100 arrested, 85 modified bikes seized in police crackdown

rooster59

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

Is it fair when some of the noisiest bikes on the road, namely Harleys, are allowed to roam free, legally? I'd like to see them impounded first as they are much worse noise pollutants IMO. A guy used to start one up in the condo building next door and they'd be an incredibly loud rumbling noise through the whole house. People who ride these types of bikes are nothing more than attention seekers.

And strangly enough when they come off the production line they are fairly quiet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bananafish said:

I've been saying for a while now it should be illegal to modify a bike exhaust to make it louder. It's so damn annoying and obnoxious. 

It is illegal. But, so what.:saai:

2 hours ago, fakename said:

In a country where anyone can ride around with blue or red lights, or even a street side shop, with flashing blue and red lights, there is not much hope for law enforcement! 

Oh, and as far as a drag strip for kids, who is going to pay for the insurance? Who is going to inspect the bikes, to make sure they are safe? No one!

As to lights we used to have them in Canada until they got banned but it was a long time before they did that.    There is no need for insurance for a piece of property that is left open and unattended.

As to making sure the bikes are safe well that is the user's job, however, I can tell you those drag racers are the best people themselves to tell someone they will not race them.  self-policing is the best method.  The goal is not to set up a fully functioning drag strip it is to give them a space that is not a city street.

The fine for racing on streets will be an automatic possession, loss of license for a year, and family name and age with pic put on a database for insurance companies.  The insurer of the bike will be informed and steep[ insurance rate hikes.

Crush all the modified bikes, and if any are found to be stolen, arrest and charge the rich

kid who was riding it. Display the cubes of crushed bikes in a public place with an

estimated price value on each square. Put the rich parents names on display as well

so they can not only lose their faces, but see how much money they wasted on their

little angels hobby. I have always hated noisy vehicles, Trucks cars or motorcycles.

When I was a teenager , those being cool were  the lucky rich teens with their fancy painted

sports cars and pickups. They were not making them loud more than they were trying to

modify them for speed. The racing took place out of the city and towns on country roads with

a place at the finish line for some people to park and watch the winners. Ahh the good old

days.

Geezer

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Crush the Bikes...all of them, and keep crushing them until they learn that this will happen to every Bike seized.

Truth is nobody with any power has any balls for a PROPER CRACKDOWN, one that would bring the problem to an end !

Crush them?? That's called theft and wilful damage! U shld gets job with Aussie police, particularly in NSW. U WLD do well there. Goose. 

Im amazed at how many winging farangs live here. Like, life back in the home country was so GREAT that u moved here!??

get a grip people. Many of us did this sh!t when we were kids. Jeesh 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DjSiN said:

Crush them?? That's called theft and wilful damage! U shld gets job with Aussie police, particularly in NSW. U WLD do well there. Goose. 

Im amazed at how many winging farangs live here. Like, life back in the home country was so GREAT that u moved here!??

get a grip people. Many of us did this sh!t when we were kids. Jeesh 

what a rediculous post sir...I for one am calling you out with your ever boring''why did you move here ''or ''why don't you go back where you came from'' BS...but Im guessing you don't live here in''ground zero pattaya '' .. ps...the'' sexy man ''.line is BS too..sorry to burst you bubble completely...sawadee no crap

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, bananafish said:

And maybe it already is illegal, if so I would love it to be strictly enforced. 

It is illegal to modify your car or bike too other specifications than registered in the car or bike book.

These are old laws only not enforced.

• Like 1

Im confused about the posts on this topic - people who deliberately set out to disturb other people by illegally modifying tin pot scooters to make a huge row at unsociable hours are a pain and need dealing with. people who are motorbike enthusiasts that like riding motorcycles that are factory built or legally modified are not. Surely  the problem here should be solved with yearly inspections where noise output is measured and a certificate not given to those breaking the regulations. Police should be properly monitoring and checking the paperwork. The problem is corruption and incompetence on the part of the police and motor authorities. Theres a lot of noisy four wheeled vehicles that spew out clouds of smoke too - those are worse than factory but motorcycles. Also it is a misconception that these bikes are owned by “rich kids” a scooter can be bought for 15-20000 baht and anyone can remove baffles and exhaust parts.

Edited by bizboi

As I have mentioned before, invite these "racers" and their parents to the scrapyard to witness how the hydraulic compactor could do to their bikes.
Maybe also take them to some gruesome crash scenes...then onto the hospital emergency room to see what awaits if they continue road racing.
  • Like 1

I did it as a teenager, loved every minute of it. Same issue with negative thinkers and decision makers back then as there is today. Reading the comments from all the pious members of the group its disappointing to see we haven't progressed in 30 years, same old negative <deleted> too ready toput their 2 cents in rather than listen to the kids and work for a solution....Like a dedicated road area for them to race each other and not have to worry about being chased or caught and not annoying the general public that deserve their peace and quiet. Its all about "How" you look at the problem and solve it from there instead of playing the same old tune over and over again expecting this time it will work. As adults we should be able to see and understand, once being children ourselves, that life isn't all about the <deleted> rules all the time. So your rule /law sucks, find a way to make it work. Still Love the deep sound of a Harley winding out just as much as a YZ250 in full power-band! 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2018 at 9:30 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

We are so tried of noisy motorbikes here in jomtien every night racing on beach and 2 road 

Big fine to all of them please 

As you may have noticed, the police officers sitting around their table opposite to Soi 8 are more interested in playing with their smartphones than doing anything about this issue.

On 12/05/2018 at 2:18 PM, Tony M said:

Noise in Jomtien is reaching unacceptable levels, along Beach Road and 2nd Road, as you say.  We also suffer from pool parties, and villa - renters from Bangkok having karaoke parties.  I have started a Facebook page, in the hope of getting support to take to City Hall.

I thought that what is what happens in tourist towns

On 5/11/2018 at 10:30 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

We are so tried of noisy motorbikes here in jomtien every night racing on beach and 2 road 

Not only heavy fines but take the bikes and immediately crush them.  

• Like 1

On 12/05/2018 at 1:30 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

yes but WHO is going to catch them??

Are there cctv cameras (working) on these roads??

If so then the coppers should be able to trace owners....

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

yes but WHO is going to catch them??

Are there cctv cameras (working) on these roads??

If so then the coppers should be able to trace owners....

Police already know this young people for sure they just to lazy to do anything about car play music on beach and in front of signs there say no music and the young men racing up and down on roads here I only see them working when they go after food salling fine them 2000 for selling food stupid 

They actually take away for what people want and never take away what people don't want 

Jomtien beach is a nightmare 

On 5/12/2018 at 5:18 PM, Tony M said:

Noise in Jomtien is reaching unacceptable levels, along Beach Road and 2nd Road, as you say.  We also suffer from pool parties, and villa - renters from Bangkok having karaoke parties.  I have started a Facebook page, in the hope of getting support to take to City Hall.

Brave man - remember they "shoot" the messengers first in the kingdom!  :sad:

Edited by lvr181
Spelling correction

On 5/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, chingmai331 said:

Is my LOUD bike annoying you yet?  That is exactly why my bike is LOUD.

You like to deliberately annoy people for no other reason than to annoy them? What is the purpose? Okay, people are annoyed and irritated, maybe their ears hurt or you woke them from their sleep, now what?

Do you spit on peoples backs when you walk behind them too? Flick cigarette ash them when they're not looking? How about slashing peoples tires and keying their cars, do you find those worthwhile activities?