said:

This series is all screwed up on the net.  Everyone has different idea about what defines a "season" which makes it hard to download (I'm using Sonarr).  I believe s03 refers to "career of evil" 2-parts - the latest offering.  I just edited TVDB so I can find and download the latest episode as season 3.

Managed to download all 6 episodes from various places, they didn't make it easy though !

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

New series The Trade. No opinion yet. Anyone watched? About drug trade.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sadly, we've seen this kind of TV before.

Mexican drug cartels helping the poor villages who collect the Opium.

Young people's lives ruined as a result of addiction.

It's never going to stop.

:sad:

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Managed to download all 6 episodes from various places, they didn't make it easy though !

It's worth it for Holliday Grainger :)  I like this show and am caught up on episodes, except for the latest one.  I edited TVDB to make it 3 season (before it was updated as 1 season) so Sonarr can automatically find and download the episodes.

Edited by HidyHo

Marcella..... There is a 15 min explanation Vid called Marcella up to here S02E00   just in case you cannot remember the whole thing--which did get a little mad near the end . There have been a lot of complaints that Anna Friel --Main actress is being used in to many same type series.

Top gear is off and running with mixed reviews   https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/five-things-you-must-see-episode-one-new-top-gear

Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators----BBC UK TV started last night......10 episodes, its seems to be (haven't seen it) a bit like 1980s "Moonlighting".....2 detectives Male/Female dont get on so well ....etc   etc

And of course what you have all been holding your breath for........ Classic Mary Berry S01E01

Started last night....... 191708.jpg

10 rating from 1 vote(s).

• Thanks 1

Shirley someone's already mentioned "Derry Girls" ?

Very amusing... and only 6x 30min episodes...

Been itching to re-watch Deadwood (upgraded my old dvdrips to bluray versions)... and it got me stumbling upon the song "Hog of the Forsaken"... and as a result the discovery of the bizarrely wonderful Michael Hurley - go to youtube and search for "Sweedeedee" and see if it tickles your fancy.

ps mostly the latest "Strike" episodes are listed as s03... even though imdb and thetvdb.com list them as s01e06 and s01e07... hey ho. Most also have the episode title in them to make it easier also.

Been watching Taskmaster this last week.

If you’re not aware:

Greg Davies ( psychotic schoolteacher in Man Down & The Inbetweeners ) sets ridiculous tasks to 5 British comedians.

Very funny IMO !!

8.9 on IMDB

5 series out in the usual places, (not all episodes available though).

12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Been watching Taskmaster this last week.

If you’re not aware:

Greg Davies ( psychotic schoolteacher in Man Down & The Inbetweeners ) sets ridiculous tasks to 5 British comedians.

Very funny IMO !!

8.9 on IMDB

5 series out in the usual places, (not all episodes available though).

Is that show similar to "Who's line is it anyway?"?

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Is that show similar to "Who line is it anyway?"?

Not so much, in the words of iMDB

"Greg Davies and his assistant Alex Horne challenge five comedians to compete in a series of wacky and funny challenges, to win back their own possessions that they have forfeited. From making a music video for a nursery rhyme to obtaining information from a Swedish man, Taskmaster is a face-paced and hilarious show."

Typical British humour .

Movie  - Six Shooter

Came across this one the other day and thought it was a real gem.

Won the Oscar for best short film.

It's only 27 minutes long.

Summary: A black and bloody Irish comedy about a sad train journey where an older man, whose wife has died that morning,

encounters a strange and possibly psychotic young oddball.

Tainted AKA The Hunter

Enjoying this Brazillian series at the minute.

Summary: After three years locked up for a crime he didn’t commit, former police officer André Câmara is back on the streets working as a bounty hunter and determined to prove his innocence. Gripping, south American sizzler charting the action from the mean streets of Brazil to the bedrooms of the law enforcers. In Portuguese with English subtitles.

Has embedded subs.

https://www.walterpresents.com/page/tainted?clip=_5353831592001

Edited by Will27