What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Hostiles - watched almost all of this yesterday, it was very good - some fine acting, & good characters.

Perhaps I was tired last night, but it seemed a bit long winded, & stopped before the end.

Anyone watch all of it?

I watched it all, thought it was a bit cliched and slow.

• Thanks 1

Weird one I watched last night on netflix with John goodamn in.

10 cloverfield lane

Was pretty good low budget film about a guy who convinces a woman they were hiding out underground as the world had ended and been taken over.

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Weird one I watched last night on netflix with John goodamn in.

10 cloverfield lane

Was pretty good low budget film about a guy who convinces a woman they were hiding out underground as the world had ended and been taken over.

John Goodman...Barton Fink (1991)...can't be beat...

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yup, never gets nasty on here, & everyone helps each other.

Deep State e03 is available now.

:smile:

I found the trouble with episode 3 was that you need subs.

A lot of Arabic and French spoken in this episode.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I found the trouble with episode 3 was that you need subs.

A lot of Arabic and French spoken in this episode.

Hmmm...I've found that to be so annoying. Perhaps I'll wait & see if they do subs.

In Hostiles, there was too much Cheyenne spoken. Dunno why they do this.

32 minutes ago, faraday said:

Hmmm...I've found that to be so annoying. Perhaps I'll wait & see if they do subs.

In Hostiles, there was too much Cheyenne spoken. Dunno why they do this.

I did find a copy of Hostiles that had subtitles for the Cheyenne dialogue. I'm sure that the cinema copy would have had it as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

2 films I really enjoyed in the past couple of days:

In The Fade

Backstabbing for Beginners

Also, has no one watched Lee and Dean on Channel4 ... i would have thought it's

comedy gold.

I will give Backstabbing for Beginners a try. Surprised it has so few votes and only a 5.9 rating on IMDB.

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I will give Backstabbing for Beginners a try. Surprised it has so few votes and only a 5.9 rating on IMDB.

It rises well above the titles like 'Insane Babysitter' and ''Hold my Heart' that flood the sites these days.

Also caught a couple of nice documentaries....BIG Time, about the young danish architect who is designing the new

world trade centre tower.

And Beware of Mr Baker...a slightly disturbing look at Ginger Baker the 79 year old  gifted drummer of super groups like

Cream and Blind Faith. I could so easily picture him living in pattaya.

• Like 2

It rises well above the titles like 'Insane Babysitter' and ''Hold my Heart' that flood the sites these days.

Also caught a couple of nice documentaries....BIG Time, about the young danish architect who is designing the new
world trade centre tower.

And Beware of Mr Baker...a slightly disturbing look at Ginger Baker the 79 year old  gifted drummer of super groups like
Cream and Blind Faith. I could so easily picture him living in pattaya.
Thanks for the heads up on Ginger Baker he was a friend of a friend many years ago met him quite a few times. Seemed quite ordinary must give it a look

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nick O'Brien is the hard-drinking leader of the Regulators, an elite unit of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Ray Merrimen is the recently paroled leader of the Outlaws, a gang of ex-military men who use their expertise and tactical skills to evade the law. O'Brien, Merrimen and their crews soon find themselves on a direct collision course as the criminals hatch an elaborate plan for a seemingly impossible heist -- the city's Federal Reserve Bank.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, i claudius said:

Thanks for the heads up on Ginger Baker he was a friend of a friend many years ago met him quite a few times. Seemed quite ordinary must give it a look

You are in for a treat. It seems to me one could mess oneself up just by hanging around him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Did you miss the reviews , ? i dont think anyone managed to watch the second episode ,lol, by the way , if anyone is interested just downloaded  keeping faith ,about a female lawyer in a small town  S Wales she has 3 kids and her husband dissapears one morning , sounds boring does'nt it , well believe me its not ,and it gets better as the twists unfold .

Where did you find Keeping Faith? I can't find it anywhere.

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

You are in for a treat. It seems to me one could mess oneself up just by hanging around him.

Is that the same one that came out a few years back---or new? His Daughter pays him a visit and he ends up living with her friend----he is quite bitter isn't  he --- run out of money back in the UK selling odds and ends at nearly 80-----& says that some of the music he wrote Jack Bruce still gets the royalties for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

Is that the same one that came out a few years back---or new? His Daughter pays him a visit and he ends up living with her friend----he is quite bitter isn't  he --- run out of money back in the UK selling odds and ends at nearly 80-----& says that some of the music he wrote Jack Bruce still gets the royalties for.

Wasn't he living in South Africa, pretty much broke?

Red Rock longish Project Free TV series, about crime n life in a small Irish coastal town. Not bashing American stuff but its so refreshing to watch something without any hidden agenda, this series makes one notice that. Well Me anyway.!

6 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Red Rock longish Project Free TV series, about crime n life in a small Irish coastal town. Not bashing American stuff but its so refreshing to watch something without any hidden agenda, this series makes one notice that. Well Me anyway.!

Except there's 5 series and I'd never catch up with so many other things to watch.

• Like 1

Documentary - Conquering Northern China (2017)

Popular Youtube vloggers, SerpentZA and Laowhy86, head to the northernmost point of China on their most grueling and punishing adventure to date.

Just completed the last part. I make regular trips to China and really enjoyed this unique documentary. To offer support I paid for the Vimeo watch on demand but the series can be found for download.