Saturday Night on Nimmanhamin===LAME!

heybruce

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

There is a difference between living somewhere and going on holiday there.  I go out once or twice a week.  I preferred the days when I had the option of staying out past midnight, but it's not a big deal for me.  I also have no problem finding places that have "lock-ins" all night, but find them boring.

However  I would go to a place that had fair prices and lots of attractive freelances (the female kind, not the aggressive ladyboys).  Sometimes I'd look for the "love of my nighttime", most times I would just enjoy the show.  I've never seen such a place in Chiang Mai.  Long ago Loi Kroh came close, but I'm pretty sure the ladies were full-time pros.

I live here, too, but most of us make a trip or two home every year, and, or course, there is a constant flow of tourist in that boat, but not as many with the Chinese invasion.  The lock-ins are mostly BS and those are bar fine places, with lots of grandma s or girls just off the rice cart....with high beer prices, and stupid lady drinks..

Spicy used to be crawling with freelancers + bargirls doing extra work, going till sunrise..People would leave for border runs after a night out....there was even a lot of working class Thai girls out for a late night.  Nothing remotely close to that in CM, now.

Edited by moontang

8 minutes ago, moontang said:

I live here, too, but most of us make a trip or two home every year, and, or course, there is a constant flow of tourist in that boat, but not as many with the Chinese invasion.  The lock-ins are mostly BS and those are bar fine places, with lots of grandma s or girls just off the rice cart....with high beer prices, and stupid lady drinks..

Spicy used to be crawling with freelancers + bargirls doing extra work, going till sunrise..People would leave for border runs after a night out....there was even a lot of working class Thai girls out for a late night.  Nothing remotely close to that in CM, now.

I forgot about the old Spicy; I guess there were a lot of freelancers there.  I never liked the place, too loud and crowded for me.  I prefer a more relaxed setting.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Any student with a secure income of 60k a month who works as a pretty is doing it because she likes the job/attention, or is gold-digging.

Or... how do you say in Thai, "Saving for a rainy day?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price. However, believe the myth if it makes you feel better.

There are photos on TVF of 3 young pretties from a famous Bkk beer garden that went to Samui with a customer. I'm sure he wasn't paying them for their beer pouring skills.

Part time hookers that charge more. So that's why he's complaining.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Or... how do you say in Thai, "Saving for a rainy day?"

probably like "democracy" in Vietnamese..it just doesn't translate, as most have never heard of such a concept.

39 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I forgot about the old Spicy; I guess there were a lot of freelancers there.  I never liked the place, too loud and crowded for me.  I prefer a more relaxed setting.

yep, too noisy, but could find a date and be back in the comfort of your own home in less than thirty minutes..And spent less than 100 (THB not Dollars)..And a little Purple Persuasion to get them to leave the next morning, and have some money to bring dinner next time they come over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moontang said:

Has 'Living Room' gone as well?

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

And your answer implied that all pretties are prostitutes because you know of three Bangkok pretties who were prostitutes.  Your assumption is wrong.

I don't see anyone claiming all pretties are prostitutes.

Some are, some students are, some waitress are, I've even met a couple of nurses that are (Hotshots was great for that).

Conversely I've encountered a few bar girls who aren't prostitutes.

But luckily in my younger days, enough were, that there was never a problem going home alone.

And now I'm too old to care (thank god), someone pass me another beer.

Anyway, back on topic, I used to like Blar Blar Bar and The Harbour, but that was about it for the Nimman area. Not been back since Blar Blar closed.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price. However, believe the myth if it makes you feel better.

There are photos on TVF of 3 young pretties from a famous Bkk beer garden that went to Samui with a customer. I'm sure he wasn't paying them for their beer pouring skills.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I don't see anyone claiming all pretties are prostitutes.

Some are, some students are, some waitress are, I've even met a couple of nurses that are (Hotshots was great for that).

Conversely I've encountered a few bar girls who aren't prostitutes.

But luckily in my younger days, enough were, that there was never a problem going home alone.

And now I'm too old to care (thank god), someone pass me another beer.

Anyway, back on topic, I used to like Blar Blar Bar and The Harbour, but that was about it for the Nimman area. Not been back since Blar Blar closed.

"The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price."

I'd say TBL clearly stated all pretties are prostitutes, which is what I've been disputing.

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price."

I'd say TBL clearly stated all pretties are prostitutes, which is what I've been disputing.

hey bruce! he clearly didn't.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, heybruce said:

How do you interpret his statement? 

Different from you for starters.

But try this, "Some pretties who are on the game will understandably command a higher premium than the overwhelmingly bigger group of regular 'pay for play' bar girls."

Thus dear, the wholesomeness of the majority of your favorite eye candy is preserved.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Different from you for starters.

But try this, "Some pretties who are on the game will understandably command a higher premium than the overwhelmingly bigger group of regular 'pay for play' bar girls."

Thus dear, the wholesomeness of the majority of your favorite eye candy is preserved.

Retreating from your obvious error?  Let's deal with TBL's statement: "The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price."

He is clearly stating that pretties are high priced hookers.  You clearly can not think of any other credible interpretation.  TBL also did not qualify the statement by using "some" as your are doing in your diversion.

I am commenting on posts as written.  If you want to post something different, go ahead.  If I feel it is worth my while to comment on your post as written, I will.

Edit:  I am going out now to a place where nice pretties will serve me food and drink.  I will not offer any of them money for sex.  If I like their service and smiles I will leave a nice tip, just as I would in a western restaurant-bar that hires attractive young women.

If you wish to continue to debate the obvious we can continue this later.

Edited by heybruce

Retreating from your obvious error?  Let's deal with TBL's statement: "The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price."

He is clearly stating that pretties are high priced hookers.  You clearly can not think of any other credible interpretation.  TBL also did not qualify the statement by using "some" as your are doing in your diversion.

I am commenting on posts as written.  If you want to post something different, go ahead.  If I feel it is worth my while to comment on your post as written, I will.

Edit:  I am going out now to a place where nice pretties will serve me food and drink.  I will not offer any of them money for sex.  If I like their service and smiles I will leave a nice tip, just as I would in a western restaurant-bar that hires attractive young women.

If you wish to continue to debate the obvious we can continue this later.

By the same token, TBL didn't prefix the word pretties with "all'' either. Thus he is "clearly stating" that some pretties are selling more than their...um,  prettiness. And there's abso-<deleted>-lutely NO way in hell that you can claim that all pretties are sweet, virtuous nice girls where butter wouldn't melt between their legs. Unless you've invested heavily into their illusion of course.

Don't ever presume to know what anyone else is thinking. If you do, it only makes you a bigger bore than you are already. You asked for my INTERPRETATION and you got it. I have now read your even less illuminating expansion of your interpretation and... well,  it's a load of sh!te. That's my opinion so let's not waste our time with your fanciful notion of any further 'debate'.

Now off you go and tease your pretties with a few coins on a plate. Maybe they're fooled into thinking you to be the suave, erudite and altruistic fart than you consider yourself to be.

But I doubt it.

12 hours ago, heybruce said:

True, but is that not true of students, models and waitresses all over the world?

I have never seen a pretty bar-fined and leaving with a customer.  If a man can arrange meetings with one of these woman outside of work, what happens is between the two of them

No, you won`t see pretties being bar-fined, that`s not how they work. These girls are much more up-market and usually entertain in higher circles. Car shows, fashion shows, advertising products for companies and may work as hostesses at private functions involving company executives, high ranking officials and parties for the so-called Thai elite. There was a scandal last year when video footage was leaked of naked pretties being fondled by MPs at a privately held party held in a Bangkok gym. The news was actually posted here on TV. You won`t see pretties working at a bar in LK.

For those who can afford it, there are agencies that can organise events involving pretties, but for us peasants living on budgets, these women are out of our league and in no ways can be compared with bargirls, although it all amounts to the same thing, and as one poster has mentioned, the only difference is the price.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

By the same token, TBL didn't prefix the word pretties with "all'' either. Thus he is "clearly stating" that some pretties are selling more than their...um,  prettiness. And there's abso-<deleted>-lutely NO way in hell that you can claim that all pretties are sweet, virtuous nice girls where butter wouldn't melt between their legs. Unless you've invested heavily into their illusion of course.

Don't ever presume to know what anyone else is thinking. If you do, it only makes you a bigger bore than you are already. You asked for my INTERPRETATION and you got it. I have now read your even less illuminating expansion of your interpretation and... well,  it's a load of sh!te. That's my opinion so let's not waste our time with your fanciful notion of any further 'debate'.

Now off you go and tease your pretties with a few coins on a plate. Maybe they're fooled into thinking you to be the suave, erudite and altruistic fart than you consider yourself to be.

But I doubt it.

TBL didn't prefix his words with unspoken qualifiers?  Really?  Are all clear statements invalid because we should assume unspoken qualifiers?  "All men are created equal" except for the unspoken qualifiers that you are free to assume?

Where did I claim "that all pretties are sweet, virtuous nice girls where butter wouldn't melt between their legs"?  Stop making stuff up.  If you think I really stated those things, seek professional help.

I am not presuming anything, you are.  I have a fair amount of experience in living in the real world, that's why I don't assume stereotypes apply to...anyone.  Apparently you haven't figured this out.

BTW, you have yet to give your interpretation of "The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price." All you've done is state there are words there that aren't there.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

No, you won`t see pretties being bar-fined, that`s not how they work. These girls are much more up-market and usually entertain in higher circles. Car shows, fashion shows, advertising products for companies and may work as hostesses at private functions involving company executives, high ranking officials and parties for the so-called Thai elite. There was a scandal last year when video footage was leaked of naked pretties being fondled by MPs at a privately held party held in a Bangkok gym. The news was actually posted here on TV. You won`t see pretties working at a bar in LK.

For those who can afford it, there are agencies that can organise events involving pretties, but for us peasants living on budgets, these women are out of our league and in no ways can be compared with bargirls, although it all amounts to the same thing, and as one poster has mentioned, the only difference is the price.

First, for those who stubbornly refuse to think otherwise, I have never stated that "all" pretties are virtuous women who would never sell sex for money.  I have consistently posted that not all pretties are prostitutes.  The fact that some people refuse to accept this says a lot about them.

The exception does not prove the rule.  There is an east European nude model who worked illegally in the US and then married a much older billionaire who became President.  This does not mean that this will happen to all illegal immigrants that work as nude models.

Guys, stop believing your "I heard" anecdotes apply to everyone.  Yes, there are pretties, students, models, nurses, mothers, fathers, nuns, priests, etc. who have sold sex for money.  That does not mean that every pretty, student, model, nurse, mother, father, nun, priest, etc. is a prostitute.  There are expats who live in Thailand that are pedophiles, does that mean that you are a pedophile?

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Talking to "pretties". Helping "pretties" with their English. Man, that's just embarrassing. Oh, and probably sexist too.

Seriously?  You never talk to those who serve you food or drink?  You never help those who are trying to improve their vocabulary?  Are women sexist if they show basic courtesy to men who ask for help with their English?

What kind of an a**hole are you?

Edited by heybruce

13 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Seriously?  You never talk to those who serve you food or drink?  You never help those who are trying to improve their vocabulary?  Are women sexist if they show basic courtesy to men who ask for help with their English?

Yes, I talk to the people who are serving , I tell them what I want to order .

I dont help them to speak English , they can go to school for that .

Restaurants are for eating , schools are for learning .

I am usually with someone and they would feel jealous if I showed too much attention to the waitress's .

Dont try to come across as the nice friendly guy , you are just trying to get sex from them .

Would you be so nice and friendly to a 70 year old man who was serving you ?

No you wouldnt , because you dont want to have sex with him .

I go out to eat with friends , I dont go out to eat to teach English to the waitreses

• Like 1

"Helping them with their Economics". Perfect. It really helps me put your half assed economic diatribes into context now.

I went to Khoasan Road last night.  6.5 THB by bus.  Hadn't been in six years.  Was it good?  No.  Was it better than Nimman?  Yes, and Moon Mueang, too.  Why?  Far fewer Chinese, much more navigable, pedestrian friendly areas, more low end options..one beer garden place had large Leo for 70.  More touts, but easier to avoid.  Less trash, didn't see a single rat, and more places to chill.  Zero working girls, <deleted> 7-11 clerks, kind of like the one by Zoe, and also warm beer at 7-11s, and nobody walking with one.  Will I return?  Probably not, but may go back to the 100 or so decent looking places I passed on the way, that weren't touristy.  Wasn't loads of dirty backpackers, but quite a few who looked like they would get extra screening every time they went through security....

And there were a few more Thais on dates to Jazz cafes, etc.., but not that many, and while low season, still very quiet around there at 10pm on a Friday night.  And the Bib were setting up a roadblock just up the road for those foolish enough to drive..and it looked like a very regular occurrence...lots of gates, signs, cones piled up.

Edited by moontang

Just now, BritManToo said:

But this is a Chiang Mai thread, and it costs a lot more for people in CM to get to Khoasan Road than 6bht.

It is a fair comparison, BM, as almost everyone has been to both.  If you would rather read little children argue about pretties being prossies, or not, or she said, she said, then sobeit.  I am offering current relevant information to those, who have the wherewithal to seek out good places for entertainment.  Surely, a few must leave during the burn.

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

8 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

"Helping them with their Economics". Perfect. It really helps me put your half assed economic diatribes into context now.

Try addressing the content of the post you are replying to.  It will help people put your half assed arguments into context.

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I talk to the people who are serving , I tell them what I want to order .

I dont help them to speak English , they can go to school for that .

Restaurants are for eating , schools are for learning .

I am usually with someone and they would feel jealous if I showed too much attention to the waitress's .

Dont try to come across as the nice friendly guy , you are just trying to get sex from them .

Would you be so nice and friendly to a 70 year old man who was serving you ?

No you wouldnt , because you dont want to have sex with him .

I go out to eat with friends , I dont go out to eat to teach English to the waitreses

Actually I'm nice and friendly to everyone who is nice and friendly to me, excluding those (car salesmen, prostitutes, etc.) who are obviously trying to hustle me.  Apparently nice and friendly isn't your thing. 

If you're comfortable being a cold, withdrawn non-entity in social situations, that's fine.  Other people are more open to social interaction.

12 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

There was a scandal last year when video footage was leaked of naked pretties being fondled by MPs at a privately held party held in a Bangkok gym.

Back in (about) 1980, my ex-wife's best friend opened her guest house and restaurant in Naklua. This enterprising young lady was also the mia noi of a high ranking Chonburi (not Pattaya) cop and the other guests included the likes of a Kunphlome or two. Food and drinks were served by totally naked pretties who, if one requested, would sit on your lap and have a cocktail or spoon feed you. Of course I wasn't able to partake to that degree but it quickly impressed me with the difference between the have's and the have not's in Thailand's society. I am not sure if off-site, after-event assignations were fulfilled in the many hot-sheet motels in the area but if a pretty gets paid enough to work naked, I am pretty sure the mark-up for 'full-service' wasn't out of the regular patrons budget.

I don't see how that has changed much either.. apart from danger of stuff now being shared on social media, thus causing a 'scandal'.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1