Girl, 5, dies in locked car left in sun for hours at her school in Khon Kaen

webfact

23 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Thai bashers have a good opportunity to have fun   Poor and stupid farangs 

it happens in any country, even yours ; maybe you are the next to forget 

Here's the problem with that.  According research quoted by Malcolm Gladwell (in "Blink", I think), there is nothing more toxic to a relationship than contempt for the other person.  And since 85% (or more) of our communication is non-verbal, no matter how flowery or patronizing the language the bashers use when dealing with the locals, that contempt shows through.  Basically, dog-piling into these Thai bashing threads is sanctioning and reinforcing the very behavior that's most toxic to the relationship between foreigners and the locals.

I don't think that's a good thing.  For any of us.  But I may be wrong.  It happens.

Edited by impulse

Even the Prime Minister of Britain managed to forget his own daughter in a pub one time.

I admire those TV posters who occupy the moral high ground and are perfect in all their actions,  but the rest of us mortals do, on occasion, just stuff up.

A tragedy this case for all concerned.

This happens all over the world. I blame it on ignorant people that don't have a clue. Heard someone has invented some device to prevent this. Hopefully if it works car companies will install it in their cars.

1 hour ago, fantom said:

Even the Prime Minister of Britain managed to forget his own daughter in a pub one time.

I admire those TV posters who occupy the moral high ground and are perfect in all their actions,  but the rest of us mortals do, on occasion, just stuff up.

You're twisting the story about the PM. He was under the impression that his security people with him at a local pub had the kid with them. He didn't forget anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fantom said:

SHE hasn't got any!

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Same kind of tragedies happen all over the world.  It's not a Thai specific phenomena.  My folks found me sleeping in the back of the station wagon several hours after they couldn't find me and got the cops looking for me.  Thank goodness it was Chicago in the spring and I was more likely to freeze than die of the heat.

But far more likely to happen here when the people have no common sense to begin with.

It does occasionally happen in other countries, but since I've been here, I've read about countless instances of it.

Also, this was a teacher, who personally picked up the child and somehow forgot about her for about eight hours. How is that possible?

Take off those rosey specs and pass a sensible comment. The Suradit effect seems to be spreading on here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is only a complete lack of organisation, communication and maintenance checks that a teacher is put in the position that she needs to bring her students to school. How the rest of the story eventuated is completely unexplained.  Poor child, if only you lived in a culture that took these things seriously..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I've never left a 5 year old child in a car for a whole day.

Neither have the vast majority of the the world's population which is why this tragic story

has made the news.

This is an absolutely awful event and there is no sure way of telling from the sketchy report

how the incident unfolded,  but if it makes all the posters feel better to speculate as to what

she was/wasn't thinking about, then good for you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Neither have the vast majority of the the world's population which is why this tragic story

has made the news.

This is an absolutely awful event and there is no sure way of telling from the sketchy report

how the incident unfolded,  but if it makes all the posters feel better to speculate as to what

she was/wasn't thinking about, then good for you.

There is no other explanation as to why she left a child in a car all day, other than she forgot about her.

Unless of course you are suggesting it was a deliberate act. 

14 hours ago, bdenner said:

Have some pity on the teacher ALL you self righteous pricks! Haven't any one of you done anything out of the ordinary and forgotten about it?? Trying to do a favour turned to <deleted> = very sad for all concerned!

Pity?? For someone, who by their own carelessness caused the death of a child?

Pity, NO.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2018 at 10:07 AM, colinneil said:

The teacher was in shock  !! Well i for 1 dont give a rats a++e about that.

What about the poor child, yes she was in shock and later died, because of that teachers lack of care.

Maybe if someone checked her smartphone, it would show her using it during the time the poor unfortunate girl was suffering, sad very sad  tragic.

R.I.P. little angel.

If I did something careless or stupid  that caused a death I would be in shock also. That is normal and shows a conscience. Compassion and empathy show a conscience also. Quick to anger and condemn are emotions I thank the creator I no longer enjoy. No one is perfect.  

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

If I did something careless or stupid  that caused a death I would be in shock also. That is normal and shows a conscience. Compassion and empathy show a conscience also. Quick to anger and condemn are emotions I thank the creator I no longer enjoy. No one is perfect.  

Wow. Some are on a different planet. 

There is NO EXCUSE for what she did! Being "in shock" and therefore "shows a conscience" is not a defence for her CARELESSNESS! You don't have to be "perfect" just be more caring especially toward children who rely on the support and love of adults.

I really wonder sometimes whether 'people' would have the same attitude if it was a member of their own family (unless they are delusional religious persons). 

Edited by lvr181
Additional wording

18 hours ago, jesimps said:

Stupid comment. A saying comes to mind "Do me a favour? Don't do me no favours".

This wasn't just a small slip of the mind, she actually went to the house, picked up the girl, put her in the car and drove her to school. She then spent the whole day in school without once thinking of the child.

By supporting her, I'd put you in the same bracket as the teacher. 

It makes me livid to see the way these people gamble with the lives of their kids.

I often wonder why "some of you Pricks" come to or even associate yourself with Thailand with the 'mightier than thou' attitudes you have.

I sincerely hope you (of perfect life style and capacity) does not make a mistake with results anywhere near the unfortunate outcome this one had!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, bdenner said:

I often wonder why "some of you Pricks" come to or even associate yourself with Thailand with the 'mightier than thou' attitudes you have.

I sincerely hope you (of perfect life style and capacity) does not make a mistake with results anywhere near the unfortunate outcome this one had!

Has nothing to do with your 'mightier than thou' attitudes! It is about a concern for kids! And those whose work involves kids must be more aware about protecting these kids.

As for "some of you Pricks" then you are one of them, with more sympathy for the perpetrator who abandoned the girl, than the child and her parents! :post-4641-1156693976:  

• Thanks 1